GreaseSpot Cafe

Who remembers Waydale?

GrouchoMarxJr

Were you a part of Waydale?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering...

• I was a poster at Waydale and Greasespot
    • I was never a poster at Waydale, I joined Greasespot after Waydale shut down

FWIW, I never heard of Waydale.

I'm glad this place is called "Grease Spot Cafe". Had it been called Waydale, I probably wouldn't have paid any attention. As it was, I found Grease Spot Cafe as I was looking for the zip code, preparing to crawl back to TWI over broken glass because my life was so miserable on the outside. The intriguing diversion to the Cafe...has distracted me ever since. Never made it back to TWI. Phew!!!:evilshades:

• Upvote 1

I'm glad this place is called "Grease Spot Cafe". Had it been called Waydale, I probably wouldn't have paid any attention. As it was, I found Grease Spot Cafe as I was looking for the zip code, preparing to crawl back to TWI over broken glass because my life was so miserable on the outside. The intriguing diversion to the Cafe...has distracted me ever since. Never made it back to TWI. Phew!!!:evilshades:

Jeezus Twinky - never crawl back to that space. I'd rather be in a good old fashioned barroom brawl than go back there. Chin up lass

• Upvote 1

Twinky... just curious how being ready to crawl back to twi led you to greasespot? Did you google "The Way International" or "greasespot by midnight"?

I found WayDale while specifically looking for any shred of info I could find on the Allen lawsuit right after the first announcement meeting, since our leadership wouldn't even tell us what Martindale and twi were being charged with...

The HighWay: I googled "The Way International" - first thing up is this website.

And I'd been searching for The Way International because I needed the zip code for any letter I might steel myself to writing. ...no such letter was ever written. :P

Had been living down the bottom of a deep dark well since being M&A'd mid-90s so no knowledge of lawsuits or anything going on. Was totally shocked.

At the time, there were big debates going on within other denominations about how to handle matters like whether homosexuals could be ordained; whether civil partnerships/same sex relationships should be blessed in churches; second marriages where there has been adultery in the first marriage; and paedophilia by RC ministers. I knew TWI would have very strong views and certainly would not condone any such wrongdoing. They stood on what the Bible said and just simply would not allow such conduct.

My view of this pristine organization (LOL) was (hmm) somewhat disturbed (!) when I read the documents on the front page at the Cafe.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well you all know my story... I googled grease spot for some removal tips.. and there right up at the top was the grease spot Cafe...(a meeting place for anyone who was impacted by The Way International)

Imagine my surprise to find out the cherished ministry I loved but had left in 83 was not at all what I thought it was. I came on here with trepidation... not sure if I would be welcomed or shunned as we were persona non Grata at TWI for leaving the Corps... at one time I had run into a twig when my girls were little and was invited to come to twig ( they didn't know who I was, didn't have my name).. This was in 87 and I had that gut turning feeling you get when something is dangerous(okay maybe only I get that) .. and so I did not go.. even though Hubby said I should if I wanted to. I could not do it.

Thank God I did not start up again with TWI. IT would have been a huge mistake.

And so it has been a year now that I have been on here and all my illusions about the ministry are gone.. and all of the questions I had about doubtful practices are answered and I am still learning stuff..

I am up to working in doctrinal beliefs.. sorting that part of it out.

I realize you all are on about a different time in the time line but for me, my world could not have been more shattered than it has been by Grease Spot Cafe.

I can not even begin to tell you all, how thankful I am that you are here and have made the information you know available on here.

IT seems silly.. since my life was not impacted nearly as much as others on here, but the ministry teachings were insidious and even after all those years away I am still finding my self having to work it out of my belief patterns and speech patterns . and thoughts.

Some people on here call it finding their voice... LOL I call it release from my prisons (Bwahahaahaha) the TWI ones that I didn't know I was enslaved in.

• Upvote 1

Jim and Groucho,

Yeah, I was on WayDale just as Trancenet was ending. I'd like to know just how much damage WayDale and Greasespot have done to that dangerous cult of which we dare not speak its name. First off, wild and crazy LCM would still be in charge. Secondly, membership would be what? Triple what it is today with no internet to warn both the innies and the recruits?

sudo

Jim and Groucho,

Yeah, I was on WayDale just as Trancenet was ending. I'd like to know just how much damage WayDale and Greasespot have done to that dangerous cult of which we dare not speak its name. First off, wild and crazy LCM would still be in charge. Secondly, membership would be what? Triple what it is today with no internet to warn both the innies and the recruits?

sudo

No doubt, Waydale was incredible...twi never counted on the internet to rally their distractors against them...between Waydale and the A**en lawsuit, Martindale hit the wall harder than Mr MaGoo playing Jai alai...it was only a matter of time before lcm fu**ed with the wrong guy...and P**l A**en was that guy...good for him!

I believe that Trancechat, Waydale and the GreaseSpot Cafe (collectively) has crippled the scum sucking cult known as twi...may they all suck sewage water and enter their necro destiny before they hurt another person.

• Upvote 1

No doubt, Waydale was incredible...twi never counted on the internet to rally their distractors against them...between Waydale and the A**en lawsuit, Martindale hit the wall harder than Mr MaGoo playing Jai alai...it was only a matter of time before lcm fu**ed with the wrong guy...and P**l A**en was that guy...good for him!

I believe that Trancechat, Waydale and the GreaseSpot Cafe (collectively) has crippled the scum sucking cult known as twi...may they all suck sewage water and enter their necro destiny before they hurt another person.

The thing is, Waydale was fun. Remember the poptart thread? And of course, the infamous THE. There were so many witty, fun threads, that just let us excultists have fun.

:wave:

Edited by ex10
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well you all know my story... I googled grease spot for some removal tips.. and there right up at the top was the grease spot Cafe...(a meeting place for anyone who was impacted by The Way International)

Imagine my surprise to find out the cherished ministry I loved but had left in 83 was not at all what I thought it was. I came on here with trepidation... not sure if I would be welcomed or shunned as we were persona non Grata at TWI for leaving the Corps... at one time I had run into a twig when my girls were little and was invited to come to twig ( they didn't know who I was, didn't have my name).. This was in 87 and I had that gut turning feeling you get when something is dangerous(okay maybe only I get that) .. and so I did not go.. even though Hubby said I should if I wanted to. I could not do it.

Thank God I did not start up again with TWI. IT would have been a huge mistake.

And so it has been a year now that I have been on here and all my illusions about the ministry are gone.. and all of the questions I had about doubtful practices are answered and I am still learning stuff..

I am up to working in doctrinal beliefs.. sorting that part of it out.

I realize you all are on about a different time in the time line but for me, my world could not have been more shattered than it has been by Grease Spot Cafe.

I can not even begin to tell you all, how thankful I am that you are here and have made the information you know available on here.

IT seems silly.. since my life was not impacted nearly as much as others on here, but the ministry teachings were insidious and even after all those years away I am still finding my self having to work it out of my belief patterns and speech patterns . and thoughts.

Some people on here call it finding their voice... LOL I call it release from my prisons (Bwahahaahaha) the TWI ones that I didn't know I was enslaved in.

That's one of the funniest things I've heard on how someone found Grease Spot - by Googling for a grease spot remover. I love it!!!!

I'm sure glad you're here - I always like reading your posts - look forward to any input you have on doctrinal stuff.

Amen to that Brother!

The thing is, Waydale was fun. Remember the poptart thread? And of course, the infamous THE. There were so many witty, fun threads, that just let us excultists have fun.

Ex10, good to see ya!

forgot to add this one in with the other posts I quoted - this has got to be one of the most ironic ways of folks finding reason to leave TWI ! :eusa_clap:

Just wondering...

oh and to answer your question - I never checked out Waydale - but Tonto "witnessed" to me about here. Yes, it's true - I'm her babe at Grease Spot. Yo, don't forget to bring your fruit to the New Members forum!

Edited by T-Bone

Love, Love, Loved WayDale and got so much help from the folks there. I miss so many of them, but understand that we sometimes move on to the point where we don't need or have time for sites like this anymore. :) I also have life long friends I've made there and here and, for that, I am eternally thankful to Paul and Paw.

We've had great times here, too! :spy:

WayDale was new, it was the first of it's kind - with apologies to trancechat which was more of a minefield from what I hear. It is also the first place many of us learned of the dark underbelly of TWI and the immense abuse, lies, corruption and pure evil that went beyond our wildest dreams. GSpot carries the torch rather nicely and I've enjoyed building my gum collection under the counter here. :wub:

I was lucky enough to discover Waydale while it was still on the web, but had stopped being updated. I found it right when TWI had turned into a bad experience for me, and I was looking for information. While I knew intellectually that what people in my Household were saying was wrong, when ten people are howling at you and accusing you of being wrong, it's hard not to start doubting yourself. Waydale was great, because I saw that others had the same experiences I was going through, almost like it was a script. While I was going to leave TWI anyway, reading Waydale made it easier. I realized that far from being so concerned with Love and Jesus, my Household leaders were little Tyrants who reveled in controlling others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Does anyone recall how many members WayDale served as posters OR including posters and lurkers?

Methinks we have many more than that number at the Spot.

I never was on Waydale, so I don't know how many members/ lurkers/ etc., were there.

Current membership of GSC is 2,824, and many here have multiple accounts (look at the birthday section).

I'm guessing one could deduct hundreds from the membership here to arrive at an accurate number.

The thing is, Waydale was fun. Remember the poptart thread? And of course, the infamous THE.

There were so many witty, fun threads, that just let us excultists have fun.

Ahhhhhhhhh Yes!!!! LONG LIVE THE!! < < < - - - (all 205 pages of it!) unhappy-089.gif

Edited by dmiller

• 5 weeks later...

I was doing a search for "CULTS" and TWI. Waydale came up and I was surprised that such a site existed. It was the first month it was on line. Through Waydale I found GSC. I donated money to Waydale for the law suite against TWI. The money was returned to me after they settled out of court.

Edited by OnionEater

...Wow! The money was returned to you?...That's really cool! Speaks highly of the Allens and those involved.

I see Waydale and GreaseSpot as two forces that ran back to back...with the same theme and the same message...and much was accomplished. Many people learned the truth about what really happened and were healed because of it...It's been a great catharsis to get things off of your mind and into the open...for others to read...it's been a process and an evolution of healing for hundreds, if not more...

...and yeah...I'm proud to have rubbed shoulders with y'all...shaking our collective fists at the bastards that screwed us over...Life is grand...it's not about money, it's about loving others...Thanks to everyone who contributed to both Waydale and The GreaseSpot Cafe...Job well done!

...it's not about money, it's about loving others...

To paraphrase your namesake, Groucho, if I agreed with you anymore I would be you.

However, one of the things I've observed time and again in religions here in the land of the free and the home of the depraved is that the religion is about the money.

SoCrates

Edited by So_crates