GreaseSpot Cafe

Why were we wearing name badges at SNS?

fooledagainII

Ok, I get the wearing the dove pin when going to SNS. I even kind of thought it was a little cool (please forgive me). Although, I couldn't believe that it was such a big thing on which way it pointed. I kind of understood wearing the WOW pin... after all you did serve out on the field and you went through a lot (I rarely wore mine though).

However, what was the name badge wearing all about at SNS? I'll admit it I wore mine too but other than letting people know how far you gone in the ministry, what was the point. I mean, I don't recall anyone I never met before, look at my badge and then refer to me by name. As I remember it (and I could be wrong), after service people pretty much looked up friends or people they haven't seen for awhile.

I remember thinking, that's a brown one... must be UL, or that one's F10... wonder if they know 'whoever' from F12?

And just how many type of badges were there?

Edited by fooledagainII

Well, lessee...

• We had the blue on white WOW tags,
  • the white on green & green on white Corps tags.
  • Then for a few years there was the gold on purple (?) WOWvet tags,
  • the University of Life (where they white on yellow?) tags,
  • white on green advanced class tags.
  • What were the white on brown ones? Was that staff?
  • Was College division white on red? Or red on white?
  • Nebraska WOWvets had a red on white tag shaped like the state.
  • In the 90's if you took Martindale's advanced class you got a white on blue tag, and were not allowed to wear the old white on green one.
  • The Corps tags changed in the late 90's...they no longer had the Corps number; they were a different shade of green and had Way Corps II on the bottom.
  • How about Way Disciple tags?

Edited by Oakspear

definitly a display of rank.

i remember the first rock i wore a blue wristband with pride, lol.

oh, and WD tags were red on white.

Edited by nick

I knew a guy that would not cut the ROA wristband off for months.

He thought it was a great open door to speak.

It looked all beatup and nasty. We begged him to take it off.

I think his record was till christmas...

copenhagen

Our first year WOW pins (1975) was a big round pin that just had our name printed on with magic marker. Pretty classy to have to wear that for the whole year.

The wood grain were for word in business I think, maybe also for staff.

then there were the different hats at ROA. The white were for the elite. WOWs got yellow ones? Way Corps had green. Blue for staff? I rode around in a cushman and collected money ... I don't remember getting a hat ... should have taken a big haul and just gone to my car that last year :eusa_clap:

For some of the time I was on staff (85-94)only the staff, way corps and wows were required to wear their nametags. Basically, as of March 1989 all

VISITORS were also required to wear names tags, because the "New Knoxville Vice," also known as the way safety department were afraid there were cop-outs

sitting in the audience.

Little did they know............. :unsure:

Radar

Edited by Radar OReilly

a name for riding on the big plane?

now i am mad!

where is mine!?

i flew on the big bird to see craig make a fool of himself with that dance show

can't even remember the name of it now

thank you jesus i am saved!!

then there were the different hats at ROA. The white were for the elite. WOWs got yellow ones? Way Corps had green. Blue for staff? I rode around in a cushman and collected money ... I don't remember getting a hat ... should have taken a big haul and just gone to my car that last year :eusa_clap:
"Bless patrol" had different colored hats: yellow for the grunts, blue (?) for the supervisors, Black & white for the big dogs

I think TWI was more class-conscious than the military or english monarchy. My first corps sponsorship was a couple I adored when I met them. Wonderful, kind, funny and very generous. Seeing them at ROA, all they could talk about was who they knew and hung out with. Come to think of it, that "Bible thing" never came up. I didn't even know them. Oh, and apparently Donna took her aside and taught her how to put on makeup. AARRRGGGHHH!!!! All she needed was a red nose and she could have sold hamburgers at McDonalds.... :confused: