GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"Hello. My name is James St. John Smythe. I'm English."

"I never would have guessed."

"May I remind you that this operation was to be conducted discreetly. All it took was six million Francs in damages and penalties for violating most of the Napoleonic Code."

"Well, under the circumstances, sir, I thought it MORE IMPORTANT to identify the assassin."

"For centuries alchemists tried to make gold from base metals. Today, we make microchips from sillicon, which is common sand, but far better than gold. Now, for several years, we had a profitable partnership, you as manufacturers, while I acquired and passed on to you industrial information that made you competitive, succesful. We are now on the unique position to form an international cartel to control not only production, but distribution of these microchips. There is one obstacle - Silicon Valley in San Francisco."

George

"Hey Flash, wanna hear a joke?"

"No!"

"Sure."

"What do you call a three-humped camel?"

"I... don't... know... What... do... you call... a three... humped... camel?"

"Pregnant!"

".........ha!........ha!.......ha!"

"Hey Flash, wanna hear a joke?"

"No!"

"Sure."

"What do you call a three-humped camel?"

"I... don't... know... What... do... you call... a three... humped... camel?"

"Pregnant!"

".........ha!........ha!.......ha!"

Not getting it? But maybe someone else is.

Seriously?

Okay, um...

Life isn't some cartoon musical where you sing a little song and all your insipid dreams magically come true. So let it go.

I thought this city would be a perfect place where everyone got along and anyone could be anything. Turns out, life's a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means, hey, glass half full, we all have a lot in common. And the more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each of us will be. But we have to try. So no matter what kind of person you are, I implore you: Try. Try to make the world a better place. Look inside yourself and recognize that change starts with you.

"Actually, it's your word against yours. And if you want this pen, you're going to cooperate with my investigation on finding that missing otter, or the only place you'll be selling pawpsicles is the prison cafeteria... It's called a hustle, sweetheart."

"She hustled you good! You're a cop now, Nick! You're gonna need one of these!"

Seriously?

Okay, um...

Life isn't some cartoon musical where you sing a little song and all your insipid dreams magically come true. So let it go.

I thought this city would be a perfect place where everyone got along and anyone could be anything. Turns out, life's a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means, hey, glass half full, we all have a lot in common. And the more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each of us will be. But we have to try. So no matter what kind of person you are, I implore you: Try. Try to make the world a better place. Look inside yourself and recognize that change starts with you.

"Actually, it's your word against yours. And if you want this pen, you're going to cooperate with my investigation on finding that missing otter, or the only place you'll be selling pawpsicles is the prison cafeteria... It's called a hustle, sweetheart."

"She hustled you good! You're a cop now, Nick! You're gonna need one of these!"

Let's see... city, pawpsicles, missing otter, important pen, Nick became a cop...

Zootopia.

"Yesterday, when the lady next door answered the door, there was a man there, and the man said to the lady, "I'm terribly sorry, I just ran over your cat.""

"Oh, that is sad."

"The poor cat."

"And the man said, "I'd like to replace your cat." And the lady said, "That's all right with me, but how are you with catching mice?" "

"Speakin' o' names, I know a man with a wooden leg named Smith."

"What's the name of his other leg?"

That was fast!

Your turn.

I immediately recognized the "one leg named Smith" joke. (It's actually used twice in the movie.) I don't recognize the other joke, but I suspect it, also, was part of Uncle Albert's tea party.

"All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid."

"It keeps me warm."

"You think you're tough for eating beans every day? There's half a million scarecrows in Denver who'd give anything for one mouthful of what you got. They've been under siege for about three months. They live on rats and sawdust bread and sometimes... on each other. At night, the pyres for the dead light up the sky. It's medieval."

George

• 4 weeks later...

"Daryl, what have you done?"

"I went into town... and got caught."

"YOU WENT AND GOT CAUGHT! WHY?"

"You said we couldn't..."

"You told them where we were, didn't you? You told them!"

"My father turned me in. Oh God, they do things you can't imagine."

"It keeps me warm."

"You think you're tough for eating beans every day? There's half a million scarecrows in Denver who'd give anything for one mouthful of what you got. They've been under siege for about three months. They live on rats and sawdust bread and sometimes... on each other. At night, the pyres for the dead light up the sky. It's medieval."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files obtain forms 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons, and lists of private ownership."

George

Time to bring out the giveaway:

"Well, who *is* on our side?"

"Six hundred million screaming Chinamen.

"Last I heard, there were a billion screaming Chinamen."

There were."

"Daryl, what have you done?"

"I went into town... and got caught."

"YOU WENT AND GOT CAUGHT! WHY?"

"You said we couldn't..."

"You told them where we were, didn't you? You told them!"

"My father turned me in. Oh God, they do things you can't imagine."

"It keeps me warm."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files obtain forms 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons, and lists of private ownership."

George

• 2 weeks later...