GreaseSpot Cafe

New England Sports Fan Fun

Peruser

AFC and NFC championship day!!!

I'm looking forward to an exciting game between the "new America's Team" Patriots and the Chargers. Be interesting to see how the Chargers play their first game of this season in below freezing conditions - although I don't think the weather will be much of a factor, as long as it's not windy.

Being a Pats fan, I'd like to see the Chargers get annihilated - although a closer game would be more interesting.

Now the Giants at Green Bay - I'm not sure who I want to win that one, although my leanings are toward Green Bay - I'd like to see a Farve-Brady stupor bowl. I hear it's going to be brrrrrr cold in Green Bay tonight, so should be fun!

GO PATS!!

Per

I don't think the weather will be much of a factor, as long as it's not windy.

Maybe not, but it is COLD, real COLD out there today-- the windchill is below zero...They say it wont, but its not exactly something you will find many from San Diego are used to........Of course Brady has his personal army of supermodels to keep him warm so he should be fine

Pats and Giants. Has anyone besides me noticed how good Eli has been playing WITHOUT Jeremy Shockey in the huddle or on the sideline? I think his (Jeremy's) poor route running and beligerent attitude cause Eli to cower and make nervous mistakes. They should trade Shockey.

Should be a good game if the one in the last week of the season was any indicator.

...and Coughlin gets to keep his job.

It was a good game though. Cold, but good.

Oh my gosh, that was a good game. I must confess at the start of the game, I was rooting for the Packers, but then I quickly began cheering the Giants. It was like they were executing better than the Pack - with the exception of that one long TD play by Favre - and they seemed to play with more heart than the Pack. I was surprised the Giants were able to overcome all the mis-cues during the game, and still win it. The Pack at Lambeau is usually formidible.

The Giants should bring a good game against the Pats - although this game will most likely be played in much warmer conditions than up in New Jersey/Meadowlands - unless Arizona has a cold snap. Should favor a good passing game, which both the Giants and the Pats possess.

Ok, will wait this one out -

GO PATS!!

Oh my gosh, that was a good game. I must confess at the start of the game, I was rooting for the Packers, but then I quickly began cheering the Giants. It was like they were executing better than the Pack - with the exception of that one long TD play by Favre - and they seemed to play with more heart than the Pack. I was surprised the Giants were able to overcome all the mis-cues during the game, and still win it. The Pack at Lambeau is usually formidible.

The Giants should bring a good game against the Pats - although this game will most likely be played in much warmer conditions than up in New Jersey/Meadowlands - unless Arizona has a cold snap. Should favor a good passing game, which both the Giants and the Pats possess.

Ok, will wait this one out -

GO PATS!!

The stadium is climate controlled... the U of P Stadium (in Glendale, AZ), that is.

The stadium is climate controlled... the U of P Stadium (in Glendale, AZ)

Anyone going? Rock? Simon? Peruser? anyone?

I checked StubHub--- nosebleed seats start at $3070.00, Good seats are at $18,500.00 (Thats EACH)

:biglaugh:

Unless I hit Powerball in the next week, or dramatically save the life of an heiress or sumpin', I think I'm gonna pass on goin' this year

Edited by mstar1

Anyone going? Rock? Simon? Peruser? anyone?

I checked StubHub--- nosebleed seats start at $3070.00, Good seats are at $18,500.00 (Thats EACH)

:biglaugh:

Unless I hit Powerball in the next week, or dramatically save the life of an heiress or sumpin', I think I'm gonna pass on goin' this year

Heck for the price of one of those nosebleed seats, you can get a b1tchin' 60" HDTV... which, from the comfort of your living room, family room or home theater room will be a MUCH better seat anyway. AND you get to see the best entertainment of the year.... Super Bowl commercials! :evildenk:

My living room's too small for a 60"... but I DO have a 50" HDTV and it works just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...