GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"Look, I know I must look weird to you but how do you think you look to me? Listen, I watched four episodes of "Lassie" before I figured out why the little hairy kid never spoke. I mean, he rolled over, sure, he did that fine but, I don't think he deserved a series for that."

"I've waited all my life to say this."

"Be my guest."

"We come in peace."

George

• 2 weeks later...

"But thi - see, this isn't real! A-a-and we don't really kill people! Well, we do, b-but n-not aliens, 'cause we haven't met any!"

"He's about to say something."

"Ehhhhhhhhhhh, what's up doc?"

[long pause] "What?"

"It's asking for coordinates on x-, y- and z-axes to locate a point in space relative to its terminal. How did you dream this?"

"Look, I know I must look weird to you but how do you think you look to me? Listen, I watched four episodes of "Lassie" before I figured out why the little hairy kid never spoke. I mean, he rolled over, sure, he did that fine but, I don't think he deserved a series for that."

"I've waited all my life to say this."

"Be my guest."

"We come in peace."

George

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Make that two months.

"You know what it is about you that fascinates them, don't you? It's the hair on your chest. Japanese men all have beautiful bare skin."

"Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree.""

"The firing power inside my crater is enough to annihilate a small army. You can watch it all on TV. It's the last program you're likely to see."

"Well, if I'm gonna be forced to watch television, may I smoke?"

"Yes. Give him his cigarettes. It won't be the nicotine that kills you."

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Tanaka. Please call me Tiger."

"If you're Tanaka, then how do you feel about me?"

"I... love you."

"Well, I'm glad we got that out of the way."

George

• 2 weeks later...

No, not Thunderball, either.

"James Bond. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Ernst Stavro Blofeld. They told me you were assassinated in Hong Kong."

"Yes, this is my second life."

"You will see that my piranha fish get very hungry. They can strip a man to the bone in 30 seconds. I have decided to ask for a little money in advance. I want the sum of 100 million dollars in gold bullion deposited in our account in Buenos Aires."

"Our agreement states quite clearly that no money should be paid until war has broken out between Russia and the United States."

"This is extortion!"

"Extortion is my business. Go and think it over, gentlemen. I'm busy."

"Why do Chinese girls taste different from all other girls?"

"You think we better, huh?"

"No, just different. Like Peking Duck is different from Russian Caviar. But I love them both."

"Darling, I give you very best duck."

"You know what it is about you that fascinates them, don't you? It's the hair on your chest. Japanese men all have beautiful bare skin."

"Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree.""

"The firing power inside my crater is enough to annihilate a small army. You can watch it all on TV. It's the last program you're likely to see."

"Well, if I'm gonna be forced to watch television, may I smoke?"

"Yes. Give him his cigarettes. It won't be the nicotine that kills you."

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Tanaka. Please call me Tiger."

"If you're Tanaka, then how do you feel about me?"

"I... love you."

"Well, I'm glad we got that out of the way."

George

Ok, we have a Bond film. We have Blofeld.  That limits the field considerably. George is a nice guy, so I'm thinking it's not the Lazenby film.  Blofeld had no significant lines in "For Your Eyes Only" and was never really confirmed to be in the movie, IIRC.  (So, he certainly never said his name.)   What's left?   If we hope that the non-Eon film was skipped (Connery in "Never Say Never Again"), we are left with-what's left?  George eliminated "Goldfinger."  We heard of no Russians, so maybe not "From Russia With Love." I think that leaves us with maybe 3 flicks.   

Is this "You Only Live Twice"?

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

Ok, we have a Bond film. We have Blofeld.  That limits the field considerably. George is a nice guy, so I'm thinking it's not the Lazenby film.  Blofeld had no significant lines in "For Your Eyes Only" and was never really confirmed to be in the movie, IIRC.  (So, he certainly never said his name.)   What's left?   If we hope that the non-Eon film was skipped (Connery in "Never Say Never Again"), we are left with-what's left?  George eliminated "Goldfinger."  We heard of no Russians, so maybe not "From Russia With Love." I think that leaves us with maybe 3 flicks.   

Is this "You Only Live Twice"?

It is, indeed.  The response to Bond's "This is my second life" was, "You only live twice, Mr. Bond."

You're up!

George

PS  Lazenby wasn't a great Bond, but "Her Majesty's Secret Service" was a good film.

Next film:

" What about my Miranda rights? You're supposed to say, "You have the right to remain silent." Nobody said I have the right to remain silent!"

"Look, she's not seeing any clients today. Okay?

"That's okay, buddy. We're from the union."

"The union?"

" Head 'em up, Head 'em up, Move 'em on, Move 'em on, Head 'em up, Rawhide! Line 'em up, Move 'em on, Head 'em up, Head 'em up, Move 'em on, Rawhide! Knock 'em out, Pound dead, Make 'em tea, Buy 'em drinks, Meet their mommas, Milk 'em hard, RAWHIDE! YEE-HAW! "

" What about my Miranda rights? You're supposed to say, "You have the right to remain silent." Nobody said I have the right to remain silent!"

"Look, she's not seeing any clients today. Okay?

"That's okay, buddy. We're from the union."

"The union?"

" Head 'em up, Head 'em up, Move 'em on, Move 'em on, Head 'em up, Rawhide! Line 'em up, Move 'em on, Head 'em up, Head 'em up, Move 'em on, Rawhide! Knock 'em out, Pound 'em dead, Make 'em tea, Buy 'em drinks, Meet their mommas, Milk 'em hard, RAWHIDE! YEE-HAW! "

"TGIF, eh, buddy? Workin' hard or hardly workin', eh Mac?"

"Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget."

"I hate Mondays."

"The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom..."

"Bet my bottom??"

"...I'm coming Elizabeth!"