I'm Dying

LG

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

George, very sad news, I'm sorry to here it.

I have always admired and respected you through your words here since I first started lurking.

You have achieved what anyone should hope to be able to achieve, raising a child to be a better perosn than we have been. In that way, you have changed the world for the better and it will be your legacy.

I hope to hear a "miracle" post by you in the near future.

You know I got a call from my father the other week. He says to me, "I have cancer..." I gasp. "Don't worry it isn't bad." Tears had welled up in my eyes as I started laughing. Apparently, prostate is one of the good kinds.

So, on to that good conversation you wanted....

what do you want to talk about?

It's nice to meet you, George.

You can call me Matt.

I'm dying too George. We all are.

This present world will melt away giving way to new light and more then most have seen.

The truth is we will be with you some day and are with you now.

So really we will never leave you, nor you us.

Forget about that stuff from Ecclesiastes about their memory is forgotten.

He only spoke what was true then.

And yes don't give up hope for now.

Although sooner or later we will all face this.

The hurting inside is for others and not yourself.

A quality that is rarely seen so abundantly in this thread.

Thinking of others before yourself, that is the true road to heaven.

Now or Later, it will happen to us all.

And don't you worry none about hell.

This is from a loving God.

This hell is good and peacable and full of good fruits.

Love Always, and may peace dwell in your heart and mind.

And as a side note, use any pain killers they give you.

You don't have to worry about getting addicted, even the bible says give strong drink to those dying.

For good reason too. And I don't mean alcohol.

I mean the pain killers or whatever you need to think well of yourself.

Cuz you are certainly thought well of here by many.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Edited by cman

George, we never spoke with each other here on Greasespot, but I have read many of your posts. You have made my life better with your words; you've made me smile, and made me think.

I agree that you are a strong and courageous man. I think Lisa is very fortunate to have you as her father.

Love and peace to you.

George, I hope you are hearing in our replies that your contributions here have made a difference. Because they have!

I hope you will be able to get your affairs in order the way you want. And I hope we can help with good dialogue, and good listening. You are definitely worth it.

Thoughts of peace your way,

Shaz

George - words fail me right now - I have always made sure that when I came here I followed your postings.........this saddens me so........your words are always so strong and wise........as they are now. I always enjoy your posts in the politics forum.

Peace to you and your family and know that I am thinking of you and please feel free to contact me if you just want to yak about anything.....

Much love.....foggie

George,

I am at a loss for words. This hits very close to home for me as I have just finished DVDs for my nephew's wife's family who just buried Cyndie, Missy's sister, several days ago. Missy asked me to make the DVD. There are 139 pictures on it and I put Kenny G's music to it.

I didn't know Cyndie, but I do love Missy who has been in our family for over 16 years.

All this leads up to: Take lots of pictures and as others have said, write down memories with your daughter. It will mean so much to her.

Even if a miracle happens, which I pray that it does, you will still have the pictures and the writings for her for a future time.

Good morning George (LG):

Your opening post stunned me and I felt like a deer caught in the headlights last nite so I didn't want to post until I had some of my thoughts together.

Like most others who've posted here, I appreciate your posts especially in the Political Forum because I have a very hard time wrapping my brain around all things political. Your posts help me make sense out of what I read over there.

And like Simon - I also feel honored that you'd share your thoughts with us now. In my experience, most people in your position tend to keep to themselves rather than discuss what's happening publicly. So I am thankful for your willingness to post and discuss some of what you're dealing with.

One of the things I would like to know is how you came to the decision to post this publicly? I'm sure you had concerns about it, but what tipped the scale for you?

Also, would you describe a bit more about "making preparation for my death"?

Edited by krysilis

I have nothing useful to add here.

I hope you consider at least some of us here "family", but I'd expect you to maximize your remaining

time with your (genetic) family. I'm glad you at least have some time to reach closure on a few things,

since not everyone has that chance.

I don't have much to add either. I am truly sorry for your and your family's impending loss.

I also don't really know how 'spiritually' inclined you are, but here's a thought that occasionally gives me some comfort regarding the end of my time here on the planet (I won't do it justice, since I'm paraphrasing).

"When you came into this world, you didn't worry too much did you? Perhaps it is the same way for the return trip".

Edited by Sushi

George thank you for shareing your situation. i think all of us will learn something from your shareing

i can't add anything that hasn't already been said

you seem to be a wonderful guy

my prayers are with you and your family

and in spite of the circumstance i hope you and your family can have a wonderful christmas season

Dear George:

I can't imagine GS without you. So many times when discussions have reached an impasse or have deteriorated to a name-calling contest, you have spoken in a level-headed, balanced, fair way, sometimes even in defense of someone whose beliefs you don't share, and helped get things back on track. I respect you so much for that. I love your objectivity.

I feel I've gotten to know you a little bit, even though we've never met, and I like you so much. So, selfishly, I hope this is one of those times when the human body defies the doctors' best guesses and that they've underestimated the amount of quality time you have left--by a lot. I think we all know people who've been given X amount of time to live who have exceeded that dramatically. Docs tend to give the worst-case scenario these days.

Unselfishly, though, I want for you what you want and pray that you can be at peace and in comfort. Please let us know if there's anything we can do, and please bear with us if we can't help praying for you because we care.

((LG))

Hey LG,

I'll echo what many of the GSC friends here have said...

I'm very thankful to have had you share of your insights and now of your self. Being a single dad myself, beside your clear headed sharing on political topics, I certainly admire you for the daughter who will be your living legacy.

Indeed, for her sake and for grandchildren to come, write, write, write not just of your memories and experiences, but your hopes and dreams, and your insights. The record of your heart and mind will live on -- leaving Lisa thankful everyday.

Thanks.

This is very, very sad news.

George, like so many others have said, yours is one of the voices I've looked forward to hearing. I will miss you greatly. This (the internet) is an unusual medium for getting to know people -- one with which I'm not quite comfortable -- but I'm grateful that our paths crossed here. I've appreciated your directness, and your thoroughness in explaining your point of view. And, more than that, your empathy, which you've extended liberally. You're an excellent communicator, and a decent person, despite being from Texas and all.

I don't mean to sound trite, but, really, your willingness to put this out here is an act of generosity. In your own time, I look forward to reading your thoughts, musings, recollections, lessons, contemplations -- whatever you wish to say, whenever you wish to say it.

LG,

This can't be at all easy. I hope to God that when my time comes I can be as gracious and level headed as you seem to be about this.

I'm sure most of us have already experienced death at some level by this time in our lives. If you do pass on from this, I wish you a peaceful pain free passing surrounded by those you know and love. If you do not, well I wish you many happy years to come and all the wisdom that can be gained from a close brush with your own death.

Peace,