GreaseSpot Cafe

Ken Brown response

Ken Brown

Hi All,

I registered to be on this website because I wanted to respond to comments made about me here. I’m not angry, but the comments were dismissive, somewhat belittling, and certainly misleading. I was described as a 3’rd Corps grad who was a faithful wayfer and is apparently still following Wierwille ideology. Then there was an embarrassingly dorky sentence about being so blessed for the keys to how the Bible interprets itself quoted from my website (brownbible.com) with a link to it.

Fair enough in part; I don’t think the writer was trying to be unkind. I graduated from the 3’rd Corps and was a faithful wayfer, but the above makes me sound like a mindless groupie and is hardly representative of where I have been coming from for at least the last 30 years. I did not write the quoted sentence. It was lifted from an article submitted by someone else. I wasn’t aware that the article was on the site. I remember telling the administrator that we couldn’t use it and have since deleted it.

While involved with TWI, long before “The Passing of the Patriarch,” I was outspoken with a number of the top decision makers for malpractice and/or errant teaching, and became quite unpopular among them. I am not and have never been a mindless groupie.

My website has been up for a little less than a year. So far, I have written and posted 36 Bible related articles. Each is based on my own independent study of the Scriptures (and, yes, I still believe that the Bible as originally written is God’s Word).

Some of these articles are in agreement with things we were taught in TWI, many are contrary to our previous teaching. I think the articles are well reasoned, though of course, I could be wrong here and there; but they are not a matter of following Wierwille ideology.

So there, I said it. Not many of you will care one way or the other about what I have written here. Most of you probably don’t even know me. But I felt a bit insulted by what I read about me on this site and wanted to respond.

Hey, for those of you who remember Sue and me, we are still together and happy. Our son, Rex, is now 20 years old. He is a great young man who loves God. He is in the U.S. Air Force. His top secret security clearance was approved, and he is doing something that we are not likely to ever know about, but we are very proud of him.

God’s best to all of you.

• Upvote 1

Hi Ken. Thanks for showing up and speaking up. It's a lot more refreshing than those that lurk and then just complain without even attempting to set the record straight.

I remember a class you taught in NYC on logic. That and some very good advice (that unfortunately I didn't heed) continue to give me fond memories of both you and Sue being quality people.

God first

thanks Ken Brown

I notice that you got upset

big deal people are human

now that we got that in the past

because I did not say anything wrong about you

the insults teach to love more perfect

like without the serpent were would be

without the serpent there no need of God

welcome

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Edited by year2027

Hi All,

I registered to be on this website because I wanted to respond to comments made about me here. I'm not angry, but the comments were dismissive, somewhat belittling, and certainly misleading. I was described as a 3'rd Corps grad who was a faithful wayfer and is apparently still following Wierwille ideology. Then there was an embarrassingly dorky sentence about being so blessed for the keys to how the Bible interprets itself quoted from my website (brownbible.com) with a link to it.

Fair enough in part; I don't think the writer was trying to be unkind. I graduated from the 3'rd Corps and was a faithful wayfer, but the above makes me sound like a mindless groupie and is hardly representative of where I have been coming from for at least the last 30 years. I did not write the quoted sentence. It was lifted from an article submitted by someone else. I wasn't aware that the article was on the site. I remember telling the administrator that we couldn't use it and have since deleted it.

While involved with TWI, long before "The Passing of the Patriarch," I was outspoken with a number of the top decision makers for malpractice and/or errant teaching, and became quite unpopular among them. I am not and have never been a mindless groupie.

My website has been up for a little less than a year. So far, I have written and posted 36 Bible related articles. Each is based on my own independent study of the Scriptures (and, yes, I still believe that the Bible as originally written is God's Word).

Some of these articles are in agreement with things we were taught in TWI, many are contrary to our previous teaching. I think the articles are well reasoned, though of course, I could be wrong here and there; but they are not a matter of following Wierwille ideology.

So there, I said it. Not many of you will care one way or the other about what I have written here. Most of you probably don't even know me. But I felt a bit insulted by what I read about me on this site and wanted to respond.

Hey, for those of you who remember Sue and me, we are still together and happy. Our son, Rex, is now 20 years old. He is a great young man who loves God. He is in the U.S. Air Force. His top secret security clearance was approved, and he is doing something that we are not likely to ever know about, but we are very proud of him.

God's best to all of you.

Hi Ken,

If you're referring to anything I may have said, I did not intend to be unkind. If my words came across that way, I apologize.

For those of you reading here, Ken and I worked together in the research room at HQ from 1984-86.

Charlene

Here is what I wrote.

From what I read . . . I think he may be or has been part of STF as well. There was some Truth or Tradition verbiage scattered about. One option was "fellowships" so, maybe they are part of a larger group.

I found it because I was looking up Bishop Pillai . . . .most things that come up concerning him are TWI related in some way. This site came up in the search. Bishop KC Pillai/The Brown Bible

One thing I noticed is they are very vague concerning things like WHO ordained him into WHAT denomination . . . and where this" theological training" came from.

Although, the donate button was prominent. . . . and with scripture attached.

I didn't delve too deeply into your site, but your "About Us" page says the following:

Ken Brown received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Mathematics in 1971 and earned his Bachelor of Theology degree in 1974. He was ordained in 1975 and served many years in full time Christian ministry. He has worked as a Biblical research editor for an internationally published Christian magazine and has served as senior faculty for a variety of college level Biblical research oriented classes.

And the donate button is on the first page with 2 Corinthians 9:7

It is what it is. . . . . Not sure if you are with a larger group, but it appeared that way to me. I am sure you are a great guy. . . .I just wondered what your credentials are for teaching the bible. . . . as you do claim some. Where you were ordained and into what. . . . I can get an ordination online. I would assume if you have a real BA in theology. . . . TWI is not where you received it. :)

Reasonable questions . . . and curiosity at the vagueness especially if it was TWI.

Edited by geisha779

In case anyone is wondering, here are two posts I believe Ken is referencing, although he didn't state which post it is - BTW I am not trying to represent him: Posts #238 and 240 on the following page.

http://www.greasespo...s/page__st__220

Edited by penworks

Hey I'm the kid here, but I'll assume that all those accomplishments the magazine the jobs were Way International related,... and the Ordination. Thing is - if you don't stand with that ministry any longer, not much of that counts. their college wasn't accredited, the ordination would be to a group that you no longer stand with or have any affilliation with,... the internationa Bible magazine is the Way magazine? And yes the fact that you don't say where you achieved all this is interesting. Why not put it all out in the sunshine? Just asking.

If you say you're just sort of ashamed of that, I'll accept that. No problem. But if you're all proud of that. I'll likely want to know why you don't credit the sourse of your credential list there with the name of the ministry you took such pride in.

I'm assuming you don't list the Way Ministry - because you're ashamed of it or fear that people will look it up and gainsay your accomplishments. Just as they do Weirwille's degrees and honors. I'm not out to get anyone here, not you Ken, that's for sure, but it's just damned odd that you didn't say where you researched, who ordained you, what college(s) you did your teaching/learning at. If you're proud enough to list those accomplishments and too ashamed to list where you accomplished all that, I feel sorry for you. ~~~ And if that's the case, you are here with the choir,... preach away, we know the words to this song.

If I'm wrong in My assumption, pplease tell us what international magazine you write for where and how you were ordained. which colleges you graduated from and taught at. and which Foundation etc - you Researched for.

But you know - I don't think I'm wrong Though you might have had the BA in Math before you went into the Way, I'll bet the rest is TWI related and that you'd rather hide that. That would be what you're upset about here I would imagine Someone might google it and find you out? ~~~ Hey, anytime someone hides stuff like this, it's like a Red flag. Hey I'm sorry you got hurt by the Way. You're not the only one.

And you were a mindless groupie - happened a lot in The Way Ministry - Glad you finally got out. I will assume you don't still stand with them based on what you said. There is an incredible range of people here at Greasespot Cafe, belief-wise... and perhaps the only thing everyone here agrees on is that the Way wasn't ultimately beneficial to their life, so they scrammed, jetted - and in oh-so-many-directions!

You'll probably be mad that I said you were a mindless groupie, but hell you admitted in your post that you stood in the water with the pirrahanas and complained about them. to me that's mindless.

• Upvote 2

Naw... you said it all..

I was going to be just *slightly* more diplomatic.

:biglaugh:

So Welcome Ken Brown.

I was one of those mindless groupies long ago..

Just a few questions if you don't mind..

who are you (or your organization) affiliated with?

Any independent honest review of your published personal studies?

Hi Ken,

I'll bet you don't remember me, but I showed you how to "cope" baseboard mouldings once upon a time when - IIRC - you were having your home recarpeted. I worked in "WayBuilders" dept. (which was pretty much a skeleton crew by that time- '87-'89).

Anyway, FWIW, you always seemed like a nice folks to me, and your wife as well. Hell, most all the people I knew on staff were nice folks. It was just that we were all toxically credulous IMNSHO.

So yeah, welcome. Personally, I've pretty much relegated The Bible and any other Holy Writ to the same shelf as Dr. Seuss, Grimm's Fairy Tales, and Holistic Healing Methods. That is, I think it IS just superstitious fables written by an ignorant and primitive people and has no more real relevance to life today than any other garden variety mythology.

That said, if you want to spend your time researching and teaching stuff that's been worked over by more theologians and God-seekers than one can count, man, be my guest. I think it's an utter and complete waste of time, but then, I would. Doesn't your effort stike you as just a teensy bit redundant though? Un uh...

• 5 months later...

Ken,

when Sue married you

I knew you had to be cool.

I'm glad you are still together and happy.

You always seemed an independent soul to me...

though we all drank a sub-lethal dose of the Koolaid, didn't we?

Peace,

Pax

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hey I'm the kid here, but I'll assume that all those accomplishments the magazine the jobs were Way International related,... and the Ordination. Thing is - if you don't stand with that ministry any longer, not much of that counts. their college wasn't accredited, the ordination would be to a group that you no longer stand with or have any affilliation with,... the internationa Bible magazine is the Way magazine? And yes the fact that you don't say where you achieved all this is interesting. Why not put it all out in the sunshine? Just asking.

If you say you're just sort of ashamed of that, I'll accept that. No problem. But if you're all proud of that. I'll likely want to know why you don't credit the sourse of your credential list there with the name of the ministry you took such pride in.

I'm assuming you don't list the Way Ministry - because you're ashamed of it or fear that people will look it up and gainsay your accomplishments. Just as they do Weirwille's degrees and honors. I'm not out to get anyone here, not you Ken, that's for sure, but it's just damned odd that you didn't say where you researched, who ordained you, what college(s) you did your teaching/learning at. If you're proud enough to list those accomplishments and too ashamed to list where you accomplished all that, I feel sorry for you. ~~~ And if that's the case, you are here with the choir,... preach away, we know the words to this song.

If I'm wrong in My assumption, pplease tell us what international magazine you write for where and how you were ordained. which colleges you graduated from and taught at. and which Foundation etc - you Researched for.

But you know - I don't think I'm wrong Though you might have had the BA in Math before you went into the Way, I'll bet the rest is TWI related and that you'd rather hide that. That would be what you're upset about here I would imagine Someone might google it and find you out? ~~~ Hey, anytime someone hides stuff like this, it's like a Red flag. Hey I'm sorry you got hurt by the Way. You're not the only one.

And you were a mindless groupie - happened a lot in The Way Ministry - Glad you finally got out. I will assume you don't still stand with them based on what you said. There is an incredible range of people here at Greasespot Cafe, belief-wise... and perhaps the only thing everyone here agrees on is that the Way wasn't ultimately beneficial to their life, so they scrammed, jetted - and in oh-so-many-directions!

You'll probably be mad that I said you were a mindless groupie, but hell you admitted in your post that you stood in the water with the pirrahanas and complained about them. to me that's mindless.

how can a drummer be a mindless groupie ? i go to twi fellowships and i'm also a drummer ! lol ! but i'm not the president of the hair club for men cause ................. i'm bald ! lol ! :)

you know , i should look at the date , this is a very old post ! silly me !