GreaseSpot Cafe

Proud of the family

jeast

I just can't help but to want to share this with those of you who appreciate having a blessed family.

I just walked out of the turnstyle, at midnight, for the last time from the foundry that I had work at for 30 years.

About 20 some years ago I wrote a song with some of the lyrics going like this..

"I get off work around midnight from the foundry don't ya see

Just doing my time tryin to make a dime to feed my family"

Music has always been a very big part of our family. That is how we share things that just can't be said any other way.

As I walked out the gate I saw several of my fellow workers standing around off to one side then I heard this song that I wrote coming from in between the parked cars.

It was my wife & family with a couple of guitars and a mandolin singing that song for me. I was floored!

Life is good!

very cool!!!

I wouldn't be too surprised if, after being away from that place for awhile, you find you have regained some of the use of your hands that you sacrificed for your family. And that's a good thing for a "picker" like you. :wink2:

Edited by waysider

What a great welcome to your life of new-found(ryless) freedom.

I gotta hand it to anyone who works in such a dangerous, hot place to put food on the table for his loved ones. You're a hero in my book.

Please tell your family we think they rock! And you do, too!