GreaseSpot Cafe

who's divorced?

sprawled out

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those of you who have gotten remarried or are willing to look again...

What gives you the courage, interest, or whatever to even try again?

I am happy being single most of the time, but there are still times where I would rather have someone besides friends and family to share my life with.

Married twice and divorced twice. Second time aroung was for almost 20 years, separated 4 years ago and divorced finally (9th of July) for two of those four. A single dad of three wonerfull kids.

Don't know if will try for third time or not.

Edited by dek52

I definitely will try again! I AM trying, actually. :wink2: Having fun, too. Just haven't found "Mr. Right" yet.

I believe in marriage and I believe in finding the right person to be your best friend, lover and confidant - someone you love and who loves you despite your 'humanity' / faults and all.

I also still hold fast to my dream of having the family I always wanted and that my ex-husband promised we'd have. I'd still love to have children, but I don't want to do that alone.

Married 4 times, divorced 4 times - the last 3 were "believers", that would be the 1) chronic liar, 2) narcissistic crazy person, & 3) mama's boy looking for a sugar mama. In retrospect, I should have stayed with the first one. Of course, I am not exempt in this dysfunctional scenario. I was the common element, after all! As of now, I am happily single & intend to stay that way until I draw my last breath.

And no, I don't think all believers are crazy, just the ones I attract.

two marriagfes two divorces.

Am now actively considering trying again if the right one comes along. Too old for having kids--want someone to talk too, go traveling with, LDS, who will really love ME, not who he thinks me is or should be but ME --that last is a tall order.

To those of you who have gotten remarried or are willing to look again...

What gives you the courage, interest, or whatever to even try again?

I am happy being single most of the time, but there are still times where I would rather have someone besides friends and family to share my life with.

I was married 6 years and divorced for 9 before I got remarried again. I think the courage came from "knowing without a shadow of a doubt" that hubby #2 was so different from the first. We got engaged about 6 weeks after we met on the internet. It was scarey. My mind was telling me that I was absofarkinglutely CRAZY and out of my mind to think I should be getting married in that amount of time. We had talked so much on the phone. He was not ever hesitant about answering my questions or telling me about himself. When he came to visit, he was exactly the same as the person I had talked so many hours with over the past weeks. The first week we talked on the phone for 37 hours. It was a small voice who told me I would be marrying him. Call it God or whatever you want. I call it all good and haven't regretted one day since. :love3:

Hey now wait a minute! I resemble that remark! I mean resent that remark! But I know you werer just teasin, and I set myself up for that one. But I do love the girls, but I love my wife more and have been married for 23 years, and look fwd to many more. And, I was going to finish that post by saying at the end of it:

NOT!

Edited by Jonny Lingo