GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"Hold it! You'd never last five minutes in a New York subway!"

*WHAM*     *WHAM*

"Now, THAT's how it's done!"

You go find a doctor. Get me Dr. Kildare. Get me Dr. Livingston. Get me Dr. Frankenstein. Just get me a doctor!"

"I'm Nikolas Van Helsing, professor of proctology and other related tendencies. A graduate of the University of Rangoon. And assorted night classes at the Knoxville Tennessee school of faith healing."

"You may be a little over-qualified for this job."

"I'm sure that doctor's a very sweet man, basically."

"Oh, thank you."

"But don't you EVER tell me where you found him. EVER."

*WHAM*     *WHAM*

"You go find a doctor. Get me Dr. Kildare. Get me Dr. Livingston. Get me Dr. Frankenstein. Just get me a doctor!"

"I'm Nikolas Van Helsing, professor of proctology and other related tendencies. A graduate of the University of Rangoon. And assorted night classes at the Knoxville Tennessee school of faith healing."

"Oh, thank you."

" I'd like to welcome you all to an event that's sometimes been called the Automotive counterpart to the Bay of Pigs."

"I just want to thank you for informin' them about us back in Missouri. You know, how we're flashers and sex maniacs."

"Well, I was just repayin' you for what you and the chocolate monk did back in Ohio."

*WHAM*     *WHAM*

"You go find a doctor. Get me Dr. Kildare. Get me Dr. Livingston. Get me Dr. Frankenstein. Just get me a doctor!"

"Oh, thank you."

" I'd like to welcome you all to an event that's sometimes been called the Automotive counterpart to the Bay of Pigs."

"I just want to thank you for informin' them about us back in Missouri. You know, how we're flashers and sex maniacs."

"Well, I was just repayin' you for what you and the chocolate monk did back in Ohio."

"Oh, what is there to understand? I'm looking at my son, Seymour Goldfarb, Jr., son of Seymour Goldfarb, God rest his soul, and heir to the Goldfarb Girdles fortune. And what is he doing? Walking around, acting like he was some goy movie star named Roger Moore. And for this I sent you to the best schools? For this I'm spending eight thousand on orthodonture work? For this I'm going broke paying that Beverly Hills analyst?"

*WHAM*     *WHAM*

"Oh, thank you."

"Oh, what is there to understand? I'm looking at my son, Seymour Goldfarb, Jr., son of Seymour Goldfarb, God rest his soul, and heir to the Goldfarb Girdles fortune. And what is he doing? Walking around, acting like he was some goy movie star named Roger Moore. And for this I sent you to the best schools? For this I'm spending eight thousand on orthodonture work? For this I'm going broke paying that Beverly Hills analyst?"

"Come on! 1000 miles on one wheel? We're trying to win a race, not set a record! "

"Of course you know certain skeptics note that perhaps 10,000 of the nations's most elite highway patrolmen are out there waiting for us after we start, but let's stay positively: Think of the fact that there's not one state in the 50 that has the death penalty for speeding... although I'm not so sure about Ohio."

"I wonder why that guy parked his truck in the lobby?"

"Only in America! Get me 12 suites, better yet, the entire floor!"

"Why'd he call me Shorty??

"'Cause you're small. Small. S - M - all."

Here's how the quotes went:

*WHAM*     *WHAM*

MadDog, during the fight with the biker gang at the road closing.

"Oh, thank you."

The ambulance needed a new doctor at the last minute. They got Jack Elam as a really weird MD.

The exposition dump at the beginning of the race began with this line-said by the man whose race the movie was based on.

The 2 "priests" in the Ferrari, and the ambulance, their crews talking over sabotaging each other during the race.

A movie with a man deluded into thinking he's Roger Moore? How many of those do you know? (Played by RM, of course.)

"Come on! 1000 miles on one wheel? We're trying to win a race, not set a record! "

The motorcycle, with the fat guy in back, causing the cycle to operate in a continuous wheelie.

"Of course you know certain skeptics note that perhaps 10,000 of the nations's most elite highway patrolmen are out there waiting for us after we start, but let's stay positively: Think of the fact that there's not one state in the 50 that has the death penalty for speeding... although I'm not so sure about Ohio."

Finishing the exposition dump preceding the race. (Same speaker, still speaking.)

"I wonder why that guy parked his truck in the lobby?"

"Only in America! Get me 12 suites, better yet, the entire floor!"

The sheik, upon arriving at the hotel, the night before the race.

"Why'd he call me Shorty??

"'Cause you're small. Small. S - M - all."

The 2 "priests", Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. 

I thought I was going to have to quote titular lines soon.

"Why did you build this thing with only one seat?"

"Because last I checked I only had one butt."

"Were you looking at the old family pictures again?"

"No, I wasn't!"

"Sir, I have seen you go through similar phases in 2016 and 2012 and 2008 and 2005 and 1997 and 1995 and 1992 and 1989 and that weird one in 1966."

"I have aged phenomenally!"

George

"Black. All important movies start with a black screen. And music. Edgy, scary music that would make a parent or studio executive nervous. And logos. Really long and dramatic logos."

"What's the password?"

"Iron Man sucks."

"No, I wasn't!"

"Sir, I have seen you go through similar phases in 2016 and 2012 and 2008 and 2005 and 1997 and 1995 and 1992 and 1989 and that weird one in 1966."

George

"My name's Richard Grayson, but all the kids at the orphanage call me Dick."

"Well, children can be cruel."

"Wait, does Batman live in Bruce Wayne's basement?"

"No, Bruce Wayne lives in Batman's attic."

"You think you're my greatest enemy?"

"Who else drives you to one-up them the way I do?"

"Superman."

"Superman's not a bad guy!"

"I like to fight around."

"Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Crazy Quilt, Eraser, Polka-Dot Man, Mime, Tarantula, King Tut, Orca, Killer Moth, March Harriet, Zodiac Master, Gentlemen Ghost, Clock King, Calendar Man, Kite Man, Catman, Zebra-Man, and the Condiment King!"

"Okay, are you making some of those up?"

"Nope, they're all real. Probably worth a Google."

"Black. All important movies start with a black screen. And music. Edgy, scary music that would make a parent or studio executive nervous. And logos. Really long and dramatic logos."

"What's the password?"

"Iron Man sucks."

"No, I wasn't!"

George

• 3 weeks later...