GreaseSpot Cafe

August 15th-17th get together

I would like to extend an invitation to anyone interested in coming for a get together. I realize that this is short notice but will do it again next year also. It will be a campout in my yard. On the fifteenth we will have a campfire and time for getting to know each other. Bring your guitars and voices if you would like for some music. On the 16th of august we will have an annual customer appreciation day at the bar we own. We will have a pig roast and music from heartland express. That will be from 8pm til midnight. Five dollars at the door to get in. Sunday morning will be around the campfire and getting ready for goodbyes. I live about 10 miles north of austin minnesota. If your interested let me know through this thread or private message me. Bring your food and drinks for the weekend except of course leave room for the pig roast!!! lol I would love to meet you there!!!

Oh yes I forgot to mention, this is not a time for witnessing of our beliefs but a time for relaxation and fun. Bring your children also if you have any. It will be a family time.

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

Thanks Zshot I appreciate that!!! I don't think too many if any will come because it is short notice but thought I would put it out. I will try next year though and will have more time of planning.

Vickles,,,,,,,I've give up an eyebrow to be there.....I wish you aand all tha loved ones that show up a happy weekend! You go girl! Perhaps next year I can incorporate it into my agenda! I'd love to be there and exercise my fingers pluckin' along wif' lovely ladies like you sing along,,,,,,yer friend indeed ....Littlehawk!

Due to work and family schedule, the entire event is out of the question. Whether or not it is worth making the trip for a short visit if I can, I have not completely ruled out. ( I live about three hours away).

Anyone in the area heading to Valley Fair this Saturday?

I certainly understand lifted up it was a moments notice. Valley Fair, huh? I wish I could go. Sounds fun. My kids have been there but I haven't yet.

Awww, Vickles, I'd LOVE to be there! but I didn't even get to go on my "annual" trip to Michigan to see my family this year! I have an Aunt and Uncle in White Bear Lake, (I think) and one of these years, my family and I have talked about loading up and going to see them once I'd arrived in MI. (Problem is, I don't get to go every year--it was almost too good to be true to have gotten to go two years in a row the last two times!)

I'd love to see if I can arrange it for next year, though. (And can I start a food fight? MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!)

LOL psalmie, where do you think I came up with the pig roast. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Thanks so much for all your responses. I think next year will be great....We are already going to start planning for it in a couple of weeks. We will see how the annual party goes and weigh everything during that time. I will let you all know the dates for next year and remind in about six months after that so you can put it on the calendar. How is that? It should be fun!!!!