GreaseSpot Cafe

GS live on talkshoe 6/3/07

pawtucket

well...this should turn out to be a fun experiment...thanks Paw

strange as it may sound...i am finding it more and more difficult to participate in written conversations (though i love to read them) ... yet finding it easier and easier to engage in live spoken discourse

a few topics i am passionate about and am wide open to discuss with whomever...

- the spirituality of aging and dying...my current studies delve heavily into this...in theory, in practice and historically

- spirituality, sexuality and love (especially agape...i have been following Shifra's very interesting thread on the topic, and have started a few threads of my own on the topic in years past)

- the spirituality of virtual technology and cyber community...i am also doing practicum work in this arena on a number of fronts ... and am incredibly fond of the GSC

- arts and creativity .... feel free to check out www.toddguess.com to get a peek at some of my fine art

- interreligious dialogue and cooperation ... appreciating where the maps overlap and where they do not

- my experience in TWI and post-TWi as it relates to any of the above

and while i can jabber on for hours about these things quite easily ... i do prefer to let Paw and guests guide the conversation via whatever curious modes of inquiry may arise

btw...i am no expert on anything except my own experience...nor do i have any degrees of worth...but i do love the process of mutual discovery and being surprised

...i am mostly just an artist and a pupil of life

"see" you tomorrow

space and grace...+ODD

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Awesome!! I'm looking forward to it.

Todd, I do think that the topics and what you have to share are much more conducive to "talk" conversation than "written". This will be a good episode, I'm sure.

We are still online in chat but it's not being recorded.

Look into it if you can before next week, it really is a blast to be online with folks like this.

David has now joined us and is now talking, it is neat.

Edited by ChattyKathy

God first

Beloved All

God loves us all

great show

taking about the lie VPW taught about the sin being passed alone in the blood it not the sin

Its the recompense of their error that is pasted alone not the sin but the sickless that comes from each sin

like blood presure from over eating

just my view no one other has to see has I do

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Edited by year2027

well...i wanna thank everyone for showing up ...and for your kindness and curiosity...and so many good questions

and of course its gonna be light form of torture for me to listen to my own voice on the playback...it'll be good for me, i'm sure

but....and...too ... if anyone is interested, i would like to do it again some time in the near future

meanwhile...feeling like i could hang out and write some posts again for awhile

:B)

Thank you "Sir" for answering my question about life after death. I had some more questions but so did others. Perhaps another time. It was a pleasure speaking with you.

Love ya lots!

P.S. "Have a good death" (how do you say that in Gaelic?)

from another thread...

Paw or Sir

I dont know Sir...do you have a degree or are you persuing a degree..Just wondering why people are asking you these deep questions expecting you to know these answers.

interesting..thx

hi likeaneagle

no, i do not have a degree, nor am i pursuing one. i am in an apprenticeship for personal reasons, practicing in a wide range of disciplines, mostly around what one might call "end-of-life spirituality"

though i must also say that my opinions are informed by much more than this apprenticeship alone

and while i'm not entirely sure if people actually expect me to know any such answers, it seems as if my perspectives on such matters is interesting enough to give it a shot

thanks for asking

...Todd

Eyesopen asked....

P.S. "Have a good death" (how do you say that in Gaelic?)

i still cant say it as they do in the country...an Irish friend of mine heard some of us trying to say it and didnt know what the heck we were trying to say, or that it was even supposed to be gaelic

...but the word is spelled "Bas Sona"... and from what i recall, is pronounced kinda like "boss-HONE-a" (with a lot of other interesting breathy things going on in the mouth) and is a semi-common greeting that means "may you have a happy death"

i'm still figurin that maybe my irish ancestory will help me say it right someday ;)

Edited by sirguessalot