GreaseSpot Cafe

How do you like your Cat?

Hills Bro

Skinned. Any of the more than one ways will do. (Just kidding.)

I don't care for cats but I don't mind other people having them. What I do mind is that my town has a leash law for dogs but cats can run around loose, which causes all sorts of problems.

I love my cat. He's a handsome boy with lots of long black hair (part angora) and green eyes.

When I come home from work, he is looking for me out the picture window. He knows my car. He does not move until I stop the car and wave - then he bolts for the door - what kind of cat is this?

He follows me everywhere and is always talking to me, very vocal. I hate it when he jumps from my dresser onto my bed to wake me up in the mornings. He doesn't like to be picked up or held, but when he eats, I must pat him, give him ear rubs, head rub and rib massage. I think he was on the verge of being feral before I got him. He's sweet, kind, gentle, territorial and a watch cat. He'll growl if someone comes to the door. As Catcup said, cats rule!

I just think it's odd that people who don't like cats frequently joke about killing them. Sick bastards...

So, in the interests of balance, I hereby advocate mangling puppies in a tree chipper. Little, yippy rat-dogs? Skeet targets! 3 a.m.-yowling German Shepherds? Korean Barbecue Surprise!

"Dog: The Other Red Meat"

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Cats are like part of the family.

Currently my mom's cat is very, very sick.

My mom took him to the vet on Friday for some tests. The vet gave him a couple shots. Yesterday, my mom found out that "Puff" has kidney failure. Today, my mom is taking Puff to the vet's office and they are going to try putting Puff on a cathider.

Puff has been my mom's companion for 20 years (yes that is old for a cat). My mom is having a difficult time right now. She knows what decision she might have to make soon.

Please, no cat jokes for a while. Thank you

I have four cats. One of them is about to give birth - her name is Scrapper. In the morning as soon as she hears the alarm go off she jumps up on my stomach and nibbles at my nose. It is her way of waking me for her breakfast.

Snowbelle is a pure white American long haired cat. She is very prissy and doesn't even let you hold her.

Then there's Ralph Renfro, he's my beautiful tiger cat.

The bad seed is Boo-Boo Kitty - he is always in trouble. We have a den in the basement and when they start running through the house and playing, it sounds like a small herd of horses.

Any day now the kitties will be born, can't wait. Ralph is the daddy.

Cats are like dust bunnies... once you have one, they just seem to multiply in your midst.

I now seem to have become house-mom to a stray tom. He comes to my porch every morning and sits, looking in the window at my cats. He knows they can't touch him, and he sits calmly watching them throw themselves at the glass, telling him it's THEIR house, not his. I love his sweet, dopey face.

He's still too skittery to let me pet him, but he no longer darts off the porch when I approach with food and water. And when I come home in the evening, he's often sitting in the yard waiting. Yeah, I know, it's the kibble and not me he's waiting for, but give me a few months, he'll be my baby like the rest of them.