GreaseSpot Cafe

Elena White$ide

act2

One thing that made me wary about Ebay ... someone article saying the PayPal agreement basically commits you to them for life, or something like that. I wasn't ready to really research all the details. I guess you don't have to take PayPal, but that seems the easiest way to be sure to get paid.

It seems everyone here had transactions go smoothly. But people buying "Holy Grail" items would maybe tend to be honest.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing that made me wary about Ebay ... someone article saying the PayPal agreement basically commits you to them for life, or something like that. I wasn't ready to really research all the details. I guess you don't have to take PayPal, but that seems the easiest way to be sure to get paid.

It seems everyone here had transactions go smoothly. But people buying "Holy Grail" items would maybe tend to be honest.

I have PayPal and I don't recall signing away a lifetime commitment.

PayPal is simply a safe way of paying someone quickly, or receiving payments from them, or sending money to another person online.

It's an agreement that allows you to transfer funds from the bank account of your choice into an account with PayPal. Then it allows PayPal to debit your PayPal account WHEN YOU SAY THEY CAN, in order to pay for a purchase you make on line.

You can transfer funds from your brick & mortar bank checking or savings account, into your PayPal account. Then when you win a bid on eBay, or see something on line you want to purchase, you can hit the PayPal button and PayPal automatically debits your PayPal account and pays the seller immediately. Or if you are selling something, and they buyer has a PayPal account, as soon as they hit the PayPal button, the money is transferred into your PayPal account. It makes for smooth, easy transactions and is relatively safe.

Yes, "Holy Grail" purchasers, with one exception I ran into, were the most honest, swift, and dependable of purchasers

As far as I know, you can close out your account with PayPal anytime you want to.

It's also the easiest way I found to pay my sellers fees to eBay.

Thanks Catcup ...

I have a PayPal account for buying, but I was thinking of the seller side. I searched the site I read the article on, but only found some other complaints about paypal restricting some purchases (even legal ones, like firearms), and that they were not real competent. I didn't find the long term commitment complaint.

Here's the link if it matters ... :)

Thanks Catcup ...

I have a PayPal account for buying, but I was thinking of the seller side. I searched the site I read the article on, but only found some other complaints about paypal restricting some purchases (even legal ones, like firearms), and that they were not real competent. I didn't find the long term commitment complaint.

Here's the link if it matters ... :)

Yeah, I don't know about some of the practices the blogger was discussing, such as data mining. I think if I was going to be making my living doing an online business where I had to be constantly dealing with online payments, it might matter to me. But on the other hand, there are a ton of eBayers doing it full time and using PayPal as their only means of doing business.

I don't know about PayPal restricting firearms purchases, but I do know that eBay restricts certain items from being sold on their site, which might affect how you could use PayPal. I know at least a few years back when I checked, among other things, they refuse to let anyone list Nazi memorabilia, like old medals, armbands, and the like from WWII. Maybe they won't let you list guns, either. I can't remember. Anyway, PayPal and eBay are closely connected, so maybe what one allows/doesn't allow affects the other.

I just know I've not ever had a problem with PayPal, but I am not what you would call a high-volume seller on that site, or for that matter a high-volume purchaser. I used to sell antiques for a company several years back on eBay, and PayPal was my only means of accepting payment for them, because that is what the company required.

Good luck!

I like paypal. I mostly buy :) I use my Amex card. Sure beats going to the bank and standing on line for money orders after work.

Also, a couple of months ago, someone did not send me my item. I had emailed him on ebay - never heard from him.

I filed a claim with paypal, boy, did I all of a sudden hear from him.

He promised to send it. I fine, it better be here by Fri. I will not cancel the claim until it gets here.

He never sent it, paypal refunded my money, plus shipping costs on my Amex card.

If I hadn't have used paypal, I would have lost a couple hundred. I recommend it.

Just go to the paypal site and sign up.

Hey, Catcup, thanks for telling me about that. I had not sold anything on ebay since December, so I am kinda rusty.

Anyway, I have a minimum bid on the 1979 binder so he will have to go ahead and pay me for the 1985.

Thank you again for your words of wisdom, Catcup and others!!

Ok, I admit it. I have been reading thru some of these many books that I have.

Was just reading Uncle Harry book. In there, he mentions a guy named D0n $mar+ who lived in Spencerville where Harry had his furniture store. He gave enough details that I figured his approximate age and looked up zabasearch and sure enough, there is a D0n there and the age is about right.

Wouldn't it be interesting to hear his side of the story?

Rhino,

I don't have the book, but I have the mags from 1977 where the book is recorded in parts in the first 5 magazines for that year.

I will definitely put White$ide in the title when I list them tonite!!!

Thanks, topoftheworld, for your good wishes. So far, I have had a 'buy it now' and have bids on 3 of my other items. I have 7 people watching my SIGNED Order My Steps in Thy Word and a bid.

Hooner, no, I have not heard of it but am glad that catcup has!! Thanks for your kind words.

Right now, all of my 'way stuff' has bids. And several people watching.

I LOVE IT!!! Finally, recouping some of my investment.... :biglaugh:

Congrats on your sales. Has anyone ever heard of the book "The Dilemma of Foreign Missions in India" By Victor Paul Wierwille?

I don't believe VPW was the first one to bring up the dilemma. Claudius Buchanan beat him to the punch and already sparked a eight year debate over the issue.

The star in the east: the controversy over Christian missions to India, 1805-1813.

Don't know about the seminars, Outfield, but did you read my first post that her book went for $61.00!!!

I have an auction about to end, and the bidding is at $51.00 for 1977 Way Mags with the Binder, and Uncle Harry book!!!