GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way International vs The Way Ministries

GT

Full story of the lawsuit, along with the original complaint filed in U.S. Federal Court is on GS's main site.

Feel sorry for them. Probably don't have the money to feed lawyers like TWI is retaining.

There is no indication that they ever had anything to do with TWI. Just picked a name for their group using words from the Bible.

I wonder why they picked this particular group out of the many thousands using the words "the" and "way" for their group.

Probably the smallest I'd imagine. Gotta "prevail" somehow..

unless they consider this their new outreach program.

Someone called Darnell mentioned. This would surely not be Bob Darnell ... would it?

True.. maybe "they" were right, evil is like a parasite.. the organization really exists because of the generosity and longsuffering of others.

They could take such a substantial beating from Bullinger publication trust, Kenyon, etc., etc..

maybe people who DO take the bible seriously just don't have the heart to beat the snot out of a little do nothing, take all organization..

There may be legal precedent to it, but frankly, didn't The Way (International) get its name from a public domain source, i.e., the Bible, through their own admission? Who are they to claim the absolute right to the name?

There are a lot of places using "The Way" in their name including public libraries. How about "Covenant" Church? Apostolic Mission House, etc.? Are these different small churches suing each other?

The idea that the Christian body of Christ should be united, so once taught in TWI has never been violated so much, except by TWI.

TWI should lose its tax exempt status as a church regardless of what they teach, because they don't practice it so in reality, the ministry is now a fraudulent church or ministry.

If someone went after TWI's tax-exempt status, while that may seem like attacking another part of the body of Christ, I would consider it nothing more than getting rid of a wart.

Hey, look at the bright side - The Way Ministries is being saved the hassle of people thinking they are twi - which could do them a heck of a lot of damage!!

Good point JavaJane. I never looked at it that way before.

I was doing googal search on the way minstries. It a new religion created in the spring 2003 that had nothing to do with the TWI . From what I have read they are more open ,not that I am converting or encouraging anyone to do so. This new ministry never hear of the TWI. Well I don't know about anyone else here but I know who I am cheering for Go Way Way ministry go! The TWI better be careful a little information that is out there. Even if they win they could still lose! ;)

There is a local pastor by the name of Del Way. I have seen several members of his church wearing a jacket that said Way Ministry's.

I almost fell out of the chair in the restaurant. I even got up and ask about the coat. It was just happenstance that the ministers name was Way.

Let them suit him over his name.

Amazing, if you google The Way Ministries you come up with alot of interesting sites. Wonder what they will do next.

http://www.theway.ws/

http://www.newwayministries.org/

http://www.hiswayministries.org/

http://www.bythewayministries.com/

http://home.earthlink.net/~lgtg/newwayministries/

Thanks 1 john 3.1. Looks like there is more than (pardon the pun )way! Mabey these links should be sentd to the TWI. So they can sue them too! In that case they will spend so much money the the TWI will then be known as the NWI. The No way international! :biglaugh: What do you think?

Thanks 1 john 3.1. Looks like there is more than (pardon the pun )way! Mabey these links should be sentd to the TWI. So they can sue them too! In that case they will spend so much money the the TWI will then be known as the NWI. The No way international! :biglaugh: What do you think?

Actually if there is the remote chance that their trademarks could be called into question, they have to follow up on it legally or risk losing there right to sue organizations for using there name. If they let one slide and sue another, they lose.

So I would guess the easiest way to kill "The Way" is to flood them with all these organizations that could cause a trademark/copyright infringement and wait for them to go bankrupt in legal fees. But I would hate to put any organization under the microscope of The Way. Nobody or organization comes away unscathed when dealing with them unfortunatlly (except the IRS)

I'm suprised they haven't sued The United Way yet. They have a bigger pocketbook than these little groups.. rosie is probably salivating, while the sweat runs down between her ears..

yep.. bigger pocketbook.. Probably a few more lawyers, too..

:biglaugh: