GreaseSpot Cafe

November 14-15

so is this the famed (infamous) *meeting* they've planned?

sounds to me.. they've shifted the focus from legitimate questions to the for lack of better words, John Lynn Circus of events..

tell me it isn't so..

Not true, though I'm sure the JAL situation will be a large topic of conversation. One of the main purposes of the meeting (as I understand from talking to folks involved and reading what has been published) is to publicly address some of the questions and issues that have been raised here and other places over the past 5 or so years.

And how do you define a "legitimate" question??

what kind of questions?

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/the-off-shoots/christian-educational-services/questions-for-the-board.html

but I can see how it really will go..

"now, let me anticipate your questions.. why was our actions in regards to jl correct and biblically justified.."

he'll probably launch into an hour "sharing" of scripture or something..

at the end, "now do you have any further questions?"

:biglaugh:

the poor drooling on their bibles from acute boredom group.. "nawww..... that's about it....."

Not true, though I'm sure the JAL situation will be a large topic of conversation. One of the main purposes of the meeting (as I understand from talking to folks involved and reading what has been published) is to publicly address some of the questions and issues that have been raised here and other places over the past 5 or so years.

And how do you define a "legitimate" question??

Honestly - - - I have another "legitimate" question to ask in response to this reply:

WHAT TOOK THEM SO LONG???????

Granted, I asked questions (and received) answers a coupla years ago from ALL those in "leadership" of CES/TWI[/ STFI.

They didn't volunteer any info to me (a partner of theirs from damn near the beginning) until I asked point blank, via email no less.

No mailing to the populace as to what was "going on', no "Here's What's Happening", none of that was sent to me or others.

As far as I am concerned ( and YES --- this is an imo), they are interested MORE in damage control, rather than anything else.

Info from CES/STF isn't volunteered. Shucks - - - I gave them a portion of my paycheck monthly,

and it took GSC to tell me what was going on there.

I'm guessing "transparency" isn't in their "Mission Statement", eh?

I wonder how it went so far this morning..

Did they have a 6 a.m. flag raising ceremony, along with fervent prayers for the president, and those in authority in this country..

prayers for gawd's protection on the household of stffi..

a big banner behind the podium "da word speaks (but we's not wistening..)"

Maybe what I'm asking is.. are they SERIOUSLY going over the real issues, or are they trying to perpetuate the same nonsense?

I heard from a friend that the STF leaders laid out all reasons and events that led to the firing. All of JAL's behaviors from his TWI days up to his current behavior was made plain. It was a shocking revelation to many. As I told her, the root of TWI still remains in all these offshoots; the rotten root and fruit still remains. A rotten tree root cannot be grafted and produce good fruit---period. Ask any farmer!

• Upvote 2

so it sounds like they shifted the focus to jl's odd, arrogant, obnoxious behavior. I wonder how much of their own was discussed..

these guys on the board and such are what.. in their late fifties, sixties? And they've been in the "business" since when? Yet people seem to hold out hope for some kind of change.. I really think they will exhibit the same nuttiness, as long as people are willing to pay them to do it..

I heard from a friend that the STF leaders laid out all reasons and events that led to the firing. All of JAL's behaviors from his TWI days up to his current behavior was made plain. It was a shocking revelation to many. As I told her, the root of TWI still remains in all these offshoots; the rotten root and fruit still remains. A rotten tree root cannot be grafted and produce good fruit---period. Ask any farmer!

Which part didn't people know about? He (out of the whole bunch) has been more honest about his "sins" than any of them.

Which part didn't people know about? He (out of the whole bunch) has been more honest about his "sins" than any of them.

Uummmmm, ..... you sure about that? ... Or just about the ones that he can manipulate to make him appear more 'honest' than others.

How honest is he when asked questions that challenges what he wants to hide, or about flawed doctrines that he doesn't want to scrutinize.

Like Momentus, for one.

Uummmmm, ..... you sure about that? ... Or just about the ones that he can manipulate to make him appear more 'honest' than others.

How honest is he when asked questions that challenges what he wants to hide, or about flawed doctrines that he doesn't want to scrutinize.

Like Momentus, for one.

I believe he was pretty upfront with me - and I know that people on the board and those from the beginning knew. It's kinda why I thought it was a bad idea for them to get all in each other's personal lives and serve as each other's counselors.

About the flawed doctrines - they're all in denial about that.

imo........these ces "servant-leaders" are all a bunch of interpersonally, dysfunctional "reprobates" who just can't seem to let go of twi and der vicster as a way of life...........jalvis is just the poster boy they've conveniently chosen to avoid yet another confrontation of their "hopelessly lost in wierwillism" delusions, and their hyperinflated self-importance in a theological fantasy they've generated that makes them feel superior to the rest of the world. poor jalvis has provided them with such an easy target, they just can't seem to help themselves live up to their own bulls-it creeds, formulas, and "codes of conduct'!.............why admit your faults when you can recreate the old "crucify him crucify him" mob scene that has served christianity so well for 2 millenia?

it's like watching the same "holiday" movie every year........even the characters are the same!..........occasionally the actors change, but the script never really changes, and the innocent repeatedly get used and/or hurt!..........disgusting............"christian" fundamentalism at its evolutionary pinnacle!..........peace.

and..

if jl was so "rotten".. i.e. displayed DEEP character flaws.. and you've traced and documented all this back to the SEVENTIES..

and you were perfectly aware of all this "shocking" display of ungodliness..

why did you wait until as little as a YEAR ago to cut ties?

Maybe as long as he could move a crowd and not appear too much as a buffoon.. he was "worth" something to you and the organization, in terms of dollars and cents?

Edited by Ham

I mean.. what's the deal here, fellas? Don't you see this not unlike the parent organizations little pat on the hand, and putting the loyster in charge of RESEARCH?

What does that say about YOUR character?

Either way, you've hung yourselves..

if j.l was so rotten all that time, you're complicit..

if he's innocent of your charges, you are despicable..

take your choice..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...

Did the really dismiss him (JL)? Do to that old revelation and about his second wife? :asdf:

He resigned in 2005 rather than be fired. He was brought back part-time and was then fired in December 2008. None of us were at the meeting to explain their actions, so we don't really know why he was fired. I would assume his getting back with E had something to do with it.

I honestly.. can't see why ANYBODY would spend one more measly, lousy cent on that organization..

does j.s. actually have people brainwashed to the extent they believe he REALLY has some kind of "ministry".. prophet, or apostle.. or some such?

compare the sower and the podcast..

"nobody else is teaching christians how to really live da word.."

"you're not giving enough.."

how much longer will people buy into this scam?

I'm with Oldskool on another thread.. let them get a day job, and publish their little letters and podcasts on the weekends..

Oh. Maybe with their "developed" job skills, they can't get a job..