GreaseSpot Cafe

GSRadio

pawtucket

I want GSRadio to be of great quality, No Static At All as Steely Dan would say.

I've been running into a number of problem some technical, some boneheadable.

I am working on solutions to them. I have been making the mistake of recording on the same machine that I make the calls on, that is not good practice -- causes lots of problems capturing recordings. I will be setting up a 2nd computer to alleviate the problem, so bear with me.

I have a great mixer and microphone that integrates well with computers, I just need to be doing the recording to an external source, a recorder, and the other PC will serve well for that. (At some point down the road, I will get a pro audio recorder probably from Marantz)

I hope that GSRadio has been a good experience for those that have listened. On the new site, we can better keep track of the hits or downloads.

Like in my last math class, I don't even understand enough to ask a respectable question. I don't know about all this stuff with "external source," etc., but I have enjoyed the recordings. I am forgiving if they are not perfect, and can usually understand them well enough.

I think we all appreciate your work and effort and what do you mean about the "new site"? ?

Clam

I have the new setup in place and working. Today I interviewed Oakspear, redoing some sections.

Starting this week, I will be doing interviews to get this back on a schedule.

I hope you enjoy the other half of Oakspear's interview which will be up sometime this evening.