GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

In the vein of "Songs remembered from just one line" I thought I'd add one for films. The idea here is that a line from a film is so memorable that it immediately identifies the film. (In lieu of a single line, a short exchange between characters is acceptable.) The movie itself, of course,should be fairly well-known. For example, if I give the line: "Be good, be gone, or be dead." anyone who has seen "Traxx" would immediately recognize it. Unfortunately, very few people have seen "Traxx," so it wouldn't be a fair clue for this game. The burden here is on the clue-giver. You are not trying to be tricky, but to be as obvious as possible. Note that some movies may have a LOT of usable one-liners. As usual, first to name the flick gets to post the next line. Let's begin:

"You've got me? Who's got YOU?"

George

In the vein of "Songs remembered from just one line" I thought I'd add one for films. The idea here is that a line from a film is so memorable that it immediately identifies the film. (In lieu of a single line, a short exchange between characters is acceptable.) The movie itself, of course,should be fairly well-known. For example, if I give the line: "Be good, be gone, or be dead." anyone who has seen "Traxx" would immediately recognize it. Unfortunately, very few people have seen "Traxx," so it wouldn't be a fair clue for this game. The burden here is on the clue-giver. You are not trying to be tricky, but to be as obvious as possible. Note that some movies may have a LOT of usable one-liners. As usual, first to name the flick gets to post the next line. Let's begin:

"You've got me? Who's got YOU?"

George

"Superman:the Movie."

"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

(snip)

"Badges? We don' need no stinkin' BADGES!"

"Blazing Saddles."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges

This is fresh in my memory, since "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" was on TV a few days ago,

and I looked up the quote from that movie then, which was

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

I thought that that would be fairly easy, but here's another line from the same film:

"Joel, sometimes you just have to say, 'What the f---.'"

George

Ok, that's got to be "Risky Business."

I've never actually seen it start to finish, but I recognize the line anyway-

which is pretty much the benchmark for this thread.

(Recognize it even without the movie.)

========================

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?"

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes