GreaseSpot Cafe

It Was Not His Fault...

Tzaia

Well, I can't speak for him but I am willing to put an excuse down for him just for the fun of it Mark.

LCM's EXCUSE,

He was a stupid college kid that already had a huge ego, abundant potential in his life to be an abuser worthy of anyone who was willing to crush all opposition while becoming a key member in an abusive religious organization, and a foolishness in his heart that would allow him to delude himself into thinking he was the MOG's successor even though he would use his "alpha dog" status to nail chicks in the parking lot if it was dark out, and he would have the kind of foolishness in his heart to teach some of the most Gawdawefully stupid doctrines that I can recall at this moment.

HHHMMM, Well I guess looking back at this last paragraph it may not be much of an excuse.

It's interesting that they can acknowledge the metaphysical aspects of Christianity in certain areas ("Gawd knew it in his fore------knowledge") but at the same time deny it when it comes to something else ("He didn't die for my sins...they hadn't been committed yet"). Sure, why not.

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. - 1 Cor 1:18

It's interesting that they can acknowledge the metaphysical aspects of Christianity in certain areas ("Gawd knew it in his fore------knowledge") but at the same time deny it when it comes to something else ("He didn't die for my sins...they hadn't been committed yet"). Sure, why not.

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. - 1 Cor 1:18

Why Mark,

Do you even think such people that will not be held accountable are the same people who build a Christianity in the image of their own vices? (slight sarcastic tone plus smirk)

You quoted me as I was editing, no biggy!

i was also once blamed for not knowing where a plant was supposed to go.

You might have distinguished yourself as a person who notices and remembers details. I am that kind of person. It seems like a great quality, but as you've found out, it has its dark side. This ability was a double-edged sword in TWI. If you noticed and remembered details that you shouldn't have, it wasn't a good thing. If you were in a situation where it would have been convenient to have your skill, yet you weren't in a position to know, then that wasn't good (as you discovered). If your memory was different than the leader, that too was a problem. It was rarely a win situation in TWI.

Why Mark,

Do you even think such people that will not be held accountable are the same people who build a Christianity in the image of their own vices? (slight sarcastic tone plus smirk)

You quoted me as I was editing, no biggy!

I hope they won't be. I hope that they take advantage (or took advantage) of the ability to repent of their errors before they died, allowing God to shed His mercy upon them. (Luke 15:11-32)

But I'm not holding my breath. Self-righteous types are not generally capable of the humility necessary to do so.

• Upvote 1

I hope they won't be. I hope that they take advantage (or took advantage) of the ability to repent of their errors before they died, allowing God to shed His mercy upon them. (Luke 15:11-32)

But I'm not holding my breath. Self-righteous types are not generally capable of the humility necessary to do so.

I hope they will or did before they die too Mark.

Since I very briefly looked at your response earlier today I have been considering how great it was that King Mannassah(sp?) who history records as the one who sawed the prophet Isaiah in half and ruled wickedly for roughly sixty years had a change of heart before he died. And as much misery as TWI doctrines and practices have caused I know they did not do that. but still, I believe it is accurate to say that they have blood on their hands so maybe my distinction between TWI leadership and Mannassah is a moot point.

And I would hope that even those among us who are unlikely right now to desire mercy from the LORD for anybody would at least rather see TWI leadership openly and honestly take some responsibility for their actions.

You might have distinguished yourself as a person who notices and remembers details. I am that kind of person. It seems like a great quality, but as you've found out, it has its dark side. This ability was a double-edged sword in TWI. If you noticed and remembered details that you shouldn't have, it wasn't a good thing. If you were in a situation where it would have been convenient to have your skill, yet you weren't in a position to know, then that wasn't good (as you discovered). If your memory was different than the leader, that too was a problem. It was rarely a win situation in TWI.

ain't that the truth. I got to the point after a while that I didn't trust my own memory because so many people always contradicted it. since I got out, I realized my memory is actually excellent, and those people were really abusive, manipulative liars.

history can't be rewritten just so people feel good about themselves, yet they do it all the time.

• Upvote 1

• 13 years later...
On 9/9/2009 at 4:47 PM, skyrider said:

newlife.....I think that your recollection of geer's statements are correct.

HOWEVER.....I for one, did not believe his spin for one new york minute. All the pompous substance of pop led back to geer.....all he did, how much he tried, the unending labor he gave, etc. etc. And, time after time, he was so vague in "how to get back to 'the word'".......what a sleight of hand powergrab!!!

Everything benefited Cgeer. Soon region guys were flying over to see him and get the "secret keys" to stay in fellowship to God, etc. Sheeeeesh......people are SO GULLIBLE.

In terms of the infamous church lady........."HOW CONVENIENT."

:blink:

Agree...

• Upvote 1