GreaseSpot Cafe

North Dakota

pkpeanutz

• 2 weeks later...

Uh oh. Rascal, I lived in Fargo in 80/81. But now I am not sure I want you to know who I am because you got mad at me. But if you were there and involved in TWI at that time, then, no doubt we know eachother.

And Rascal, I really like your handle name. It is the name of one of my favorite childhood books! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Hi Mark,

No, I don't have a brother or cousin named Jim. My real name isn't Buck. I came up with that name as a joke kinda, because I really am not too redneckish. Are you thinking of Buck Doop? Brother or cousin of Rev. Jim Doop-way way long time ago way rev? Have a great day Mark...

Hi Buck:

Yes, Buck Doop is who I was thinking of. The last time I talked to him he was a Way leader in one of the Dakota's as I recall. He is a good guy. A real people person. I was hoping to say howdy. Maybe I will run into Jim here in California some day soon. When I do I need to remember to ask him about Buck.

Thanks!

(((Buck))), I am not mad at you, I am sorry that I come across that way....just get a little prickly when I am defending posters or this web sight...sorry.

What can I say, it is the *mom* in me that causes me to feel so protective at times...lol...I really am mellow!

Did we live together in a way home? Please NOW you REALLY have me going....Do you know me? I lived with phoebe n jerry n then lived with the thompsons for a bit the next year.

I loved the believers there, however,

ND gave me nightmares for years afterwards....lol Cathy

[This message was edited by rascal on January 17, 2003 at 7:40.]

Ok, now I know the year we are talking about. Phoebe Gray took my job after I left. It must have been 81/82 because that was when Phoebe went there, and I think she was on an interim year in the corps which would only last one year. I was the guy in the Tenth Corps that was there before Phoebe. When you mentioned Jerry, do you mean Jerry with the curly hair? Jerry Doyle? He had a very pretty girl friend with whom he was madly in love. She was a tennis player at NDSU. Now I can't believe her name has slipped my mind. Karen maybe? I wonder if they ever got married...

So, I hope I didn't make too big of a mess of things in good old Fargo, but really, we all had a great time that year. That was my first year ever doing anything besides a "twig". I was given lots of "free rein" by the l.c. David Schmidt, and so we were not bound by any micro managing whatsoever. I got to make the rules, and I was really liberal about not having too many rules. In fact, that's the way it almost always was with me in The Way. I have almost always lived in areas where I was way away from the "big leadership" it seems, or I picked to be around leaders whom I trusted to be kind, and was therefore allowed to do things with out a lot of close oversight. For instance, all of my years up in Alaska, where I am now...

Hey Rascal, I left you a note over at the that other thread where we got into it. I'm really pretty mellow too..

Love you,

Buck

p.s.

Did you ever go dancing at The Old Broadway?

The old broadway...sounds familiar...but it is so fuzzy.

You did a great job...fellowship was sweet believers were so kind..the things that truly made our ministry years so special....

I was speaking of Jerry, phoebes son.

As for Jerry D seems to me he dumped Karen, she dropped outta school shortly after, bought a motor cycle (which she had to learn to ride lol) and hit the road. I never saw her again.

She was a sweetheart.

Fargo was great when Phoebe was there, but when she left, and the new int family corps arrived, that the nightmare began...I left 4 months later.

What about those blizzards eh? The snow piled so high on the sides of the road that it reached the telephone wires...didn`t matter if you lost control of your car ...hee hee...ya just steered into the nearest snow bank...the red river was always nice.

I thought it was so funny when I moved there and saw that every car had plugs hangin out their grills, and every parking space had an outlet...hee hee it wasn`t long before I found out why...it was a rude awakening for this Alabama girl:-)

Wow, that's kinda funny about Karen. Got on a motorcylce and hit the road huh? Well, it seemed to me that that thing with she and Jerry wasn't going to last too long. He seemed to really be"whipped" if you know what I mean, (but I'll leave out the other part of that phrase) and she seemed to really be focused on her tennis and goals and stuff...

And so, things went bad after that family corps person/people got there huh? What were they, really legalistic or something? What a bummer. I had heard that Phoebe was great fun and that people loved her, so, oh well....

Ya know, funny thing. When I was in Fargo, it hardly snowed at all, and the farmers were really uptight because that meant that there would be no springtime snow melt to water the earth. Also, when there is snow cover, it keeps that Nodak wind from blowing the topsoil away. That happened to some extent the winter I was there. When the wind blew, what little snow that was there blew, all mixed in with the snow, and this stuff was called "snirt". Nasty stuff. So nasty that it made me say "Uffdah!"

Well have a nice day or evening Rascal, and I am glad to know that you have read Rascal...

Buck

Phoebe was FANTASIC...taught me life lessons that I will always be thankfull to her for....really took a young scared kid, and helped instill confidence, and trust in God.

It was the family corps that replaced her, that were horrible. The man was ok...I don`t think he ever knew what his wife was doing.

Suffice it to say that after a great couple of years in twi...of growing and loving God, of being considered a *model believer* to in 3 short months...when that woman was finished with me...I seriously contemplated driving off the red river bridge to rid this world and the body of christ of my noxious, evil presense.......

It really crushed me, I never could figure out how I could be considered on fire for God, a committed believer to totally possessed and evil, and noteven realise howit had happened.....ah well, it just opened the door for God to reveal himself miraculously, the

following year to get my attention, and help me realise that he really DID love me, and that her opinion had never REALLY been his...lol

I found out later she was so mean because she had told God that she wanted to be sent to a particular area for her interim year...and it

would appear that Fargo was not it....so I guess she took it out on us:-(

I wrote the story in long form a long time ago.. in a thread called false accusations...dunno if it is still around or not.