GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Mom's !!!

On Wings Of Love

One calm, sunshiny day an Angel ventured out of heaven to find the most enduring of all things on earth. He roamed field and forest, city and hamlet; and just as the sun went down, he plumed his wings and said, "Now my visit is over, and I must go back to the heaven of light. But before I go I must gather some momentoes of my visit on earth."

He looked over into a beautiful flower garden, and said, "How lovely and fragrent these flowers are." And he plucked the rarest roses, and made a bouquet, and said, " I see nothing more beautiful and more fragrent than these; I will take them with me."

But he looked a litte farther, and saw a little bright-eyed, rosy cheeked baby smiling into it's mother's face, and he said, "Oh that baby's smile is prettier than this bouquet; I will take that, too"

Then he looked just beyond the cradle, and there was a mother's love pouring out like the gush of a river toward the cradle and the baby, and he said, "Oh that mother's love is the most enduring thing I have seen on earth; I will carry that back with me, also."

With the three treasures he winged his way to the pearly gates, and said, "Before I go in, I will examine my momentoes."

He looked at the flowers, and they had withered; he looked at the baby's smile, and it had faded; he looked at the mother's love, and there it was in all its pristine beauty and fragrance!

The Angel threw aside the withered flowers and faded smile, then winged his way through the pearly gates, called all the hosts of heaven together, and said, "Here is the only thing I found on earth that would keep it's fragrance all the way to heaven --- a mother's love."

From Salute to Mother

Author Unknown

Happy Mother's Day to you too, Coolwaters! Ain't it grand!

My 6-year-old declared it Mother's Day Weekend yesterday - she was too excited to wait til today to gift me!

Between Sunday School, her church's version of Girl Scouts, and the public schoool, she has presented me with 3 physical gifts that she made herself.

Today, I was awakened with a bowl of generic Lucky Charms in her favorite bowl and a glass of chocolate milk (which she promptly helped me drink half of icon_smile.gif:)-->). Truly, the breakfast of champions icon_eek.gif

This was followed by a backrub!

We're going to drive an hour to bowtwi jr.'s and ride with him and his girlfriend to a Roman Catholic church for a baptism in his girlfriend's family. After that, it's to the girlfriend's sister and brother-in-law's home (it's their baby that's getting baptized) for a cookout and swimming in their pool.

We have spent most holidays with these people the past couple years - they're from Brazil, so we get to enjoy another culture up close.

I love Mother's Day - I get to be with those I love the most in the entire world.

B - Better

O - Off

W - Without

t - the

w - way

i - international

happy mother's day everyone

and for those who have lost their moms or didn't have nice moms (((((tenderhugs)))))

and also happy mother's day to fathers who are raising their kiddies alone

i know i'm senti"mental" sally

yes i will heartily disagree, rick. my mom is too wonderful for words. i'm lucky. today is also my mom's mother's birthday but we lost her when i was 12 and my mom was 36. happy birthday mommer (that's what we called my grandmother)

i always dreamed of being a mom, ever since i was a little girl. i envisioned having a big ol' family, but i have one, and let me say i am truly the luckiest mom alive

have a great day everyone