GreaseSpot Cafe

Busty Beer Ads: Sexist or Just Smart Selling?

Hills Bro

0_21_013003_ad_miller.jpg

Beer "buzz" is typically associated with drinking too much, but this time the buzz that's brewing is over some controversial ads.

In Miller Lite's "Catfight" commercial, two buxom women get into the classic "less filling, tastes great" debate, tear each other's clothes off and end up wrestling in wet cement. In Coors Light's "Love Songs" ads, chesty blond twins gyrate and flash come-hither expressions.

Whats the big deal?

Some feel the bodacious brouhaha has grown bigger than a D cup.

"Theses ads are selling beer to men," a posting from username "tjthresh" said on Realbeer.com. "What's the quickest way to get to a man's attention. T and A!!!!! They sure have my attention every time the ad is on. If that make me the lowest common denominator, then some of you should come down off of your high horses and join me. It's much more fun down here."

High Horses?

btn_media_replay_on.jpg

[This message was edited by Hills Bro on February 03, 2003 at 12:28.]

Definitely smart selling -

The only reason I even read this thread was because of the title. It's like watching the screen before they show the movie and the big popcorn box and Coke start running down the aisle toward the back of the auditorium singing, "Let's all go to the kitchen!" It sells product.

Recently I happened upon a crowd (mostly men) looking like they just witnessed an accident. I also stopped to look and saw a young woman who looked like she was hit in the back with a pair of cruise missiles. It was impressive. I am a follower - I am ex-Way Corps.

Walker

Personally, I liked the classy beer ads. I put that in the past tense because I haven't seen one for awhile.

I was watching Close Encounters a couple weeks ago, and in one scene they have that Old Budwiser commercial with the Clydesdale horses. Remember that one? I LOVED that. Why can't they make them like that anymore?

babyrott60percent.gif

...It's hard to be humble when you own a Rottweiler...

wayward: I haven't seen that! Oh it must not play around here!

The herbal commercials make me sick. I flip them, they are so stupid.

You can sell a product without resorting to crap.

Patricia Heaton (everybody loves raymond) got cheers for walking out of the recent awards ceremony the Osbournes were hosting cause of fowl language.

I thought this was so hypcritical cause her own show is so damned stupid all they make is sex jokes half the time.

No way will that show hold up 40 years later like The dick van dyke show, andy griffith, lucy and others.

They are appealing to a 12 year old mentality. Which will be there future consumers, I'm sure.

babyrott60percent.gif

...It's hard to be humble when you own a Rottweiler...