GreaseSpot Cafe

Fish

Belle

I LOVE seafood and wish I could afford to eat it all the time. This is my favorite Salmon recipe and I'm always looking for different things to try.

Honey, Lime, Ginger Salmon

I make this without measuring and make enough to use for salad dressing, too.

Honey

Fresh squeezed lime

Freshly grated ginger

Mix together adding honey to make a thick consistency.

Marinate Salmon overnight in 1/2 of the mixture.

Grill or broil the salmon basting it with part of the leftover mixture

Use remaining mixture for salad dressing

Belle here is one of my favorites

Scallop cassorole

2 lb scallops

1/2 pint heavy cream

1 cup plain bread crumbs

24 ritz crackers {crushed}

3 tso each salt pepper garlic

1 1/2 cups melted BUTTER

mop

combine crumbs,crackers,seasonings and BUTTER

Fold in scallops and place in a cassorole dish

bake at 359 for 45-60 minsa real artery clogger but worth it occationally

enjoy!

I guess this would be the thread to use..

Hey guys.. I love this new forum but I hope people don't quit posting because of lack of replies. I see some good recipes and think... hmmm.. I just might try that one but if I don't post a reply then folks might get their feelings hurt.

***** So here's my question for all you kitchen types out there ********

Does anyone have a really good cold crab dip recipe? I've tried several and have been continually disappointed. Sudossuda makes a great clam dip but it doesn't translate to crab. She uses cream cheese, mayo, worchester sauce and grated onion. Ummm..

But crab?? Eh.. I'm still looking and am resigning myself to the fact that I may have to break down and do a warm crab dip. :(

sudo

2 - 8 oz. pkgs of Cream Cheese

6 1/2 ounce can minced clams (drained of about 1/2 to 3/4 of juice)

10 1/2 ounce can whole baby clams (drained of about 1/2 to 3/4 of juice)

2 tsp lemon juice

2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1/2 to 3/4 cup mayo

1 small white onion, finely grated

Salt and pepper to taste

(Prozac entirely optional. Haven't tried it with that particular ingredient yet. Sushi, let us know how it turns out!) :biglaugh:

Soften cream cheese in microwave for 1 -2 minutes. Add clams and smallish quantity of clam juice. Sprinkle clams with lemon juice and worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Add mayo and onion. Blend together with mixer.

Best to refrigerate at least an hour before serving so that it sets up well.

Serve with Ruffles Dip Chips (or Bugles, if they ever take the partially hydrogenated junk out of them)

Enjoy!

Sudo

try this

cold crab dip with curry and lemon

Ingredients

8 oz crean cheese softened

1/2 cuo carnation evaporated milk

cup of good crab

2 tbsp diced green onion

2 tbsp red bell pepper diced

1/2 tsp curry powder

1/4 tsp garlic salt

a squirt of fresh lemon juice

just a small shot of tabbasco sauce

mop.

beat cheese and evaporated milk til creamy add the rest mix and refridgerate

does any one have a good reciepe for salmon cakes??

Mmmmm...... I can tell I'm only going to be able to come down here during lunch or dinner time. I get hungry reading all these awesome recipes!

Chef, here's my favorite recipe for Salmon Cakes, but you know it's gotta be Cajun coming out of my kitchen. :wink2:

Topping:

2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise

2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon bottled minced garlic

Cakes:

3 (6-ounce) cans skinless, boneless pink salmon in water, drained

1/4 cup sliced green onions

1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise

2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs

1 teaspoon Tony Crackers :biglaugh: (actually, more if there aren't any wusses on the guest list)

2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs

1 tablespoon oil

To prepare aioli, combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.

To prepare cakes, combine salmon and next 5 ingredients (through mustard) in a medium bowl.

Divide salmon mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each portion into a (1/2-inch-thick) patty.

Dredge patties in 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.

Place patties in pan; cook each side until lightly browned and heated through.

Serve topping over salmon.

Sudo, I found some recipes online some time ago, while looking for an artificial crabmeat recipe. (The stuff in grocery stores at the deli counter--made with hot sauce--like tabasco--very good with crackers) I have that recipe upstairs because I've used it a billion times. The other cold (real) crabdip recipes, I saved in a folder on my 'puter. I didn't try these, but here they are if ya wanna try em--if they don't turn out right, throw 'em away quickly cuz Suda might throw 'em at ME!!! :biglaugh: (I can get the other recipe for the imitation crab meat, too, if you want it).

Cold Crab Dip

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

3 tablespoons milk

2 green onions, finely chopped

2 tablespoons prepared horseradish

2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked

In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, milk, green onions and prepared horseradish. Gradually mix in crabmeat. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.

COLD CRAB DIP

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese

1 (6 1/2 oz.) cans white crab meat

2-3 dashes Worcestershire sauce

1 tbsp. lemon juice

3/4 tsp. McCormick Chesapeake Bay Seafood Seasoning

1 bottle cocktail sauce

Combine all ingredients except cocktail sauce. Spread into 9" pie plate. Refrigerate. Before serving pour entire bottle of cocktail sauce over the mixture. Serve with crackers

• 7 months later...

Fish & Chips

2 lbs. of haddock or cod (I buy the fish marked for chowder - not filets - much less expensive)

6 peeled and sliced potatoes (good old Maine grown white or yellow potatoes)

2 eggs

2 cups of flour (seasoned with salt, and some lemonpepper)

Crisco or Veg oil

Malt vinegar

Lemon wedges

I make this in a deep cast iron skillet/fryer:

First, I fry up the potatoes in hot oil or Crisco.

Next, rinse the fish and pat it dry. Dip in egg, then flour, then egg, and lastly in flour. Fry until golden. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.

Serve with fries*, and a lemon wedge. (*The malt vinegar is for the fries.)

2 lbs. of haddock or cod (I buy the fish marked for chowder - not filets - much less expensive)

I just had to laugh when I read those words. I'm lucky if I can find a frozen piece of fish, let alone any specific cut. hehehe I gets what I can.. Great looking recipe tho...gonna have to try it out. Might change the egg and flour to beer batter tho. :biglaugh:

I just love this forum!!

• 1 month later...

Tuna Steaks-Albacore or Mahi Mahi

Use fresh or frozen (defrost)

I use a cast iron pan.

A little EVO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) in the bottom of the pan.

when pan is hot put steaks in and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side. You want this to be medium rare on the inside.

So keep checking your time. If you over cook it will be hard to swallow cause the meat is dry then. ( Like tuna from a can that you have to add mayo to)

A little salt and wasabi oil (like horseradish) and you are good to go

Serve a salad and veggies of your choice. Maybe a rice pilaf, too.

Also a Boiled Cod dinner is exceptional.

Boil potatoes and onions til soft (kinda like your making potato salad) You decide how many you want. Drain but keep the liquid put in a shallow pan that will fit all the cod you want in and continue to cook till firm and opaque in the middle and flakes away easy Maybe 5 or more minutes. Use a slotted spoon and put on plate along with the potato and onions. Use butter and salt and pepper and lemon to taste.

Gravad Lax...Easy Peazy!

Yesterday, I put two large fillets of Norwegian “fresh” salmon (difficult to get here in Burgundy) in a pan. Mixed 60% sugar 40% salt and LOTS of dill, then cheap Napoleon brandy together in a bowl and covered the fish. After, pressed them down with a board on top and 3 litre bottles of water for weight. They get turned after 1-2 days for a total of 4 days in the fridge. After freeze them. For some reason the texture is better? My friend in Sweden showed me this years ago. Any dark alcohol will burn the fish and some may like more salt. Missing my African chef but he makes me lazy in the kitchen.