GreaseSpot Cafe

Idaho around 1980

Tamar

• 2 months later...

Im sorry I dont know that person, but my Wow vet sister was from Idaho...do you know her?? Melanie Doggett

• 1 year later...

Yeah, he's living in Boise and running Chris Geer's classes. Still doing the same things just with a different group. At least he was 5 years ago. I was a WOW in Coeur d'Alene '83 and '84 and then lived in Lewiston '84 through '86. I saw Dana often. Idaho is a beautiful state. I miss it. I don't miss being in TWI in Idaho, but I miss Idaho. That's where I was living when my daughter was born.

I was in Idaho in 79. The Grand Tetons were majestic the wow field was boring :sleep1:

Not my wow family but all the Mormons!

I believe Dana was in Idaho Falls then.

Actually we probably were boring too come to think of it now! :yawn1:

Edited by cheranne

Aw, erkjohn, see we never knew that. We gotta get caught up here after the holidays!

I guess you figured out we were in the Seattle area for our last three years in bondage, er, TWIdom.

But yeah, drove through Cour d-Alene once, very nice.

WG

Yup! Met my 1st wife there, lived in Lewiston/Clarkston valley through July of '86 (POP was read in April of same year) and moved back to Ohio which was both my and my wife's home state. We both adored Idaho but the economy was just terrible. No one wanted to hire a guy who needed 3 weeks off a year to go to some "festival" in Ohio (3 days drive, 2 weeks at HQ, and 3 days drive home). I even had a job in my beloved field of radio. No, we moved back to ol' sticky hot & humid Ohio and left those beautiful mountains in the west.

The ironic thing is that when in Idaho, I made the pilgrimmage every year to Corps Week and The Rock. I even quit jobs to go. Once back in Ohio the ministry continued to decline and I never went to another Rock and it was only 2 hours away.

I often wonder how different things would have been had we stayed.

My WOW sister, Katrina Phillips, was from Boise. We were WOWs in Waco, Texas, August to December 1983. Then we were moved to Midland, Texas, for the rest of the year. I often wonder about her. I got in touch with our first WOW Family coordinator recently. I hadn't spoken to him since December 1984, and he was looking for the people in our family.

• 6 months later...

My WOW sister, Katrina Phillips, was from Boise. We were WOWs in Waco, Texas, August to December 1983. Then we were moved to Midland, Texas, for the rest of the year. I often wonder about her. I got in touch with our first WOW Family coordinator recently. I hadn't spoken to him since December 1984, and he was looking for the people in our family.

Oh, Katrina was in my first Twig in Boise, the second year I was in the ministry. small world!

• 2 years later...