GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

I spent an hour or so on youtube looking at Monkees videos. The song I wanted to hear was "the door into summer" but they had so much stuff that was good to hear again. I think they were the prehistoric American Idol experiment. They, like the idol contestants, were chosen for their vocal ability and they had good songwriters. But I've had several of their songs in and out of my mind as a result of spending an hour on youtube.

Yesterday I got stuck at this website that - dadgummit - LindaZ has gotten me hooked on. I enjoyed some of the old patriotic and ragtime music on there yesterday.....

I'm listening to a book on CD by Jimmy Buffet right now (my rush hour valium), so I'll be playing Parrot Head music at work today, I think. Besides that, it's the summer and what better time than now to be singing Margaritaville and wishing I'd called in sick to enjoy some booze in the blender? :biglaugh:

dude with drumsticks banging on a garbage can.

Or is that not a song? :)

Actually, Mr. B., a "song" has words. What you have described is more technically a "piece of music".

But what the heck, if it floats your boat, it's all good.

Funny you said this Johniam:

I spent an hour or so on youtube looking at Monkees videos.

This week, earlier, week I had the song "Last Train To Clarkesville" running through my head. That was a nice song, really.

And, on Wednesday evening, I was listening to a bunch of John Phillip Souza marches. I love Semper Fidelis as a matter of fact. I count it a major blessing to have had a band director in high school who had us playing lots of Souza marches. I have four kids, and all have been in Band playing trumpet like I did (well, my daughter played flute), but not a single band director has had them play any Souza marches or any patriotic songs for that matter. Sad commentary, that.

I also listened to some Big Band stuff. In The Mood, String Of Pearls, etc...

I listen to music I have on my computer so its not very current. These two are what I've been listening to this A.M. The first one is pretty old.. youngsters here won't even remember it as it was popular when I was in college. Click HERE!

The next one is actually fairly recent and man does it ROCK! Its not typical of the woman's usual work either but it really gets going midway through the song and it helps if you have good speakers and can crank up the bass. Click HERE!

sudo

I listen to music I have on my computer so its not very current. These two are what I've been listening to this A.M. The first one is pretty old.. youngsters here won't even remember it as it was popular when I was in college. Click <a href=http://sudo2u.com/agu.mp3><B><font color=red>HERE!</font></B></a>

Ex-queeze me, but I not only know that song, but I also know all the lyrics! ... unless you weren't counting me among the youngsters.... :(

Didja know I had a dog named Doobie until I got involved with this religious cult....

This is my song of the moment