Songs that make you cry

RottieGrrrl

That song Shannon, about the dog dying. Henry Gross? "

"Shannon, is gone I heard

She's drifting out to sea

She always loved to swim away

Maybe she'll find an island with a shaded tree

Just like the one in our backyard"

I remember about 10 years ago I was working at a job and this song came on the radio and I told the two women in the office if they don't change this station I was going to start crying. They looked at me like yeah right. Well about the first 30 seconds I burst out crying. They looked at me so shocked that I started laughing. Then crying. Then laughing because of the way they were looking at me. Then crying... and so on.

One of them finally handed me a tissue while the other one changed the station quick.

The other song that ALWAYS gets me is the ASPCA commercial with Sarah McLachlan "Arms Of An Angel" with her haunting voice and all those sad dogs looking at the camera. Oh MAN! I couldn't take it, I called up and was in tears joining the ASPCA. That was almost a year ago and I STILL cry when that commercial comes on. I try to change it, but I tell you, that commercial does it's job! :(

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other song that ALWAYS gets me is the ASPCA commercial with Sarah McLachlan "Arms Of An Angel" with her haunting voice and all those sad dogs looking at the camera. Oh MAN! I couldn't take it, I called up and was in tears joining the ASPCA. That was almost a year ago and I STILL cry when that commercial comes on. I try to change it, but I tell you, that commercial does it's job!

I change that commercial as soon as it comes on--BBC America runs it all the time. I can't watch it.

For You (((((Rottie))))),Is this it??? Henry Gross - Shannon (1976)For you (((((Geisha)))))) In The Arms of The Angel (City of Angel music video)((((Sudo)))) that was incredibly sad and beautiful!!!!

"Butterfly Kisses" does it to me. The first time I heard was when I was taking my daughter in for a second eye surgery at the end of a week that had started with the first eye surgery and ended up being "procedures" every day. This included me holding her hand while the doctor stuck a needle in her eye to replace the excess fluid that had drained out. I had gotten through the week by "going numb" but when I heard that song on the radio I lost it. That was years ago but it still gets me teary every time I hear it.

Ever since I got married, (3 months ago) this song gets me. I've tried to sing it to my husband in a group a couple of times and it's hard. It's not a tearjerker song, it just speaks to us.

Mama, He's Crazy (The Judds)

Mama, I found someone, like you said would come along

He's a sight, so unlike any man I've known.

I was afraid to let him in, cause I'm not the trusting kind.

But now I'm convinced that he's heaven sent

and must be out of his mind.

Mama, he's crazy, crazy over me

and in my life is where he says

he always wants to be

I've never been so loved, he beats all I've ever seen

Mama, he's crazy, he's crazy over me.

And Mama, you've always said, better look before you leap.

Well, maybe so, but here I go, lettin' my heart lead me.

He thinks I hung the moon and stars, I think he's a living dream.

Oh, there are men, but ones like him, are few and far between.

Mama, he's crazy, crazy over me

and in my life is where he says

he always wants to be

I've never been so loved, he beats all I've ever seen

Mama, he's crazy, he's crazy over me.

Well now, I have pulled a tear on every one of these songs youz guys have presented fore shore. But, no song in this World gets me like "Hello In There" by John Prine. As a matter of fact, I saw John Prine live just last night for the first time, and once again, he reduced me to weeping when he played this one. Live was very good, even better than the recorded version that you will get to hear in a moment. But, when I found this YouTube deal just minutes ago, I really wept all over again. The song is about "Old People", and how we should take the time to say "hello in there". Every Old Person we ever see was once a vibrant youth, and even some one's bouncing baby boy or baby girl. Anyway, just enjoy the song, and I am thinking that it will definitely touch your very soul...

Well Shell,

That just wuddn't fair. :cryhug_1_: Uggh! I just count my blessings that my kids are healthy and well! I just don't know what I'd do if the unspeakable ever happened! I believe in the "positive prayer", but when it comes to my kids, I flat our beg Him that they be spared any sickness or catastrophic accident! I think that the shortest verse in the Bible "Jesus wept" is in order here.....

When I was a kid Puff the Magic Dragon--always made me cry. If my daughter hears it she still puts her hands over her ears and says "Stop"!

A dragon lives forever but not so little boys

Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.

One grey night it happened, jackie paper came no more

And puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain,

Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.

Without his life-long friend, puff could not be brave,

So puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave. oh!

Elton John's Tiny Dancer does it to my husband and I, it was the song that was playing when my daughter was born.

JIM

You mentioned Peter, Paul & Mary-Proud mama moment--Noel(Paul) Stookey had one of my son's original songs on his desktop and used to play it for friends. :) We became friends with him when he lived up the street from us. Hubby and son met both Peter and Mary. Noel is a christian--his wife Betty a minister.

Edited by geisha779

Beaches - Wind Beneath My Wings Beautifully sad in the beginning and Tragically sad in the ending!!! Beaches says a lot about Life, Friendship and Love

Edited by RainbowsGirl