GreaseSpot Cafe

Elena White$ide

act2

I have been thinking of listing some old stuff on ebay, so I have been watching a few items. I was surprised to see Elena's book is now at $31.00.

10 albums went for $51.00 a few days ago. Takit, Joyful Noise, and more were listed.

I haven't sold anything on ebay since December but I am going to pull that box back out of my dressing room!!!!!!!!!

Will let you know how it goes if anyone is interested.

<_<

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forgive me for butting in, Act2-but you made me remember something.

I have a copy of an unpublished manuscript by Whiteside entitled "The Trip". The rest of the cover page reads as follows: "The President and First Lady of the Way International Attend the Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of the Way Ministry in Great Britian. TRUTH (her caps) versus Religion-Tradition-Churchianity as observed and recorded by Elena Scott Whiteside."

If it was ever published, I hadn't heard-does anyone know? It's a fascinating read-especially in light if what we all now know. It was given to me more than 15 years after I left, and pre-Waydale/Greasespot, and I can tell you that while reading it I felt pulled back into the "life". To make matters more surreal, I was reading it on a flight back home from the west coast to Texas, and at some point the pilot comes on the PA to announce we were flying over Gunnison. I've had many flights since over the Rocky's, and not once has a pilot made that particular announcement. It was like an out of body expereince.

I've never been able to trash it. If I had the energy, I'd post parts of it here, but that would probably cause some of us problems.

Anybody want it? I feel the need to lighten my load. It's 251 pages, not in great shape but not bad-I've been hauling it around.

I have a copy of an unpublished manuscript by Whiteside entitled "The Trip". The rest of the cover page reads as follows: "The President and First Lady of the Way International Attend the Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of the Way Ministry in Great Britian. TRUTH (her caps) versus Religion-Tradition-Churchianity as observed and recorded by Elena Scott Whiteside."

If it is unpublished, maybe it would go for $5000 on Ebay ... surely someone would treasure such a work?

And yes act2, please post what your old twi stuff goes for.

Edited by rhino

Thanks, Rhino. It's a thought. I don't do Ebay, so I don't really know how to go about that. That's why I first want to confirm that it remained unpublished, and I'm hoping I can find that out here. I'd also like to give you guys the first bite of the apple.

Not that I couldn't use the money. :redface2:

I hear about people selling old way stuff on Ebay.

Who buys this stuff?

People that are still in? Looking for old books etc.?

I think I still have every shred of paper,book,note,trinket etc. from my way days. Dating back to the 70's

Just a pack-rat with a large basement. LOL

Never occured to me that somebody would want to buy it.

Interesting.

When I was purging all my WayWorld crap a few years back, what didn't go on the burnpile ended up on eBay.

There was some hopelessly WayBrained guy in Florida (IIRC) that was buying up ANY Way-flavored crap as if it was the lost fragments of The Dead Sea Scrolls. He paid me something like $80. or so for a couple of pages of inkjet-printed "research" material for the Aramaic dictionary that WayWorld was all enthralled with at one time.

And I think there were at least 3 or 4 others that were bidding against him for the lost treasures I had listed.

EBay is pretty simple to do Topper. All tutorialed up to the point where you can't slip up. Just post it and watch the dollars roll in.

Might be good for a flight to Cabo or something...

George, was that John Brown from Way Family Tables website?

Toppie,

I'd be interested in reading it. Don't know how to bid on e-bay, but can figure out if you decide to do that. Or I can pay you what you feel a fair price would be, then I can sell it on e-bay once I'm finished if no one else wants to look over it.

I think Elena Whiteside is doing seminars, but don't know for sure. Think I heard something about that somewhere.

Suda

I hear about people selling old way stuff on Ebay.

Who buys this stuff?

People that are still in? Looking for old books etc.?

I think I still have every shred of paper,book,note,trinket etc. from my way days. Dating back to the 70's

Just a pack-rat with a large basement. LOL

Never occured to me that somebody would want to buy it.

Interesting.

Who buys the stuff? You'd be surprised. Cult recovery groups, colleges, people who collect religious books in general and/or cult books in particular, people with fond memories, people with bad memories, people with "an appetite for anything Way-flavored," as mentioned above.

I sold my stuff, my sister's stuff, and my parent's stuff. I made enough from my stuff to pay off some medical bills. My parents were able to do the same, plus buy a nice desk to hold their computer & files. My sister gave me a lot of what she had, and it bought me a new stove when mine died. In all, I'd say several thousand dollars worth of stuff I sold for family on ebay. Still have some odds and ends left over, but too busy to list it.

P.S.-- eBay is easy to learn. Just log on to the site and explore it. There are tutorials right on the site for everything you need to know how to buy & sell.

Toppie, I'd say find a way to scan it and store it at some website where we could go and read it. And then sell your copy on e-bay for some spending money. I was going to say, Yeah, send it to me, for, I would like a copy. But when I saw that it was worth something to you monetarily, I thought of this other idea. If you could run off a hard copy for me that would be nice. I'd pay all the expenses for you to do it. But I would bet that some of our computer brains here at the GSCafe can figger that one out, how to post it somewhere that is...

And hey, that plane ride does sound sort of surreal. Maybe God is calling you to reform The Way and become it's new WOGFOT?

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Who buys the stuff? You'd be surprised. Cult recovery groups, colleges, people who collect religious books in general and/or cult books in particular,

Well now, maybe someone is out there chronicling all of this GSCafe chatter, and is going to put it in a book. There could be a whole chapter on the "Smikeol Wars", and the "Peterlag thinks extramarital sex is a need for a man of God Arguments" (*remember that big brouhaha?) and all kinds of "stuff". Maybe we could all get rich by copying and re-selling various thread arguments and discussions, and then selling them on E-Bay. OR (man I'm brain stormin!) Maybe we should collaborate, pick "roles", and then set up one huge "demented ex-cultist web site fight", and then print only a small number of copies, three for each of us let's say, and "Let The Bidding Begin!!!"

Toppie, if you are serious and want to get rid of it, I would love to have it. I would like to read it. I would go nicely with the proof drawing given to me by Meg that ended up being used as the cover of the children's book TWI put out. I love unique things I guess you could say.

You should still have my phone number, if not, drop me a line and I'll give it to you again or call you if you say to. I have yours in my cell.

Thanks for all the comments, etc.

Topoftheworld, I would be glad to walk you thru setting up on ebay. Just pm me if you want.

I think the first thing I will list is 6 issues of The Way Magazine 1985 with The Way Magazine binder. This was the year vp died, AOS premiered!!! And the statue of Timothy is in here also. Plus a pic of the Northeast TC's riding Air Force One, oh sorry, wrong plane, to HQ. I think Cool Chef mentioned going to HQ on de plane. He may be in the picture.

Anyway, I will let you all know how it goes.

Groucho, I am selling mine 'cause with GS it is only a matter of time before we convert all the vp worshippers to another way of thinking, then they won't want to pay big bucks for our stuff!!! Just a thought.

It would be interesting to find out, lovematters. Try it.

I just listed The Way Magazines 1985 with binder and Order MSITW, signed by de man.

Waysider, boohoo.... I have no idea what this stuff or the Heart mags will go for.

Don't cry too hard yet!!

Edited to add comment to Waysider.

Edited by act2