• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How about "RoboCop"?

George

P.S. Human, it's your turn on the Star Trek thread...

That's not it George. Post of the Trek thread.

The Rogue cop is an alcoholic. When he sleeps, he sleeps with his gun. He is tight with his Commander.

A little more plot then. :unsure:

When the rogue cop's EX-partner is brutally gunned down in front of him narrowly escaping himself, he goes (the rouge cop) after the killers. One by one he eliminates everyone suspected until he uncovers that it isn't the killers of his EX-partner that he's looking for, its those who hired them.

He soon discovers the corruption that is taking place within the LAPD, and in his own detective squad. :yawn1:

When he kills 2 undercover cops who are the ones responsible for his partners murder he uncovers an even bigger drug ring within the LAPD, and his partners try to set him up because he knows to much. Then Our Rogue Cop goes about putting away everyone of his fellow detectives until he gets to the captain who he has to kill too.

Ironically, this thread is for somewhat devious descriptions of well-known movies. Here, you've pretty much given the whole plot and (presumably) the lead actor, and still no bites. I imagine that when you post the title I'll have heard of the movie, but I haven't seen anything with FW in it in about a decade (excluding reruns of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High). :)

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate your attempt to revive this thread. It's probably the toughest one to give clues for.

George

Ironically, this thread is for somewhat devious descriptions of well-known movies. Here, you've pretty much given the whole plot and (presumably) the lead actor, and still no bites. I imagine that when you post the title I'll have heard of the movie, but I haven't seen anything with FW in it in about a decade (excluding reruns of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High). :)

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate your attempt to revive this thread. It's probably the toughest one to give clues for.

George

I see George. However Forrest Whitaker is not the lead actor. But I see your point.

I'm going to throw out one more clue and it should be a shoe in, however, it may just be that no one has heard of this movie before. My taste in movies are not always those that are the most popular.

I am trying to make choices for movies somewhat challenging for everyone and not too difficult which would take all the fun out of it for this thread.

One last clue then, Keanu Reeves is the rogue cop. No goggling right.

I see George. However Forrest Whitaker is not the lead actor. But I see your point.

I'm going to throw out one more clue and it should be a shoe in, however, it may just be that no one has heard of this movie before. My taste in movies are not always those that are the most popular.

I am trying to make choices for movies somewhat challenging for everyone and not too difficult which would take all the fun out of it for this thread.

One last clue then, Keanu Reeves is the rogue cop. No goggling right.

My guess is nobody has heard of this movie.....STREET KINGS.

Sorry.. Lets open this up to a free post. Any takers?

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is nobody has heard of this movie.....STREET KINGS.

Sorry.. Lets open this up to a free post. Any takers?

I'll try again.

Three Southern boys escape from jail and become the brain trust for the Governor of Mississippi!

Three Southern boys escape from jail and become the brain trust for the Governor of Mississippi!

You seek a great fortune you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the fortune you seek.

But first, you must travel a long, difficult road, a road fraught with peril. You shall see thangs wonderful to tell, You shall see a cow on the roof of a cotton house. Ha. And, oh, so many startlements.

I can not tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in you path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.

Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation.

Here's some more clues. This movie is loosely based from Homer's Odyssey fable. It has an ensemble cast. Some other characters from this movie include a blind prophet, sirens, and a one-eyed bible salesman. Funny movie.

Last chance here. I will probably turn this over to a free post soon.