GreaseSpot Cafe

With Love and Best Wishes, "Goodbye from Jonny Lingo!!!"

RainbowsGirl

:cryhug_1_: Jonny just sent this to me and asked me to post it for his friends to read!!!

Here’s the goodbye note:

Dear Fellow Grease Spotters,

Hi, and God bless you all. I am posting this through a friend, Rainbowsgirl, because I no longer have an account here. I have asked Pawtuckett to close it down for me, and he has done so. It’s been about three days now. I have left this place, not after some "huge fight", but simply because it is time to move on. As many of you know, I personally have not had bitter feelings toward The Way, and as I’ve said before, for me, it was not a terrible time leaving me scarred and ruined. Personally, I learned many great things while in The Way, things still dear to me to this day. But that’s a subject for another thread that no doubt will come up again on some future thread by someone whose sentiments may be close to my own. But I also know that my journey has definitely not been the same for many of you who were involved, and that for many here it was a terrible time.

So, I am glad that I have spent time here, yet saddened to have learned a side of The Story that I did not know existed before I came here. In this regard, the mission of the GSC served it's purpose. My heart goes out to all who were hurt during your time in The Way, and may the road ahead of you just get better and better. For me, this place has had an "addictive quality" to it, one that has been hard to put down. As you know, I "said goodbye" once before, but when I did, I hadn’t insisted on having my account closed. And so, when people responded to my "goodbye thread", I had a terrible time not responding, and the whole thing turned into a "big brouhaha", and went on and on. and, I never left! Sorry 'bout that. But like I said, it has been a hard place to stay away from.

And so! To all with whom I have argued and rumbled, I apologize for any times that I was rude and unseemly. And to all with whom I have had pleasant discourse, the pleasure has been mine. But from this day on there is no more "Jonny Lingo" at the Grease Spot Café. His entity will be no more than archived posts and a movie known as The Legend Of Jonny Lingo. But if you ever chance to see that movie, think of me up here in Alaska, and know that I will continue to pray for the good people of the Grease Spot Café, for, "It's way past midnight and we're still here!"

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind always be at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

and rains fall soft upon your fields.

And until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

God bless you all in the name of Jesus Christ.

Kevin Nye-oka "Jonny Lingo"

nyetribe@acsalaska.net

Jonny was always a good friend to me and a "stellar" man!!! I will greatly miss him and his unique charm, His wonderful wit and the way that only He could spin a yarn or tell a tale.

I have read some of His pieces off this board and they are very very good; worthy indeed of publication. His style is indubitably his own. He can run the gamut on anyone's emotions and sometimes indeed has made us all wonder what this "Word Warrior" might intrigue us with next. A delightful character indeed to have known and loved!!!

This a very hard medium to truly shine in; for it's much Harder to express all you want to say and the fullness of your heart and intents of your soul, than it is, one face studying another face. Perhaps, we might see more if it were eye to eye, heart to heart and voice to voice!

I wish you well my Dear Friend it is my deep honor and profound pleasure to know You!!! I am certain that you will be missed and will forever echo in these archives and in our hearts, until we meet again in the sky!!!

"The Legend Of Johnny Lingo "

JonnyLingo.jpgJohnnyLingo.jpg

The Legend of Johnny Lingo blends the themes of Cinderella, Snow White, Ugly-Duckling and Pygmalion to produce a charming movie smoothie. Packed with too many biblical parallels for the length of this review, I will discuss the movie and inject important spiritual truths as they occur in the story.

The film, adapted from the short story authored by the late Patricia McGerr, begins as a baby washes up to shore on an island in the South Pacific. Imagined to be a sign of favor from the gods, the infant is adopted by the tribal chief and named the future chief even despite the fact that he already has a son. Resentful of the decision and concerned for her natural child's future, the chief's wife plants seeds of discontent within the community and after three long years of turmoil and, the chief disinherits the adopted child. Once again, Tau is orphaned. He is the village outcast and totally alone until he meets Mahana, also an outcast.

The two children form a strong bond of friendship and commitment to one another. But eventually, unable to live in the abusive home of Mahana and her drunken father, Tau plans to leave. Instead of leaving, Mahana chooses to remain on the island to care for her father. Mahana's decision to look after her father, a cruel and harsh man who blames her birth for the death of his wife, illustrates the Lord's command to honor our parents. We honor our parents because the Lord has placed them in this position for a purpose and it is the position we respect, not their personality. We obey the Lord no matter how unpleasant the circumstances.

Tau drifts at sea for many days and is discovered by the Chief Steward, a long time friend and loyal employee of the legendary Johnny Lingo. Seeing the boy as a rough diamond in need of polishing, Johnny Lingo decides to help him. Tau is dazzled by Johnny's wealth but remains suspicious of him and he misses Mahia.

After a careless accident, Tau tries to leave the island with stolen goods and is caught. Johnny extends mercy and offers Tau the chance to work as penance. From a Christian perspective, Tau's sin is forgiven but not without consequences. Isn't this what the Lord does for us? Although Tau's intentions for stealing were to find Mahana and keep his promise, Johnny wisely explains that true love could not be honored with stolen goods.

From this point on, life improves for Tau. Time passes quickly and the great Johnny Lingo, who believes everyone has value and potential, trains Tau to become a sea trader. Johnny and Tau develop a father and son relationship. At one point in the movie, an event occurs causing Johnny to willingly sacrifice his own security in exchange for Tau's safety. I'm reminded of how Jesus sacrificed his Heavenly throne and endured a tortuous death for our eternal security—salvation.

Still, despite his radically changed life, Tau misses Mahana and longs to return to her. He had made a promise and wants to keep it. The rest of the movie is predictable, but wonderfully so.

The negatives are minimal and almost not worth mentioning, nevertheless: There is some minor violence; Tau is attacked by some boys. Mahana is made fun of by the other girls and ridiculed by her father as being ugly and worthless. With the exception of Mahana, women are portrayed as gossipy and cattish.

The acting was OK, but then I don't believe the producers intended to focus on externals. The film's message is clear: Good character bears witness to true beauty.

After the movie, my family discussed the importance of honoring our parents, receiving forgiveness (but accepting consequences that follow), developing inner beauty, and keeping our word, both to the Lord and others. So, if you decide to view The Legend of Johnny Lingo, lean back to enjoy a virtual vacation to the South Pacific, but don't neglect the many opportunities to further ground your children in the concrete spiritual truths and lessons it offers.

Year of Release—2003

Greasespot Cafe is many things to many people. They get what they want and leave for the most part. Some people give and give.

I came to Greasespot just to find old friends. I have found some and rejoice in the renewed friendship.

Some people came to release the hurt they recieved while in. I never was really hurt while in. I left because of doctrine and being told what to do. My personality is not such that I take being told. I can move a mountain when ask.

I am not a great writer as some of you are. I just try and get some thoughts out.

Johny L, May God bless the road ahead for you.

For those of you who are hurt and bitter and need to release. Go for it but in small amounts so the rest of us can handle it.

Hey-

if he found benefits in being here, and is ready to move on

(I believe he has said so, and is correct in saying so),

then his arrival and his departure are another "success story"

for the GSC, and one for Jonny as well.

We don't all take away the same things from here.

I wish him well.

God help us all that take ourselves or others to heart on this glorious world wide web. It ain't heart to heart, bubba Lingo. It ain't face to face, person to person. It does not equate to realtionship, the prefix being real.

For serious real, you are gonna get the wind knocked out of your drawers because of something that is only related to a keyboard? Can I have an A.

I very seriously know what you mean about not having a bad time in twi. As I have said in many other posts I had the best time in twi. I made friendships over 30 years ago that I still have to this day. Just because others had bad times does not negate mine. And I do not negate theirs. I never would. I was a sexually abused child. I know. God Almighty, how I know.

I don't care on this site if people like my sentiments concerning the twi. It was not twi but the folks that I shared life with. Gosh, how we loved each other. That is what I take away with me from twi. Yip, skip, dip there was haughty, egotistical abuse from "leadership."

People may say, "Oh, but that commaraderie, that love, is fake because it was built upon VPW and/or PFAL. Can't be, I love all, with a passion to this day. Maybe, the Love of our Father supercedes all. Maybe, He placed us in The Body where it pleased Him.

So, what are you looking for Mr. Lingo? Validation on this site? Sorry, you ain't gonna get it. Neither would Jesus Christ if He was ever associated with twi.

There now.....get it?.............

God help us all that take ourselves or others to heart on this glorious world wide web. It ain't heart to heart, bubba Lingo. It ain't face to face, person to person. It does not equate to realtionship, the prefix being real.

For serious real, you are gonna get the wind knocked out of your drawers because of something that is only related to a keyboard? Can I have an A.

I very seriously know what you mean about not having a bad time in twi. As I have said in many other posts I had the best time in twi. I made friendships over 30 years ago that I still have to this day. Just because others had bad times does not negate mine. And I do not negate theirs. I never would. I was a sexually abused child. I know. God Almighty, how I know.

I don't care on this site if people like my sentiments concerning the twi. It was not twi but the folks that I shared life with. Gosh, how we loved each other. That is what I take away with me from twi. Yip, skip, dip there was haughty, egotistical abuse from "leadership."

People may say, "Oh, but that camaraderie, that love, is fake because it was built upon VPW and/or PFAL. Can't be, I love all, with a passion to this day. Maybe, the Love of our Father supersedes all. Maybe, He placed us in The Body where it pleased Him.

So, what are you looking for Mr. Lingo? Validation on this site? Sorry, you ain't gonna get it. Neither would Jesus Christ if He was ever associated with twi.

There now.....get it?.............

This a very hard medium to truly shine in; for it's much Harder to express all you want to say and the fullness of your heart and intents of your soul, than it is, one face studying another face. Perhaps, we might see more if it were eye to eye, heart to heart and voice to voice!

((((Kimberly)))),

Jonny did not say this, I RainbowsGirl did as my parting comments to Jonny and I stand behind them. and I don't agree with your comments about The World Wide Web. I take to thought and heart what people here say it is a real medium with real people sharing their hearts, emotions, ideas and opinions. Getting to know one another. Just as You and I are now having our say and being heard. I am showing You what I actually wrote and hoping that You see it in it's written context!

On the WWW we all have a voice, a style, and an opinion. The character backing it could be ingenuous or deceitfully sly, but eventually even that does not go undetected.

Everyone has a multitude of reasons for using this medium. Some are simple and some are complex. We all take the chance of being tricked, deceived and hurt; whether we are here, or whether we are face to face, or voice to voice. The medium we use is incidental. We all process the information we receive to the degree of our choice; whether emotionally, intellectually, or what ever way; we make the decisions on how we filter it, whether it is credible or not and how we will allow it to impact us! Heart to heart does not have to imply risk unless You no longer have or use your brain, wisdom, knowledge or judgment faculties.

Kimberly, I am very glad that you had great and loving experiences in TWI, many of us have to varying degrees. I don't believe the Love and the Camaraderie was fake anymore than even the most injured member of all TWI's wounded does.

This is an ex way site to tell the other sides of the story; but part of it's draw is that these people are like family in so many explainable and unexplainable ways. I also think that we do validate each other here, through our now Loves, Friendships, support and camaraderie. By listening to each other and showing all sides to the story. We learn from each other and help each other grow because this interaction is really real!!!

I am hoping that we can be friends Kimberly!!!

Edited by RainbowsGirl

((((Cool chef))))), and (((((Anyone))))) else,

J0nny's e-mail addy is with His Good Bye letter. Drop him a note if you like. I don't know whether he will ever read this thread or not??? I hope that he does sign in as a guest and read it but who knows. I don't think he is coming back, but He will always be remembered by us and remember us back, in loving ways.

I had never known about this movie on "The Legend of Johnny Lingo" or the songs until His Goodbye letter. I didn't know the basis of His avatar. I put it in as a tribute to him and to show his heart as I see it. The Movie fragments are similarly done, as to the way he tells stow w wries and posted.

Take a little time to watch it....it is so romantic that he the Movie Johnny Lingo bought His wife Mahana for 8 cows. The movie does really reminds me of what our J0nny Ling0's heart seems like..how he writes and thinks... and acts!!!

I only know that he wanted you all to know how very much his time with you all Here meant to Him. He Loves and respects you all and I am very sure misses us all greatly.

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Okey dokey, my point is further proven. You can't know the tone of someone if not looking at them face to face and conversing with them in person. Obviously, I, also, am guilty of that.

I am going to splain (not a typo) myself because I do not want anyone, Johnny Lingo in this case, to think I am disrespecting them and/or unloving towards them. I would never do that. My take on Johnny Lingo's letter (I think Rainbows Girl you did say he wrote it and you were posting it for him) was that his feelings were hurt by something someone posted and that was why he was leaving.

Okey dokey, my point is further proven. You can't know the tone of someone if not looking at them face to face and conversing with them in person. Obviously, I, also, am guilty of that.

I am going to splain (not a typo) myself because I do not want anyone, Johnny Lingo in this case, to think I am disrespecting them and/or unloving towards them. I would never do that. My take on Johnny Lingo's letter (I think Rainbows Girl you did say he wrote it and you were posting it for him) was that his feelings were hurt by something someone posted and that was why he was leaving.

Kimberly,

I didn't get that impression; I guess it is because I know him better than You do. His good bye was all on good terms. He just needs to move on as he did say in HIS letter, as GRSC has served it's purpose in His life.

RainbowsGirl

oh for pete's sake won't you guys let him go? I was hoping this thread would finally go away, but it seems persistant.

Lingo asked to have his account removed. It was done per his request. Whatever reason he made up to others, THIS is what he posted regarding it:

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=434162

But I want to tell you that I am very "short" for this forum. I have asked the moderators to delete the account of one "Jonny Lingo", for, the moderation here has been too much.

Bottom line, he didn't like being asked to behave. The rest (and what he sent to RG) is just drama. He has used this place for these scenes EVERYtime he gets a hair up his ars.

The ONLY item in this thread that came from J0nny Ling0 was His Goodbye letter...located in in post #1.

The Rest was contributed by me RainbowsGirl; except of course for the various comments or accusations of

other posters, identifiable next to there posts in this thread.

Which is not that difficult to figure out if one reads what is written and to whom it is addressed!!!