GreaseSpot Cafe

Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name.

TheHeckler

A big part of DWA consisted of memorizing dozens of scriptures that dealt with (applied to) a multitude of life's difficulties. We used memory cards called "retemories". (not a real word) If you encountered any sort of "opportunity" (problem) in your life, you were expected to dispel it by simply recalling and focusing on the scripture that supposedly dealt with it. It's an insane method of dealing with problems. The prudent course of action is to carefully consider all aspects of the problem in an effort to arrive at a solution, not simply tossing a catch phrase out into the air.

Edited by waysider

A big part of DWA consisted of memorizing dozens of scriptures that dealt with (applied to) a multitude of life's difficulties. We used memory cards called "retemories". (not a real word) If you encountered any sort of "opportunity" (problem) in your life, you were expected to dispel it by simply recalling and focusing on the scripture that supposedly dealt with it. It's an insane method of dealing with problems. The prudent course of action is to carefully consider all aspects of the problem in an effort to arrive at a solution, not simply tossing a catch phrase out into the air.

"INSANE" That's far fetched. You choose what your standard in life is. I find scripture to be comforting and soothing. I use logic to solve all my problems. Sometimes its as simple as "pride goeth before a fall" or "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of thy mouth, but rather that which is good to the use of edifying". In chess your constantly solving problems that require logic and strategy (Considering angles.). Yet even in chess I've thought of scripture that pertains to peace.

America "dealt" with Japan back in the 40's. By "dealing with", we also defeated.

OK, you deal with the adversary in your life, I'll defeat him in mine. It's a semantics game now. I only find that "dealing" leaves more room for misunderstanding than "defeating" does. "Deal" has many definitions, "defeat" does not. You claim to use logic, but you'd rather use a word that is easily misunderstood? What gives?

Edited by TheHeckler

OK, you deal with the adversary in your life, I'll defeat him in mine. It's a semantics game now. I only find that "dealing" leaves more room for misunderstanding than "defeating" does. Deal has many definitions, defeatings does not. You claim to use logic, but you'd rather use a word that is easily misunderstood? What gives?

What gives?? well, I'd guess part of "what gives" is the age difference between you and I. When I was growing up, "dealing" with something meant to confront it and defeat it if necessary. I guess words don't hold the same meaning (these days), that they used to, eh? beer.gif

What gives?? well, I'd guess part of "what gives" is the age difference between you and I. When I was growing up, "dealing" with something meant to confront it and defeat it if necessary. I guess words don't hold the same meaning (these days), that they used to, eh? beer.gif

Well we live in "these days" not when you were growing up. Why refuse to come to terms with reality? You don't have to stay stuck in error.

No offence intended, just constructive criticism. You are in my "welcoming" thread, after all.

Edited by TheHeckler

Oh Jeezus, another one with the magic decoder ring and all the answers.

BTW, I find it more than a little ironic that you cleave to a supposed "Wurd" as some sort of cohesive, all encompassing, all explaining, all truth (IF you have the magic decoder ring), and yet invoke "logic" as your guiding principle. Sure...

Well Heckler, I did say welcome to you, and I see by your posts that you live up to your name, it signals along with your posts your intent.

So maybe we will cross paths again in the threads, or perhaps this is your little drive by.

Either way you are welcome here.

If you should decide to share what is being taught in this supposedly new foundational class I will be most intrigued to hear it.

I stumbled upon this website ...

Based on a vague memory I am fairly certain my father, Darth Vader, is a member here.

Then it wasn't exactly a stumble.

Humble men and women have realized mistakes and suffered to correct them.

Seems like most of the posts I've read seem stuck in the things of the earlier days that have been reworked and corrected.

Really? Lives are not like pieces of paper where you scratch out a word, replace it, and move forward. These "mistakes" affected lives at a number of levels. Those issues have not been addressed. Until that happens all "correction" much less the notion they suffered to correct mistakes is just a bunch of happy talk.

It's to bad so much strife over things that don't exist.

It might (and I say "might" because there's no real proof that anything of any magnitude has changed) be that you simply aren't in it deep enough to know whether these things exist.

Even stolen money is spendable..

Here's the beginning of the slippery slope...

I use logic to solve all my problems.

Based upon the previous statement, I think it's more honest to say that you use logical fallacy. Besides, most 25 year old's mental processes aren't mature enough to accurately predict future outcomes - particularly males. You haven't said anything to suggest that you are the exception.

You don't have to stay stuck in error.

That is true. One of the best decisions I ever made was to release myself from the error that passed for research and logic taught in TWI (regardless of the edition).

Really? Lives are not like pieces of paper where you scratch out a word, replace it, and move forward. These "mistakes" affected lives at a number of levels. Those issues have not been addressed. Until that happens all "correction" much less the notion they suffered to correct mistakes is just a bunch of happy talk.

It might (and I say "might" because there's no real proof that anything of any magnitude has changed) be that you simply aren't in it deep enough to know whether these things exist.

Based upon the previous statement, I think it's more honest to say that you use logical fallacy. Besides, most 25 year old's mental processes aren't mature enough to accurately predict future outcomes - particularly males. You haven't said anything to suggest that you are the exception.

That is true. One of the best decisions I ever made was to release myself from the error that passed for research and logic taught in TWI (regardless of the edition).

I'm in my mental prime, according to scientific research.

Oh Jeezus, another one with the magic decoder ring and all the answers.

BTW, I find it more than a little ironic that you cleave to a supposed "Wurd" as some sort of cohesive, all encompassing, all explaining, all truth (IF you have the magic decoder ring), and yet invoke "logic" as your guiding principle. Sure...

Use all available resources to accomplish jobs efficiently...

..."But what's troubling you is the nature of my game" (whoo whoo)

Life is so different now... we have dishwashers!

....and micro processing, biological warfare, genetic cloning....but yeah dishwashers....

Edited by TheHeckler

I was looking up orthotamounta when I found this site...so yea i stumbled...you looking for holes in my posts like I'm as intricate as the "WORD" ... I hope your young.

Definitions of stumble on the Web:

* encounter by chance; "I stumbled across a long-lost cousin last night in a restaurant"

Issues have been corrected. Anything your not willing to let go is your choice. I prefer to forgive it feels F**kin good to do it. You can dwell on your past mistakes if you want. Life is now, what will you make of it?

As deep as the sea and vast as the ocean, I am in it. Men will never be perfect, that much remains. However, leadership proves to be a lot more humble and meek to error than you give them credit for, but you wouldn't have an iota of understanding sense you've been "out" for 60 years.

It was an analogy, shall I define slippery slope for you?

25 Is within the range of male mental prime...scientifically proven. I question your ability to discern fallacy. Bigotry and sex bias make you in-credible.

Your current cultist involvement is arguably far worse. I'm glad to see you have control of your mind though, to what extent I wonder? Your easily angered and emotional.

I'm inside you^^^^. My mistake on post placement.

Edited by TheHeckler

I stumbled upon this website while looking up the spelling of "orthotamounta". Based on a vague memory I am fairly certain my father, Darth Vader, is a member here.. .

I am happy to be unbanned from posting.. .

there was a poster here with a Darth Tator avatar - uhm CK, I think was the poster's name - and maybe there was something about him and/or his "buddy", alias or whatever being banned - I dunno - I don't keep track of all that soap opera stuff. :wink2:

THX Paw - I know better.

Does that mean I won't be able to read and respond to my private message? Did you mean Troilism? (worried)

He is bordering on Trollism already. Don't feed him. He has no PM privileges. He's just going to twist what you say into something that you didn't say.

Paw how long have you been administrator here?

Does that mean I won't be able to read and respond to my private message? Did you mean Troilism? (worried)

WHAT are you talking about???? Who's words did I twist? What world are you living in?

Paw how long have you been administrator here?

I find it funny that you two are at my welcoming thread discussing me in third person.

Edited by TheHeckler

He is bordering on Trollism already. Don't feed him. He has no PM privileges.

He's just going to twist what you say into something that you didn't say.

What I figured, Paw. Bu thanks for the heads up, regardless. smile.gif

I guess anyone who's going to argue about one word defining a "class" (such as has been in evidence),

isn't really worth spending time answering. And that's only one of several "youthful indiscretions" made.

Hey there Heckler - - - Since this is your welcome thread (as you've pointed out),

You could've just said "HI! I'm new here!", and let it go at that.

Plenty of other forums here on the site to start a discussion on, if you choose to do so.

Good luck and God bless. spy.gif

What I figured, Paw. Bu thanks for the heads up, regardless. smile.gif

I guess anyone who's going to argue about one word defining a "class" (such as has been in evidence),

isn't really worth spending time answering. And that's only one of several "youthful indiscretions" made.

Hey there Heckler - - - Since this is your welcome thread (as you've pointed out),

You could've just said "HI! I'm new here!", and let it go at that.

Plenty of other forums here on the site to start a discussion on, if you choose to do so.

Good luck and God bless. spy.gif

Only a few posts in this thread seem genuine in their interest of me and my experiences in The Way. The rest are provocative attempts to slant my life choices. Furthermore, almost all the posts have a negative underlying tone.

Are you trying to change me? Put me down? Or do you wanna discuss something particular?

I'm willing to discuss things even smaller than the meaning of a single word like "deal" vs. "defeat". The lack of care for small details is a weakness.

But you could always just dismiss yourself from the torture of this thread. ;)

Edited by TheHeckler

I didn't realize VPW and Martindale were hippies.

Ya larn sumpthin' new every day.

So you meant to say that specifically VPW and Martindale engaged on Troilism? I think lots of the stories on this website about things of that nature are made up and there's motif for them to do so. Even if some of the stories are true, it doesn't really effect my working and applying the Word in my life. As I've said a few times already, man isn't perfect. In the world people tend to remember the worst things about a person. I like to focus on the positive.