GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

The lights are on, but your not home

your mind is not your own

You like to think you're immune to the stuff... oh yeah

The video to this song features a mock band of 5 women playing guitars, the piano and the drums all dressed in black with their hair combed back, and with lots of make up.

• 1 year later...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube....bed/5AhU12zC8fc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Just wondered If anyone can read code. I'm seeing a link but instead I'm getting this. Does anyone here know what it means?

Edited by Human without the bean

• 1 month later...

http://<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DDo4CA13LbY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Blamey. I'm just trying to post a full screen video. No one's using this thread so I'm putting my attempts here for the time being.

Edited by Human without the bean

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
15 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I'm Henry the 8th by Herman's Hermits.

I guess we can try this again...

Wop-bop-a-loo-mop-a-lop-bam-boom!

George

"Tutti Fruitti",  sung by VAL KILMER for "Top Secret!"    He did all his own singing as Nick Rivers. 

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I'm surprised you didn't go with Pat Boone.  I don't think the performer is required in this thread, so go ahead!

George

But Pat Boone didn't appear in "Top Secret!"

Seriously, I can't remember ANY Pat Boone stuff offhand.   A bit of Little Richard, yes, but it's hard enough for me to remember John Denver, let alone Pat Boone.

6 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I always think of that as the title.  I can't remember the real one.

Space Oddity?

George

"Major Tom" was mentioned in 3 songs.  He was introduced by David Bowie in "SPACE ODDITY."  Peter Schilling wrote "MAJOR TOM"  from the major's perspective.   And in "Ashes to Ashes" Bowie suggests Major Tom wasn't an astronaut at all (Bowie was wrestling with all the personas of his past at the time.)     THIS song was "Space Oddity" but "Major Tom" was Peter Schilling's song.  For some reason I could swear on my life that, when it charted, the DJs said the artist was "Information Station",  but I can find no references to them now whatsoever.   I don't know if I was just VERY mistaken or if there was a scrub of a band off records for some reason.