GreaseSpot Cafe

Hope For The Human Race

TheSongRemainsTheSame

This is truly a heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little girl and some construction workers. This makes you want to believe in the goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot.

One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the

empty lot.

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers.

She hung around and eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project

mascot.

They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

At the end of the first week they even

presented her with a pay envelope containing a dollar.

The little girl took this home to her mother who said the appropriate words of admiration & suggested that they take the dollar pay she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank the teller was equally impressed with the story and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age.

The little girl proudly replied, "I worked all last week with a crew building a house."

"My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied,

"I will if those useless sons-a-bitches at Lowe's ever bring us any drywall that's worth a sh!t!"

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Oh Stevo - you got me! And are you ever gonna get it! You know what they say about payback, right?

I fell for the title of this thread in a big way. I've had a tough day and I thought I was gonna read something light and nice.

As the mommy of a 6-year-old, when I realized it was about a 5-year-old hanging out with construction workers, I read like a crazy man racing through it.

I guess it IS pretty funny, now that my heart has settled down!!!

I'll be watching for my chance to get you back!!! icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

• 4 years later...

A guy walks into a Glasgow library and says to the prim librarian,

"Excuse me Miss, de yee hiv any books on suicide?"

To which she stops doing her tasks, looks at him over the top of

her glasses, and says,

"Fouk off, ye'll no bring it back!"

-----------------------------

There was a minister with a hidden deep dark secret of a sin he committed years ago in Bible school.

He carried remorse but never talked about his sin, and he never felt a sense of God's forgiveness although he confessed his sin to God.

Once he had a lady in his church who claimed to have a prophetic ministry, but he did not believe her.

He asked her to ask the Holy Spirit what his sin was that he committed so many years ago.

A few days later the lady came back to church, and the minister asked her if she had spoken to the Holy Spirit.

Yes, she said.

What did He say, the minister asked.

He said He forgot. :)

This is truly a heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little girl and some construction workers. This makes you want to believe in the goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race. <BR><BR>A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot. <BR><BR>One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the <BR>empty lot. <BR><BR>The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers. <BR><BR>She hung around and eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project <BR>mascot. <BR><BR>They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important. <BR><BR>At the end of the first week they even<BR>presented her with a pay envelope containing a dollar. <BR><BR>The little girl took this home to her mother who said the appropriate words of admiration & suggested that they take the dollar pay she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account. <BR><BR>When they got to the bank the teller was equally impressed with the story and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age. <BR><BR>The little girl proudly replied, "I worked all last week with a crew building a house." <BR><BR>"My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?" <BR><BR>The little girl replied, <BR>"I will if those useless sons-a-bitches at Lowe's ever bring us any drywall that's worth a sh!t!" <BR><BR> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

((((((((Thank you TheSongRemainsTheSame))))))),This was and is a sweet and heartwarming story even if she repeated what she had heard from the Guys she emulated and admired. It seems so very typical of a sweet adoring child...Copying is a very high form of flattery.

A guy walks into a Glasgow library and says to the prim librarian,

"Excuse me Miss, de yee hiv any books on suicide?"

To which she stops doing her tasks, looks at him over the top of

her glasses, and says,

"Fouk off, ye'll no bring it back!"

-----------------------------

There was a minister with a hidden deep dark secret of a sin he committed years ago in Bible school.

He carried remorse but never talked about his sin, and he never felt a sense of God's forgiveness although he confessed his sin to God.

Once he had a lady in his church who claimed to have a prophetic ministry, but he did not believe her.

He asked her to ask the Holy Spirit what his sin was that he committed so many years ago.

A few days later the lady came back to church, and the minister asked her if she had spoken to the Holy Spirit. Yes, she said.

What did He say, the minister asked.

He said He forgot. :)

(((((((((Thank You Kit))))))))That is very funny :jump::jump:; and so true of GOD's forgiveness[/size]