GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI's own dialect

OldSkool

This thread is to post up all the stupid things that TWI had renamed. It really diminishes their credibility that they tried to rename so much of our culture. Some of it was from VPW religious zeal and still more of it was from being a subculture. Ok - lemme start with my favorite.

Hoho relo. This is short for household holiday relocation. The logic was we didn't wanna say Christmas because it was a contraction of Christ Mass, which commemorates Jesus death. (never mind that TWI holds communion each year to do just that) Plus he was supposed to have been born in September. Now here's what I find funny as all hell. We really weren't supposed to hold any day as holy. Yet wee called it household HOLIDAY relocation. WTF - holiday means holy day. Brings up the question do these goof balls really know how to think? The relocation part is a kicker too. The IRWC were always in training. So hoho relo wasn't really a vacation. It was a relocation where they leave the prison camp...uhhh...I mean campus for a short period of time to get "refreshed".

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is to post up all the stupid things that TWI had renamed. It really diminishes their credibility that they tried to rename so much of our culture. Some of it was from VPW religious zeal and still more of it was from being a subculture. Ok - lemme start with my favorite.

Hoho relo. This is short for household holiday relocation. The logic was we didn't wanna say Christmas because it was a contraction of Christ Mass, which commemorates Jesus death. (never mind that TWI holds communion each year to do just that) Plus he was supposed to have been born in September. Now here's what I find funny as all hell. We really weren't supposed to hold any day as holy. Yet wee called it household HOLIDAY relocation. WTF - holiday means holy day. Brings up the question do these goof balls really know how to think? The relocation part is a kicker too. The IRWC were always in training. So hoho relo wasn't really a vacation. It was a relocation where they leave the prison camp...uhhh...I mean campus for a short period of time to get "refreshed".

Isn't Christmas an acceptable word in TWI now?

How about lucky, hope, wish? :evilshades:

Isn't Christmas an acceptable word in TWI now?

How about lucky, hope, wish? :evilshades:

No. Especially at HQ. I can't say it's rigidly enforced that you can/can't say certain things. It's part of the sub culture. And sure enough someone will teach why you shouldn't say certain words and what to replace them with, especially if you are new.

Advance (vs. Retreat)

Third Aid, now healing support (vs. First AID)

Rest and Readiness (vs. Rest and Relaxation)

OMG - I forgot about advance vs retreat. The logic there was we never retreat, we always ADVANCE!

Third aid, I think was when you are hurt/sick you goto God first, another believer second, and to medicine third - thus third aid. Here's the kicker on that one. It ....ed LCM off because he said you don't pray for/heal yourself.

Ya, readiness. We're always vigilant....ok....gonna vom....sick as a dog.... :anim-smile:

The "Ambassador" crapola always got to me... A real ambassador is a high-ranking official but yet people who were pretty new and very clueless to TWI were called "Ambassadors" (this is after the WOW program was dumped.) Call 'em what they are - "Recruiters".

And don't get me started about the "Athlete" crap....

The word "available" gives me the creeps...so entirely (over and) missused.

Poor "bless" and all its derivities...a greatly maligned word - in wayworld, it mutated and degenerated into a versatile catch-all word, not unlike f**k.

"Well, bless your little heart," read "you yutz, where's your brain?"

"Wanna get blessed? You got a cigarette?" - lololol...that's a blast from the past.

I wonder if achoo ever had any problems in the wacky world of semantics...perhaps I will share what's on my heart with the household remnant...

Well fathergod I jus wanna thank you fathergod for really blessing our food and taking all the poison out of it, fathergod bless us really for making it available, fg, for us to bless ourselves as our needs are parallel with our wants and we are, fg, in fellowship with the mogship...

Oh let's not forget the two most overused words to ever be spoken in TWI, mostly used by whatever mindless mouthpiece has the mic at the moment.

Tremendous and Wonderful.

I can remember certain fellowship coordinators would have to insert these words after and in-between manifestations. For example "word of prophecy happens". F-ship coord. pipes in afterwards in a pseudo-reverent, somewhat breathy voice..."that was tremendous"...then continues to call on the next person. Egads.

Ted Phillips must have one of the smallest vocabularies out there because he uses these two words multiple times every service.

It really is a commentary on how they think everything they do is of the utmost magnitude. It really is wonderful to recognize the tremendous egotistical self importance of a very small insignificant group that lives in a corn field. It's tremendous. :rolleyes:

Well, you kids just need to get your believing up!

:biglaugh:

ROFL! You think they could provide a gradated scale showing where one's believing was and where it needed to go. All I ever heard was up - is there no ceiling? :confused:

Chas,

Anytime you feel a head spinning coming on, just look at this so you can LYAO:

Go to the video called "Christians don't dance"

I have to add that I'm not making fun of the performers on the video. They are talented (and decent people from what I know from working with them at HQ). It's just damn funny what TWI (aka Rozilla) demands of the choir and Way Prod and calls it entertaining. They should change the outfits for these poor people.

Edited by Nottawayfer

"Electrifying."

A lot of former staffers probably were familiar with the letter opener, "Dear Ones."

Oh man, electrifying was used so so much by one of my branch coordinators anytime we talked way int. classes, current sts, way mag, whatever. The sentence would end with him running out of words, getting bugeyed and exclaiming "it's electrifying".

Oh man, electrifying was used so so much by one of my branch coordinators anytime we talked way int. classes, current sts, way mag, whatever. The sentence would end with him running out of words, getting bugeyed and exclaiming "it's electrifying".

Gee, let's talk about the manifestations (SIT w/INT and Prophecy). How many times did you hear the same things over and over and over? When we asked why we kept hearing the same thing over and over, we were told that God wanted us to hear it. That was a revelational answer....NOT! It wasn't until I left TWI that I heard people being honest about how they felt about them.

I always thought it was funny to see how many elaborative (and synonymic) descriptors could be placed into the standard Way greeting. . . example:

God mightily and abundantly bless your tremendously tender, loving, and wonderful heart in the healing, gracious, and saving name of our living lord and saviour Christ Jesus.