GreaseSpot Cafe

Time to Introduce Myself

Guest Balanced

Guest Balanced

Hello everyone:

It's time I introduce myself. I've been reading posts for many years but only recently starting being involved in the discussions. I was involved in twi for many years and left by my own choice: tired of the control, tired of the red tape, tired of the subtle deceptiveness, and tired of putting God in a box.

I've been apprehensive to post but since starting to post I already feel the healing. You've all been so kind to me. I left on "good terms" from twi yet have been treated terribly by "friends." I've heard the usual sayings of:

You are leaving the household of God.

I don't understand why you would leave the ministry that taught you the rightly divided Word.

We must protect our family (from me who must be evil now).

I left the "church" not God. God is more involved with my life than ever before as I no longer have the guilt of not doing this or that right. The negative responses have only been by 99% of "innies." I still have a few "innies" that don't care they just want to keep me as a friend, good friend not just a person who they chat with online.

So I'm here on GSC to post for a short amount of time as I sort through some issues and questions I have. After that, I will move on and enjoy this new chapter of my life that has just begun.

Look forward to conversing with you.

Balanced

Hello everyone:

It's time I introduce myself. I've been reading posts for many years but only recently starting being involved in the discussions. I was involved in twi for many years and left by my own choice: tired of the control, tired of the red tape, tired of the subtle deceptiveness, and tired of putting God in a box.

I've been apprehensive to post but since starting to post I already feel the healing. You've all been so kind to me. I left on "good terms" from twi yet have been treated terribly by "friends." I've heard the usual sayings of:

You are leaving the household of God.

I don't understand why you would leave the ministry that taught you the rightly divided Word.

We must protect our family (from me who must be evil now).

I left the "church" not God. God is more involved with my life than ever before as I no longer have the guilt of not doing this or that right. The negative responses have only been by 99% of "innies." I still have a few "innies" that don't care they just want to keep me as a friend, good friend not just a person who they chat with online.

So I'm here on GSC to post for a short amount of time as I sort through some issues and questions I have. After that, I will move on and enjoy this new chapter of my life that has just begun.

Look forward to conversing with you.

Balanced

Welcome Balanced. Why so mysterious? Do you have doubts about the GS cafe whether were "Of God" or not?

You say, "So I'm here on GSC to post for a short amount of time as I sort through some issues and questions I have. After that, I will move on"

Ive just been posting for a few months myself! It's your choice but that comes off as a bit odd. Are we contagious?

Forgive me. What are your reasons for stating that your only here for now, if you don't mind my asking?

Guest Balanced

Human without the bean,

I'm still working on finding a balance between communicating too much and then not enough which leads to me sounding mysterious. I've been hurt by telling too much.

I look at GSC as a place of therapy as I sort through the hurt I've experienced from leaving twi. I've been in therapy before and it came to an end. I enjoy reading posts on GSC but like everything in my life, I need to make sure it doesn't become an obsession or time consumer as I have many other responsibilities and things I want to accomplish. I try hard to keep a balance, all things in moderation. My goal is to be Balanced.

Hope this clears things up. I'm not trying to be mysterious.

Balanced

Human without the bean,

I'm still working on finding a balance between communicating too much and then not enough which leads to me sounding mysterious. I've been hurt by telling too much.

I look at GSC as a place of therapy as I sort through the hurt I've experienced from leaving twi. I've been in therapy before and it came to an end. I enjoy reading posts on GSC but like everything in my life, I need to make sure it doesn't become an obsession or time consumer as I have many other responsibilities and things I want to accomplish. I try hard to keep a balance, all things in moderation. My goal is to be Balanced.

Hope this clears things up. I'm not trying to be mysterious.

Balanced

It does. Thanks Balanced.

It takes time to heal. It takes time to sort things out. Good luck with your quest. Take your time and go with God. Whatever it takes. I hope you find what your looking for. And sorry for my query.

Welcome my friend.

Hello everyone:

... tired of putting God in a box. ....You are leaving the household of God...

God's always been there. He's right where He's always been, and He knows exactly what He's doing all the times!

No one owns God. God doesn't live where people tell Him to, although some people like to claim him as the household pet....

>grin<

People that seek God will always find Him, don't worry, it's not like He's going to abandon you. God gave us freedom of choice, that is very important to Him....... <big grin> ...sometimes we are very good at keeping Him busy with our choices, but he sure does love his kids, and the ones that sure love Him and care deeply about their walk with Him - are what this whole creation thing is all about to Him. ~ fear not ~

• Upvote 1

Balanced, I am one who comes and goes at the café... I show up when I feel like I need to or if I feel I can help by posting. Right now I am in a helping stage and not so much a needing one. GSC is a great place, and if you decide to stick around, great... Come and go as you please. I am looking forward to your posts!

Hey, if you want to keep your life private, that's fine.

I've been here for years, and I keep my personal life private.

I just don't like putting the details in cyberspace.

So, anyone trying to spy on me online will only find out but so much.

Not that I think I'm worth spying on in the first place, but there's a

few sick people out there, and at least one HAS thought that, so...

No, they weren't ex-twi. Twi never did have an exclusive right to

anything that matters. They didn't even have an exclusive right to

religious frauds or crazy people.

• Upvote 1

Welcome Balanced. Hope you enjoy your stay. I've been coming to the Greasespot Cafe for many years now, and along with learning of what was and is going on at twi and the cathartic release of frustrations and disappointments from hopes and dreams from that period of my life being shattered, I also found that many lovely friendships with people from the Greasespot Cafe have endured.

This place is not just a therapy location but also a place to find friendship that is deeply rewarding.

In His hope,

Kit Sober

Reno NV

Hello everyone:

(snip)

Sometimes this is referred to as "being sick and tired

of being sick and tired."

(snip)

I've been apprehensive to post but since starting to post I already feel the healing. You've all been so kind to me.

(snip)

If you want to be cautious about trusting strangers, caution is a good thing.

It will help keep you from getting burned by another group of people the same way the last

one burned you.

You'll find we're all sorts of people here, so if you stick around long enough,

you'll find someone post in a less-kind manner, because everyone has a bad moment.

That's how life is, though-sometimes there's a careless word when people are actually free

to THINK AND FEEL FOR THEMSELVES.

In fact, with people relearning how to do that, it's a bit more likely here than a lot of

places, but I find the candor and lack of disguises worth the occasional careless word.

(If someone is especially rude, we report them to the moderators here-

we're supposed to have a basic courtesy toward each other, and forgetting that

is bad for discussion.)

I know what you mean about being here for a time, Balanced. I said the same thing about a year ago and I'm still posting. I was afraid of living my life in reaction to TWI instead of, well, just living my life. Invariably, somebody says something I find interesting and helpful and it gives me something to work on. Sometimes someone says something I disagree with and it gives me opportunity to solidify my own beliefs. Whether I live my life "in reaction to" is a choice and it has little to do with my posting on GSC. Welcome.

Edited by erkjohn
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Balanced!

This can be a place of healing. There's something to be said about being in a place where people shared the same experiences. It povides light on certain situations which left you scratching your head while in TWI. Definitely don't feel pressured to share more than what makes you comfortable. We all go through certain stages after leaving TWI. I think everyone here understands that.

If I might suggest something. There's Greasespot Radio. If you haven't listened to anything yet, I suggest you listen to the interview with Belle. It really gives some perspective on current leadership's actions in TWI and the lengths they go to in "catching" people instead of letting people live their lives.

Other interviews which made my jaw drop were the one with "Cutting through the Fog" and "Losing the Way". Even though these things happened longer times ago, it helped me understand the abuse was there the whole time even though I thought I was in God's ministry during that time. I guess I'm thankful God protected me from that crap, but there were a lot of questions which went unanswered for a long time. These interviews cleared up a lot of those questions.

It's a great change to know God looks at your heart and still loves you no matter where you do or don't hang your hat for church.

Edited by Nottawayfer

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Balanced,

As I read thru your post I felt the "heart" where you were coming from. Please keep in mind theres lots of us out here who went through the same thing.

What really amazes me more is that there are still people IN the Way Ministry!

I hope you find comfort in speaking to people who also somehow "extracted" themselves from the Way, and felt the needles of guilt thrown at them afterward by the "innies"

I have a lot of fond memories of friends in the Way, from many years ago, but I really do thank God that He lead me to get out of the Way too.... :)

Edited by Steveo