GreaseSpot Cafe

A Nice Visit With Bumpy

J0nny Ling0

Dan,

The issues have been dealt. They aren't any of your business. If people want to join the discussions, fine, but when they cross over the line we take action. In the near future, there will be some notification for the board. I don't know what form it will take.

And "that's what I'm talking about" makes no sense.

Edited by pawtucket

what i think he's talking about is people might disagree with how some people get banned for life or whatev

also me might be talking about -- since we're only a part of the community and not the owner or moderators -- some may feel they don't have a voice

i think that's what he's talking about

but i guess i can talk about if one doesn't like it, one can leave

--

okay back to that lovely young lady and that lovely engine room lol

Yeah, I still have more interest in my daughter and the lovely engineroom, but, I am wondering just what particular line Bumpy crossed to get banned for Life. I mean, was it as bad as a Comanche woman who was caught cheating on her husband and then therefore had her nose cut off or banned from the Tribe for Life? I mean, I know that Bumpy has/had an irascible nature at times, but to kick him out for Life? Sorry, I still don't get it...

Oh wait, Excathedra, I should have said "lovely daughter" and not "lovely engine room....." Silly me! But, I spent many a watch down in that ER, and got to know the heartbeat of that ship quite well! And, I miss all of that fore shore.

Oh, and here is a political quote that rings very true to me in relation to "ships and engine rooms, and Free Enterprise and Taxes". Here ya go:

Obama says that he will only tax the Rich and Rich Corporations. That is the same as saying; "I won't shut down the entire ship, just the engine room".

Yeah, I liked that one when I heard it. I think that one of Clinton's ex advisers made that comment. I think it was Dick Morris who made that statement. Very wise saying...

Yeah, I still have more interest in my daughter and the lovely engineroom, but, I am wondering just what particular line Bumpy crossed to get banned for Life. I mean, was it as bad as a Comanche woman who was caught cheating on her husband and then therefore had her nose cut off or banned from the Tribe for Life? I mean, I know that Bumpy has/had an irascible nature at times, but to kick him out for Life? Sorry, I still don't get it...

Oh wait, Excathedra, I should have said "lovely daughter" and not "lovely engine room....." Silly me! But, I spent many a watch down in that ER, and got to know the heartbeat of that ship quite well! And, I miss all of that fore shore.

Oh, and here is a political quote that rings very true to me in relation to "ships and engine rooms, and Free Enterprise and Taxes". Here ya go:

Obama says that he will only tax the Rich and Rich Corporations. That is the same as saying; "I won't shut down the entire ship, just the engine room".

Yeah, I liked that one when I heard it. I think that one of Clinton's ex advisers made that comment. I think it was Dick Morris who made that statement. Very wise saying...

This has already been discussed, Jonny. And if this is going to be another discussion of Bumpy's suspension, I will close it.

Edited by pawtucket

I'm glad I "make sense" to someone.... thanks, excie. Paw, the only reason it's none of "my business" is because you say so, and you make the rules. What I'm "talking about" is that I question that attitude. Maybe that makes me a candidate for the next banning. You tell me.

My POV is underrepresented here at GS, IMO. The name "Grease Spot Cafe" is to me a delightfully irreverent thumbing-of-the-nose to LCM's now famous curse upon anyone who would leave the Way Ministry. That era saw the Great Exodus of some of the best and most honest leadership and "membership" that The Way had. My view is that there was rot at the root from early on, and eventually it reached its just end. It could have gone much differently, but it didn't. Some have lost faith in God, some in "religion" altogether, especially corporate religion, and some, like myself, have stayed a course that began before I was associated with the Way, continued while I was in it, and remains today. There was plenty of goodness in the Way Ministry. There was real love, real appreciation and respect for the Scriptures, real faith, wisdom, and fellowship.

I'm not against anyone telling their varying experiences, good or bad, but that's me. I'm not against rules protecting the vulnerable, and I realize how difficult it is to do, and am glad I don't have that responsibility. But it is a shame, IMO, that the agenda is so narrow, here. It would be nice if there was a kinder attitude towards those who survived their Way experience with something valuable. Ideally, IMO, this could be a place where people with heart, intelligence, kindness, and all kinds of other good qualities could demonstrate that they did not become greasespots-by-midnight. There's a whole bunch of them over at the Way Corps site; of course there are many who were not Corps who are likewise (like waysider). Lots of folks who have moved on and have recognized the errors of DrW, LCM, and TheWay, and their own errors nevertheless won't come here and be a part of the "wake up" call, because the agenda is so narrow. Funny, but someone who has something positive to say is the one that's fair game, but if a person is bitter or has all kinds of nasty things to say about this person or that, or to ridicule their interpretation of "The Way's" interpretation of this or that is to be treated as a protected witness. Whatever!

Jonny, great pics of the engine room and your daughter. She (and it) are indeed beautiful. Glad you had a nice visit with the Bumpmeister.... cheers, Bumpy!

edit: PS. I thought about starting a thread where people could post names of those who have been banned, and why. I realize that that would be being a troublemaker. It would probably be quickly quashed, anyway. But I'd really like to know. No doubt some were banned for good reason, but perhaps not all. Bumpy was a pretty independent thinker, and crossed the lines of civility not a few times. I simply wanted to know what tipped the scales and got him banned. None of my business.

Edited by anotherDan

I should also say that I didn't mean by "there are a lot of them over at the Way Corps site" that there aren't people like that here, too. I have met some great folks, here. Some that I agree with a lot, and some that I disagree with. I could name names, but I'd be sure to forget someone that should be mentioned. There are also some posters that I generally skip if they post on a thread I'm reading. I don't care for their POV at all, and I'm sufficiently clear as to what that is, and what they'll likely be saying, so I skip them. Maybe they skip me, too.

edited to add a recent picture of our "middle" daughter, Lauren, on her "new" (1985) Honda CB650

DSCN4343.jpg

lauren08Aug10.jpg

Edited by anotherDan

(((Dan))),

She is Beautiful!!!

Another proud Father and I am sure with great reason.

It usually takes a great father to raise a great child IMO.

Your Walk with God, Your Faithfulness, Your Love and Your knowledge of the word; Your heart and soul efforts are rewarded and Your children are blessed for who You are!!! "Teach

Your Children Well" The Hardest and most rewarding job of all!

Dan,

They are Beautiful!!!

That would be a great idea!!!

"A Brag about Your Children's thread"!

In some ways it might bridge some gaps, if we saw more of the loving, good and nurturing sides we All have!!!

Why Dan, like me, your Better Half's beautiful good looks have shone through! What beauties! You have so much to be proud of. And a Grand Pa Pa you are as well I see! I have not garnered that distinction as of yet, but Meagan, our oldest is but twenty three, "boyfriendless" at the moment and the Boys, well, so far so good! Our oldest boy who is 21 doesn't have a steady gal just yet, but there certainly is Time for alla that! Riley at 16 is fine and handsome and has a black Mustang 5.0 with mag wheels, tinted windows, booming stereo, and all of the sudden, a new girlfriend who looks amazingly like Paris Hilton! Surprise! So much so that we call her "Paris". :rolleyes: Anyways, so far the boys have not had any dalliances that have gotten any girls in the Family Way. Hopefully they will constrain themselves and remember that people are to be loved and not used...

LOL Jonny! You're right.... in their own time.... no need to rush anything. But it is cool to be a grandpa. Actually, Rachel, bless her heart (the pregnant one, above) gave birth to her second, and named her Violet. And now she has ANOTHER ONE on the way! Blessings abound!

Violet, 30 min. old:

DSCN0203.jpg

Violet, recently:

beach2.jpg

BTW, for those of you who don't know.... Jonny and I knew each other 'Way back when, in Southern California. And RG, thanks for posting my "challenged" friends pictures for him! That greasy one is priceless!

Edited by anotherDan