GreaseSpot Cafe

Hi

Gen-2

Hi. I'm one of the many people that were affected by, if not 'involved' in, the Way. I was born in 1980. It was my Dad and Mom that were in the Way. Mom Died, then Dad. They say you grow up with your parent's religion. I never "took the class" but I may as well have. Dad ended up with a set of "Class Tapes" when the ministry went to hell in the area we lived in (at that time) and no one ever asked him for them back. He was in the Navy at the time, out at sea, and came home to find that everything had basically disintigrated and people had already scattered to the four winds. I watched the tapes a few years later, so I guess maybe, "I took the class." But I took my own breaks when I wanted to, and provided my own refreshments. It was difficult to find a Beta Machine, I'm tellin' ya,.... Thank God for E-Bay.

Anyways I'm not going to type out an autobiography here. Maybe I'll get to know some of you here and understand a bit about the group that influenced me,... us? My memories of anything to do with the Way aren't all that bad. Hell, I was a little kid then, but I have some that are funny, some that are sad, etc....

Oh and My Name's Katie

• Upvote 1

Welcome.

You'll find that many people (myself included) have SOME good memories of twi.

Most of us who do temper that with the knowledge that the good times we had were

paid for by sufferings of others, so we acknowledge them but put them in perspective.

You'll notice that there's a gamut of beliefs among posters. There's Christians who

agree with almost everything vpw taught, much of it, or are currently Jewish, Catholic,

Protestant, atheist, agnostic, wiccan/pagan, and nearly everything else you can name.

(I haven't seen anyone post as a declared Muslim yet, but I may have just missed it.)

All points of view are acceptable- so long as manners are maintained and civil discussion

is not precluded. (I can believe anything I want, but if I disrupt all the discussions

I disagree with, that's not acceptable- my rights continue to the end of my fist,

but end before the tip of your nose. :) )

Feel free to read, respond, start discussions, and so on. Please try to keep posts

to their relevant forums. Feel free to Search and to ask for threads with more

information on any subject that interests you. Feel free to join the games in

the Reading Room. And feel free to disagree with me or ignore me- I'm just another

poster on the board..... :)

Edited by WordWolf

HI GEn2 Welcome to the grease spot I look forward to seeing your posts... I am one of the posters here who had a relatively easy time in TWI but as Wordwolf mentions I also temper that with the knowledge of what so many others endured and the knowledge that so much of VPW's supposed life was a lie and all of his teachings were stolen.

My journey here has been one of walking away from TWI teachings and walking into a better understanding of what I was part of, and the hidden costs for me of my few years in TWI

so Glad you are here. Pull up a stool and a cup of Joe and welcome to the party.

• 2 months later...