GreaseSpot Cafe

The Cone of Humberto

Mister P-Mosh

This morning before going to work the weatherman said we just had a low that maybe becomes a small tropical depression, if anything. By lunch we had a named storm.

at200709.gif

Fortunately we live to the west of Houston, so we should get a little rain at the most. I feel bad for those further east who are likely to get hit hard from this. Up to 15 inches of rain is expected, and earlier I saw something really weird on the computer models. Although they're probably wrong, it's possible that Humberto loops back around through Mississippi and re-enters the gulf, possibly hitting us in Texas again.

The loop-around model is considered a low probability.

At first, it seemed as though the storm would come right at us, but it seems to be headed further east up the coast.

HumBUG, is more like it!

Hey, P-Mosh! Check the Texas thread. You're welcome to come to the "Thank God I'm not a Pig" roast Oct.6.

George

I hope TX is spared from damage. We could sure use the rain in AL so I hopefully Humberto will visit us.

I lived in Houston for a year (87-88) after leaving the Way in Dallas. Recently I looked on google earth for my apt on Ella Blvd north of Rankin Rd. It appears they are gone. They were very nice at the time.

It looks like we didn't get hit with anything here in Houston, but it sounds bad further East. That's pretty bad considering that Beaumont and the other areas there were also hit by Hurricane Rita two years ago and the cleanup work was still not complete.

The loop-around model is considered a low probability.

At first, it seemed as though the storm would come right at us, but it seems to be headed further east up the coast.

HumBUG, is more like it!

Hey, P-Mosh! Check the Texas thread. You're welcome to come to the "Thank God I'm not a Pig" roast Oct.6.

George

Thanks George. I will check it out, although I'm supposed to be going to a wedding that weekend. I haven't gotten an invitation yet and my uncle hasn't responded to my emails, so I might just ditch it. In which case, I'll let you all know.