GreaseSpot Cafe

John Lynn and STFI

John Lynn on Facebook has reported he is dying of cancer and has said he regretted having been involved with TWI and it's splinter groups. Seems he has too late realised the real truth.

1 hour ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

John Lynn on Facebook has reported he is dying of cancer and has said he regretted having been involved with TWI and it's splinter groups. Seems he has too late realised the real truth.

I think you've made some inferences that go beyond what JALvis has stated. Yes, he has said he has cancer. He has not indicated how long any physician has given him to live.

Thomas......

Where on FB has lynn denounced his involvement in TWI and "splinter groups"? He still runs a splinter group and it's most recent newsletters do nothing but extol Wierwille, Bullinger, and whomever else tickles their moronic itching ears. I have seen no expressions from lynn, of any regret about being in TWI, or CES, or STFI, and now TLTF. Would you be so kind as to further document your most recent post above? TY.

• 2 months later...
On 10/8/2009 at 2:41 PM, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

As for their translation called English Revised Version based on 1901 American Standard Version but with corrections for doctrine based on koinne Greek, Figures of Speech, and "Orientalisms". Surely they are familar with New American Standard Bible Updated or English Standard Version, but no those pesky Trinitarians have polluted the original "God-breathed" Word. So here I am to save the day, John Schoenheit is on his way(apologies to Mighty Mouse :biglaugh: ).

Thomas, even your old posts make me laugh!  :wave:

On 10/8/2009 at 3:45 PM, TrustAndObey said:

I highly doubt it was doctTrinal also.. I heard JAL personally a year ago and know what STFI puts out, and I think they are both nuts! But I don't think those nuts are fit for a squirrel (Ham)!

They both believe and teach that God makes mistakes. (He's only 98% correct, doncha know! That's why he's not in control!)

They both believe Christ made mistakes and said/did incorrect things because He didn't know the everything.

They both still teach personal prophecy, only it's not at the forefront anymore.

And since God/Christ make mistakes, personal prophecy could be wrong, it's all about practice! (Order our DVD for only $$$$)

They still promote the "We are better and have better doctrine than anyone else" philosophy..

There are "nuttier" things that JAL does say at times, but what else do you expect! He's human! lol..

Trust, I think they are nuts, and full of S--t!!  JL, and others are free to believe, whatever they want.  In my book, God knows what He is doing, and why He is doing it.  I believe God is perfect, and his son, JC, is also perfect.  I make a lot of mistakes, because I am human, but in my IMHO, God is perfect.  

On 10/13/2009 at 2:11 PM, Tzaia said:

Marriage involves compromise - and lots of it. TWI and STF try to get around that issue by instilling the need for like-mindedness within a marriage. I don't care how much two people think alike, compromise is still a necessary element in a marriage. Compromise is not seen as a good thing in TWI and STF. The overlying goal is to get the women to be in subjection to the husband. When that isn't the way it is, things get very ugly.

Tzaia, great post!  I don't think I could ever subject myself to any man; I think women subjecting to men is Horse S--t!  I think both members in the marriage, should be equal partners.