GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

Its a Beautiful Day (60's group, they did "White Bird"), and Buckwheat Zydeco, Down Home Live, Thanksgiving at El Sido's.

Anyone who likes zydeco music needs to check this out - It Rocks!

Excellent band - there is only one other person on GS besides me (that I know of) that used to listen to that band. Tossed in the mix with them - altho a different style completely you can't forget Hot Tuna - Death Don't Have No Mercy.

Edited by RumRunner

Rumrunner add me to the mix then cos I have it on CD as well as my wife having the original album. the only songs I liked on it were "Girls with no eyes" and the aforementioned "White Bird" it took so long to get it on CD cos Dave Laflamme and his wife broke up and that album was held in limbo. They were fighting over it as if it were their child.

VAN MORRISSON.......live, at the montreaux jazz festival, 2004................van-the-man with an excellent band behind him, covering ray charles, bob dylan.......and of course, himself!......a fun listen!

rummy...........saw it's a beautiful day twice at the fillmore.........and........hot tuna always rocks!!!!

excie........thanks for the clips........every one was good!!!

george...........tom waits is always soooooo INTENSE!.............thanks for the clip!..................peace........

Yep

"White bird must fly or she will die."

I think I have the vinyl here someplace along with Basket Of Light by Pentangle.

Hot Tuna---Jorma has a place not far from here where he holds workshops.

Jack Cassidy is involved in it too.

Zydeco---What's not to like?

Saw a good zydeco(kinda) group at a festival this summer called Robin Lacy and DeZydec.

Lots-O-Fun!!

Eat More crawfish!!!!!

Yep"White bird must fly or she will die."I think I have the vinyl here someplace along with Basket Of Light by Pentangle.Hot Tuna---Jorma has a place not far from here where he holds workshops.Jack Cassidy is involved in it too.Zydeco---What's not to like?Saw a good zydeco(kinda) group at a festival this summer called Robin Lacy and DeZydec.Lots-O-Fun!!Eat More crawfish!!!!!
Okay.. I had to look this up since everyone has been raving about it: It was the only video I could find that had the original music. Edited by doojable

Its a Beautiful Day (60's group, they did "White Bird"), and Buckwheat Zydeco, Down Home Live, Thanksgiving at El Sido's.Anyone who likes zydeco music needs to check this out - It Rocks!
Here you go BURFORD - Buckwheat Zydeco -"Ma 'Tit Fille NEW ORLEANS TRIBUTE" It DOES Rock!

Okay.. I had to look this up since everyone has been raving about it: It was the only video I could find that had the original music.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Nice vid Dooj - not the original Musack tho - email me if you want a copy of the real original. The vid did seem right out of the 60's tho. The first and most prominent plane was the XB-70 Valkerye. Beautiful plane and much maligned in history. Also had some classic footage of an A-4 (H series) landing onto "cable 13" on the deck of the Oriskany.

Waysider and RumRunner - Here's Jorma Kaukonen and David Bromberg doing "Death Don't Have No Mercy"

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxYKF7NpTSI&rel=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxYKF7NpTSI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxYKF7NpTSI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

And here is the same song done by the Grateful Dead

sweet

Rummy! there's more than one!

I wonder if ex10 discovered the "BeckOla" I left on her Ipod yet?

Beck's Bolero - nothing more need be said my friend

Edited by RumRunner

Nice vid Dooj - not the original Musack tho - email me if you want a copy of the real original.
I tried... I'll take you up on that if you're serious.Simon and Garfunkle: "For Emily- Wherever I May Find Her" Edited by doojable

Simon and Garfunkle: "For Emily- Wherever I May Find Her"

thank you dooj!

that was a nice little break... I've always loved it...

Garfunkel's voice is such an instrument and Simon is a genius.

thanks for the Beck as well!

I was surfing by PBS the other day and caught part of Beck onstage for the Chicago Crossroads thing...