GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

SPONTOBEAT

This is a guy who just makes up songs, spontaneously.....by the thousands! . He never covers any songs, not even his own. Some are "killer", some are just "so-so". Not everybody's cup of tea.... I understand. Fascinating, though.

HERE is a link.

Click on "videos" and watch the featured video. It has a definite Jimmy Reed flavor to it.

and

ENJOY!

Edited by waysider

Sands of time by Fleetwood Mac.

Their success with Stevie Nicks has been so enormous that many don't realize they existed for 8 years before she got on board. Sands of time was on the 'Future Games' album from 1971. First album with Christine McVie on it. Written and sung by guitarist Danny Kirwan. Nice tune. Found it on youtube. Have it in my head a lot lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgdIE2t8QkM&feature=player_detailpage

I hope this works. The music is in this Jetman video, which will also just blow your mind if you have never heard of him. He has more vids on his site if you are interested: www.jetman.com , but the music in this video wouldn't leave my head after I first heard it and I ended up researching it out. It's called Adiemus, which also describes the type of music it is. Oh where's that fiddle picker anyway, he could probably explain it all better than me. Heh.

The research brought me to discover Karl Jenkins. For those that don't know of him, the 'words' to this song aren't words at all. The singer is singing sounds Karl wrote to go with the music that the orchestra is playing. The end result is the singer is 'singing' her part of the score that goes flawlessly with the music the instruments are 'singing'. As soon as I can afford it, I hope to buy some of his albums that have the Adiemus music on them.

Yes, those that watch commercials have heard this music before, it was originally written for an airline commercial .. Delta if I remember right. I haven't had a TV in 20 years, so don't quote me on that. Think that's what I read in posts though. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Edited by BikerBabe