GreaseSpot Cafe

Elena White$ide

act2

I wonder what this exquisite piece would rake in.

post-164-1185725107_thumb.jpg

We handed these out on the sidewalks in front of 70's gay bars. As far as I know this is the sole survivor.

They LOVED them then.

I'm thinking a grand, minimum.

Nope. Not a grand. Hate to break it to you, but this one has been on eBay before.

Heart mags do go for a few bucks, but not anywhere near a thousand dollars. Around ten maybe. It depends. Availability matters, age matters, and condition matters. Not to mention who may be trolling the site looking for it. If there's not much demand, someone may offer a dollar or so. If several folks show up who all want it desperately, a bidding war ensues and the price can go up astronomically.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember giving that Heart issue to a gay dude who kept making passes at me at this bar where I played harmonica. I had always been polite to "Maury", but when he told me not to"bend over too far" when I was at the urinal in the men's room as he pased behind me, I decided to give him that Heart paper. He seemed to hate me for it afterwards, but at least he never made an advance ever again. So, at least it was good for warding off that gay boy! "Wards off evil spirits!"

That is cool act2 ... I think I might have 10 or so of those binders somewhere, with mags from 75 to 82 or so ... cha ching :) I might have some early 70 ones too, that twi sold at later dates. Or the mice might have eaten them by now :unsure:

That is a heart-breaker, Catcup.

Thanks for saving me from making a further fool of myself in front of my daughter.

Hey, put it up there for 9.99 and see if you get a nibble. Or put it up there for $25 for Buy It Now. If nobody offers to buy it you can always relist at a lower price. Like I said, you might get an offer on it for a lower price, but if there are several people out there who all want it, no telling how high it will go-- whatever price they are willing to pay.

And if what you make helps you make ends meet, put a roof over your head, a meal on your table, or a few extra bucks for a dinner and a movie out with your family, it's all good, in my opinion. It's more than twi ever did for you.

Edited by Catcup

That is cool act2 ... I think I might have 10 or so of those binders somewhere, with mags from 75 to 82 or so ... cha ching :) I might have some early 70 ones too, that twi sold at later dates. Or the mice might have eaten them by now :unsure:

Rhino--

Things like that sometimes tend to sell better in one big lot rather than a year at a time, unless you are doing a tape library. You could do well selling the entire lot of Way Mags, especially those particular years before VP's death. They seem to sell well.

I did the tape library one year at a time. I did test each tape to make sure it was still good, but I sold each year for anywhere from $60 to $90 each, and my parents and I both had the entire library from 1969 through 1995. Sold them all except for about 1992 onward, nobody wanted LCM, go figure.

Something that does exceptionally well, are tapes of meetings that generally did not go out over the SNS. Like some of the early family camps, special seminars, and the like, back in the very early 70's.

Edited by Catcup

I remember giving that Heart issue to a gay dude who kept making passes at me at this bar where I played harmonica. I had always been polite to "Maury", but when he told me not to"bend over too far" when I was at the urinal in the men's room as he pased behind me, I decided to give him that Heart paper. He seemed to hate me for it afterwards, but at least he never made an advance ever again. So, at least it was good for warding off that gay boy! "Wards off evil spirits!"

can always count on you to be such a

I wonder who posed for that.

The earring is on the right side, which was the wrong side for gays.

Plus, he's wearing a wedding ring.

Note the VPW-like (wart?) mole.

Maybe it was a secret message.

I always thought the earring on the right side was a gay sign back then. I remember my cousins making sure they didn't want to pierce their right ear. Today, it doesn't mean anything because men wear one or more in each ear.

I always thought the earring on the right side was a gay sign back then. I remember my cousins making sure they didn't want to pierce their right ear. Today, it doesn't mean anything because men wear one or more in each ear.

*Dooj tries to remember her days in Greenwich Village*

I think that anything worn on the left meant that one was "the man" in the relationship and ....

I may have that backwards. There may be someone that has more recent data. ;)

Years ago, I was told:

LEFT IS RIGHT

AND RIGHT IS WRONG!!

In other words, you are straight, it goes in left ear,

if you are gay, it goes in right ear.

That is how I have remembered it since then...

Ok, back on topic now!!!!!!!!!!

:redface2:

Ex, we were posting at the same time.

Edited by act2

left is right

and right is wrong

is what I recall from a straight guy with an earring

meaning the right side was the gay side

heh... like act2 said :)

and excie...

so if women wear both, are they ...? :evildenk:

good that Elena wised up ...

Edited by rhino

Years ago, I was told:

LEFT IS RIGHT

AND RIGHT IS WRONG!!

In other words, you are straight, it goes in left ear,

if you are gay, it goes in right ear.

That is how I have remembered it since then...

Ok, back on topic now!!!!!!!!!!

:redface2:

Ex, we were posting at the same time.

Yep, that's how it goes.

(Waysider wore one himself in his wild pre-TWI days.)

However, a WWII Navy veteran told me that they used to piece one ear as they crossed the equator north to south and the other one as they returned south to north. Of course, they only pierced it and didn't continue to wear the earing.

Things like that sometimes tend to sell better in one big lot rather than a year at a time, unless you are doing a tape library. You could do well selling the entire lot of Way Mags, especially those particular years before VP's death. They seem to sell well.

I did the tape library one year at a time. I did test each tape to make sure it was still good, but I sold each year for anywhere from $60 to $90 each, and my parents and I both had the entire library from 1969 through 1995. Sold them all except for about 1992 onward, nobody wanted LCM, go figure.

Thanks Catcup ... Too bad I threw out a garbage full of those SNS tapes ... :biglaugh: we were so diligent at labelling and even had a special shelf built for all of them ... every bit of revelation had to be saved ... :rolleyes: At least maybe we can get some cash and let someone else "live the dream".

I have 5 people watching Order My Steps in Thy Word!!! And the minimum bid of $5.95. SIGNED copy....yippee!!!

I have 2 watching my way mag binder for 1979,

The guy who bought my other mags wants the 1979 but wants me to cut him a deal. I told him I would discount the shipping, that is all.

I have 5 people watching Order My Steps in Thy Word!!! And the minimum bid of $5.95. SIGNED copy....yippee!!!

I have 2 watching my way mag binder for 1979,

The guy who bought my other mags wants the 1979 but wants me to cut him a deal. I told him I would discount the shipping, that is all.

Watch making deals outside of eBay with people who contact you from finding you on eBay. eBay has rules about it--look them up. I think it can get you banned or suspended. It has also caused some people to fall prey to thieves. I would encourage anyone thinking of buying or selling to read everything on the site they can. It's a pretty helpful place and safe for the most part. The rules are there for a reason.

You are right, for sure, Catcup.

He wants me to give him a discount on what I have listed. Not anything under the table.

I would not do that.

But thanks for the warning, as I haven't done a whole lot on ebay.

You are right, for sure, Catcup.

He wants me to give him a discount on what I have listed. Not anything under the table.

I would not do that.

But thanks for the warning, as I haven't done a whole lot on ebay.

It's "against the rules" to go to someone who has already listed an item up for bid at a certain price, and then ask for the price to be discounted to them because they have purchased from you in the past.

You are well within your rights to discount the shipping, but if you did anything more than that, they could bounce you both right off the board.