GreaseSpot Cafe

Losing the Way Part 2

pawtucket

• 1 month later...

I finally was able to purchase this book.

I know I am about four years late, but.....WOW!

All I can say is thank you kristen for putting into words what some of us have struggled for decades to understand and express. I admire your strength.

• 2 weeks later...

hi rascal. so glad you posted. sometimes i feel she (me) is invisible :)

((((((excathedra)))))) never invisible, , however I feel that I way as well. Never underestimate the impact your own personal testimoney has had on others. For many of us it was the first inkling we had that wierwille was not as pure as the wind driven snow.

• Like 1

thank you rascal, you've always told me that, which has brought me more comfort than you will ever know

and i know how you feel too

i love you a lot

thank you again and a zillion hugs to you (((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))) etc etc etc

Never underestimate the impact your own personal testimoney has had on others.

As I more or less said a few years ago, that's what generally has the real impact. And that is what Kristen gave, personal testimony, and not a lecture on others' experiences; she simply and plainly told us what happened to her. Perhaps I am much more sensitive to the difference, having had a lot of stuff shoved down my throat in a deprogramming.

As a bonus to me, not only did Kristen give her personal testimony, but as such, it rang a lot of extra bells. I was in the same state under the same limb leader during the same year for our "apprentice" corps year, then at Emporia during that first 8th corps residence year she spends so much time on. But the bells kept ringing after that time, all the way to the start of my final residence year at HQ when I went through my own minor sexual "incident", which for all of its minor nature, red flagged the much worse experiences that Kristen and excie and others went through.

Better not get going too much though or I won't be able to stop. You may not wanna hear me go on and on; besides, if you do, Kristen's blog posts are sprinkled very liberally with my responses over the last four years or so.

A few years ago, after Kristen's book came out, Excie told me something in a message related to her abuse and my deprogramming. What she told me was bull :) but I still love her for it.

I finally was able to purchase this book.

I know I am about four years late, but.....WOW!

All I can say is thank you kristen for putting into words what some of us have struggled for decades to understand and express. I admire your strength.

You're not late; you needed to read it now; I needed to read it four years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

what did i say lifted up? i can't remember

and i'm glad you still love me

and where are her blogs and your responses?

and i wish you would keep going

Kristen's blog is at Losing the Way: Kristen's blog

I made my first post anonymously then all the rest with my name (Billy).

I was referring to the brief private exchange we had in which you told me you thought my deprogramming experience was worse than the crap you put up with because they were playing with my mind in the deprogramming. It was bad enough, but that factor was hardly absent in the abuse you took. However, true or not, it helped give me a perspective on how difficult it can be to live through then try to recover from trauma; physical, mental, or both.