GreaseSpot Cafe

Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name.

TheHeckler

I stumbled upon this website while looking up the spelling of "orthotamounta". Based on a vague memory I am fairly certain my father, Darth Vader, is a member here. I've been attending the WAY. I'm 25 years old and have a curious and questioning mind. I seek answers to all the questions I don't yet have.

I stumbled upon this website while looking up the spelling of "orthotamounta". Based on a vague memory I am fairly certain my father, Darth Vader, is a member here. I've been attending the WAY. I'm 25 years old and have a curious and questioning mind. I seek answers to all the questions I don't yet have.

Hey there, Heckler

Glad you stumbled in.

That's how I found this place, too, only I was looking for a copy of PFAL at the time.

I usually recommend starting on the front page and reading some of the articles, editorials and such to get up to speed with what The Way is/was really all about.

Have a cup-o-joe on me

dev-6374.jpg

I appreciate the warm welcome. So far I've done an hour or more of reading. I've drawn a few conclusions so far.

1. Their are wise men amidst, both in Word and in world. I have respect for you and even in someways already love you- many ways even.

2. I feel like I'm in a dangerous place. Due to the intentions and malevolence of some in the forum toward my plight. Some may say that's due to indoctrination or brainwash. In response I say "I come in Peace".

3. In many of the posts I've read, users were entrenched in emotion concerning another individuals imperfection and failures in life. To what avail? Only one thing is worth dwelling on? (What jokes have you?)

4. Their err in understanding is old. Leadership,tongues, interpretation, tithe....love maybe, and more have all come to greater understanding. Humble men and women have realized mistakes and suffered to correct them. Don't forget my brothers and sisters that life, being alive, means growing. Growth- it takes place in many ways. biologically, structurally, systematically, whoa and indeed growth takes place everywhere.

Assault me with your wrath s in thought and communication. Perhaps it is the only way you can express that vital mind of yours in these dire times. Nonetheless your lives aren't ruined and your not alone, but you have the strength to be.

My current questions are... Do you want to know about the growth? And do you still seek the Truth but perhaps just not through The Ministry?

Edited by TheHeckler
  • Upvote 1

4. Their err in understanding is old. Leadership,tongues, interpretation, tithe....love maybe, and more have all come to greater understanding. Humble men and women have realized mistakes and suffered to correct them.

Do I assume correctly that "I've been attending the Way" means that you participate in their home fellowships? Have you completed their Way of Abundance and Power class?

Can you elaborate on the "greater understanding" has been arrived at?

My current questions are... Do you want to know about the growth? And do you still seek the Truth but perhaps just not through The Ministry?

Do you want to know about the growth?

I'm always interested in growth, in many areas of my life. Understanding of Biblical nuances and spiritual mysteries is not one of them, thank you very much.

And do you still seek the Truth but perhaps just not through The Ministry?

Seeking "The Truth" is like trying to find that place in the distance where the railroad tracks meet. Be happy where you are and enjoy the space you occupy.

I highly recommend this audio: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/gsradio/audio/gsradio-2008-06-11-80766.mp3

Edited by waysider

2. I feel like I'm in a dangerous place. Due to the intentions and malevolence of some in the forum toward my plight. Some may say that's due to indoctrination or brainwash. In response I say "I come in Peace".

Welcome, Heckler.

I wouldn't call it a "dangerous" place. I think its more like, uncontrolled, by religious sentiments. People are generally friendly I think, but most don't seem to be moved by old (or newer) way catch-phrases..

a lot of us don't owe some organization fifteen percent of our incomes to harvest God's spit in our direction..

or owe our very lives to some organization..

The Heckler was a short-lived DC comic book. Of course, you would have been about 8 when it came out, so I guess that your nom de plume is not an allusion to that character. ;)

You are certainly welcome to search for truth wherever you wish, even in TWI, if that's your choice. I still hold many of the doctrines I learned while in that organization as accurate, but it has become clear that the past leadership was very corrupt; and, from posts by those recently out (or still in), it is apparent that most present leadership is corrupt, also. No one will hold a grudge against you for being in TWI, but don't expect a lot of affirmation.

God bless,

George

Hi Theheckler Welcome to greasespot

I stumbled in here too... but it has been for me a fortuitous situation.

I stopped "searching for the TRUTH" TWI style long ago. I found on leaving TWI that I did not expire by God's hand or by any other..

I hope your time here brings you to a better understanding of TWI what it's origins are and what the reality of it are. As in any place you visit your expectations will dictate how it all goes.

This is a place where people tell the truth about what they encountered in TWI .

The good, The bad and the ugly

(apologies for the stolen title, but it fits.)

Most of the people who are here have suffered in some fashion at the hands of TWI leadership and the doctrine spewed by TWI and it's Founder VIctor Paul Wierwille.

Or have learned of the duplicity of VP and many of the leaders of TWI.. since some of them are still running the show at HQ and other locations and since they teach much of the same dogma as before I doubt things have improved.

but I am willing to listen to you tell of your experiences..

Do not expect me to wander willy nilly back.

In any case

some donuts to go with your coffee and WELCOME! :)

1170-delicious-donut.jpg

Edited by leafytwiglet

Welcome. I managed to keep my curious and questioning mind during my time in TWI and an offshoot, but was still astounded at how much I wouldn't let myself go "there" (wherever that might be) until I came here.

Im not sure what all the allusions are about... "Please to meet you hope you guess my name"

Thats the Rolling Stones from Sympathy For The Devil--is that supposed to be us?, or just some interesting sounding phrase.

As well as you thinking Vader is here. ( Does that make you the pure Luke?)

I dont know if its a backhanded slap introduction or what your saying--Its all sort of cryptic to me so far..I also have no idea why you would think this place is "dangerous". Its words on an internet page for gosh sakes.

Either way, or whatever way you come --welcome---hang around awhile.

Growth and truth are good things although I'd be pretty sure they mean different things to me than they do to you, these days I guage them more within myself than what anyone tells me that is supposed to mean. Ive been down too many roads, alot of them dead ends, including my time in TWI. Ive found my way through the wilderness Ok--My days of needing guides except of my own choosing are gone.

but as I said---welcome

Do I assume correctly that "I've been attending the Way" means that you participate in their home fellowships? Have you completed their Way of Abundance and Power class?

Can you elaborate on the "greater understanding" has been arrived at?

Both of your assumptions are correct.

Greater understanding yes, not greatest understanding but greater, still much work to be done, but this "understanding" concerns almost everything I've read. For example: compulsion to ABS, the intention behind "someone please stand and interpret", and how people seem to be more interested in the faults of leadership and structure/organization than the Word its self, to name a few. Seems like most of the posts I've read seem stuck in the things of the earlier days that have been reworked and corrected.

Do good unto all men, but especially unto the household.

Do you want to know about the growth?

I'm always interested in growth, in many areas of my life. Understanding of Biblical nuances and spiritual mysteries is not one of them, thank you very much.

And do you still seek the Truth but perhaps just not through The Ministry?

Seeking "The Truth" is like trying to find that place in the distance where the railroad tracks meet. Be happy where you are and enjoy the space you occupy.

I highly recommend this audio: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/gsradio/audio/gsradio-2008-06-11-80766.mp3

What do you enjoy in life? Hobbies? Do you live near railroad tracks?

Edited by TheHeckler

Welcome, Heckler.

I wouldn't call it a "dangerous" place. I think its more like, uncontrolled, by religious sentiments. People are generally friendly I think, but most don't seem to be moved by old (or newer) way catch-phrases..

a lot of us don't owe some organization fifteen percent of our incomes to harvest God's spit in our direction..

or owe our very lives to some organization..

I am happy to be unbanned from posting, what about control now? Your talking about jargon, right? Tell me about the catchy phrases that "moved you", so I might better understand you. If it's not in your heart to ABS, your throwing your money away. Remember the lady who gave her last penny? Never-mind, that was presumptuous. God spit at you? How? I don't get it? You mean men and women in The Way were mean to you?

Edited by TheHeckler

Im not sure what all the allusions are about... "Please to meet you hope you guess my name"

Thats the Rolling Stones from Sympathy For The Devil--is that supposed to be us?, or just some interesting sounding phrase.

As well as you thinking Vader is here. ( Does that make you the pure Luke?)

I dont know if its a backhanded slap introduction or what your saying--Its all sort of cryptic to me so far..I also have no idea why you would think this place is "dangerous". Its words on an internet page for gosh sakes.

Either way, or whatever way you come --welcome---hang around awhile.

Growth and truth are good things although I'd be pretty sure they mean different things to me than they do to you, these days I guage them more within myself than what anyone tells me that is supposed to mean. Ive been down too many roads, alot of them dead ends, including my time in TWI. Ive found my way through the wilderness Ok--My days of needing guides except of my own choosing are gone.

but as I said---welcome

I'll let you assign targets. Thanks for the welcome! Do you like Star Wars? I'm a fan.

God spit at you? How? I don't get it? You mean men and women in The Way were mean to you?

Martindale said that if you didn't give at least 15% to TWI, "God wouldn't even spit in your direction."

BTW----Have you had a chance to look at "Actual Errors in PFAL"?

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/editorial/editorial-items/actual-errors-in-power-for-abundant-living.html

Edited by waysider

Martindale said that if you didn't give at least 15% to TWI, "God wouldn't even spit in your direction."

BTW----Have you had a chance to look at "Actual Errors in PFAL"?

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/editorial/editorial-items/actual-errors-in-power-for-abundant-living.html

LOL who cares what he says? If he did say that it was "malarchy". I just sat through a second round of the foundational class, and didn't notice anything. Give an example of error in PFAL.

See link in previous post.

None of this is in the class....seems like a rant over human error that's all been corrected...

The author of this must have whipped it up in moments. He even try's to refute Vp's personality....

Why are good guys fighting good guys? Were you a Vp follower in your day? Or pursuant of God's word?

Edited by TheHeckler

None of this is in the class.

None of this is in the foundational class???

Refute VP's personality???

For goodness sakes, the man was a drunken sexual predator who drugged and raped countless young, trusting women.

Edited by waysider

None of this is in the foundational class???

Refute VP's personality???

For goodness sakes, the man was a drunken sexual predator who drugged and raped countless young, trusting women.

My condolence to those wronged by him. I hope they don't hate me for it. I was being sarcastic with personality quip. Most certainly not in the class that I finished last Sunday. It's to bad so much strife over things that don't exist.

Edited by TheHeckler

Have you taken the Advanced Class, yet Heckler?

In that class, Wierwille detailed various maladies that he claimed are caused by devil possession. Among them are alcoholism, sexual predation, ego and cancer. If you would like, I can post various parts of my syllabus and notes. Ironic, don't you think, that Wierwille, himself, died from cancer?

DEATH CERTIFICATE

My condolence to those wronged by him. I hope they don't hate me for it. I was being sarcastic with personality quip. Most certainly not in the class that I finished last Sunday. It's to bad so much strife over things that don't exist.

The abused most certainly exist. The damage was and is real. If you are here to diminish the actions of twi leadership, this probably isn't the place for you.

• Upvote 1