GreaseSpot Cafe

President Barack Obama

Brushstroke

All things being equal, Limburg's radio broadcast could be on Auto repair, Home improvment or Investing - if the man's a bug he brings his buginess with him. Nothing political about it.

Plus as noted by Jeff Goldblum in "The Fly" remake - insects don't have politics. Which is weird, tics being insects. But they apparently don't. So even if I wanted to be, I can't be political with Limbug, or he might try to just eat me or sumpin'.

• 7 months later...

I like Rush Limbaugh. He truly is a political genius.

How many talk show hosts do you know that actually intimidate the President of the United States? This alone is testimony to his genius.

And you must admit he points out some glaring faults with Obamas policies.

Rush can't help it if he is kind of obnoxious, after all he is a golf, playing, cigar smoking, rich guy from Florida.

People like Rush simply CANT relate to the poor in America ( most of us who make 30k a year or less)

He could not in his wildest dreams imagine what its like to suffer in sickness with no health insurance. So likewaise all the right wing talkers who have disdain for any Universal health care plan.

But I do find it entertaining how he "picks apart" Obamas foreign policy, economic overspending, damage to Americas economy through catering to Unions, etc...

His beginnings were as humble as most of ours. He didn`t start out as a golf playing cigar smoking rich guy from fla. That is the reward of many years of hard work and success :)

Edited by rascal

I like Rush Limbaugh. He truly is a political genius.

How many talk show hosts do you know that actually intimidate the President of the United States? This alone is testimony to his genius.

Wow, just like Osama Bin Laden, or Kim Jong Il?

And you must admit he points out some glaring faults with Obamas policies.

I've never seen any valid criticism be attributed to Rush Limbaugh. He's a blowhard hatemonger and if he says something honest and true, it's purely by accident.

His beginnings were as humble as most of ours. He didn`t start out as a golf playing cigar smoking rich guy from fla. That is the reward of many years of hard work and success :)

Funny, I don't consider growing up in a family of lawyers and politicians as being "humble". He was born with money, he has worked in radio his whole life, and has never had a day of anything close to poverty. He fits the mold for rich privileged guy pretty firmly.

A radio guy intimidates the President of The United States?

:blink:

Really? since when?

did I miss something?

Please do tell

I listened to Limbaugh for about 4 or 5 months in the early 90's. It took me about that long to realize that his schtick was basically the exact same thing day after day after day. There was a predictable pattern that he found that worked that he repeated and repeated.

It was similar to Howard Stern,who also uses the same patterns over and over just throws different mumbo jumbo in to fill in the gaps. Limbaugh like Stern wasnt making any viable points just hitting various emotional chords with his listeners to get them to listen to garner ratings. When I took a step back it wasnt sensible stuff just mostly rantings

After awhile it got old to me when i realized I was listening to an "entertainer" and not and actual journalist....I hear him every once in awhile and its still the same old song and dance as 15 years ago so I turn it off...To a certain extent they all do it..Lou Dobbs, Glenn Beck, Keith Olbermann..they all have a patterned "schtick" that either lures you in or it doesnt.

Limbaugh is intensely grating to me, To me it would be like listening to Emimen all the time. Some people do but its definitely not for me. I've got the pattern down and it does nothing for me. After awhile it all sounds exactly the same. No matter how loud any of them roar it all sounds the same, Ive heard it 100,000 times before ...I dont want to hear it again--figure out something new, or actually say something worth listening to and maybe I'll listen--but robably not I already have enough to do....

Good luck to him I hope that he conquers his drug addiction -but all he really does with his time is make more noise-its not like he is actually doing anything....and there is already more than enough noise around as it is. i really dont need anymore

P-Mosh,

I think that Rascal was referring to Obama when she said "His beginnings were as humble as most of ours." And then she contrasted him with Lush when she said "He didn`t start out as a golf playing cigar smoking rich guy from fla."

Just for your info. :)

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the record, this thread was started when we still had a politics forum. And it was mostly intended (it appears) as a "wish him well" thread.

A similar thread started today would be really difficult to moderate.

I wish our new president well. That's all I will say.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Raf said:

For the record, this thread was started when we still had a politics forum. And it was mostly intended (it appears) as a "wish him well" thread.

A similar thread started today would be really difficult to moderate.

I wish our new president well. That's all I will say.

For a number of reasons! ;)

• Upvote 2