GreaseSpot Cafe

How bout them Cardinals

tagalong

It's now the top of the 8th and the Cardinals are leading the Brewers in Milwaukee 5 runs to 0. I'm enjoying following them this year. Pujols, Molina and Franklin are going to the All Star Game in beautiful Saint Louis where dreams come true (I know that the real words are beautiful Ohio where dreams come true, I know , I know but hey, they can come true in St. Louis too!) As long as they win this games (and they better!) then they will continue to be in first place. Go Cardinals!

• 1 year later...

I've been a Reds fan for 40 years. So forgive me if I don't get too excited about the Cardinals. Sure they swept the Reds in Cincinnati a while back, supposedly showing that the Reds just didn't have what it takes. But the Reds have won all of their last five, while the Cardinals lost four of theirs, dropping once again to three games back. There's a lot left to the season (unless you're an Astro, Cub, Brewer, or (God help them) Pirate); but I think the Reds will win the division this year.

George