GreaseSpot Cafe

New to the site

Beguiled

Hello!

Just thought I'd say hi. I just started reading this site last week. I was in TWI for 18 of my 29 years, so I've been 'round the block. I can't wait to talk to many of you. I left a bit about myself and TWI here.

Edited by Beguiled

Hello to you as well.

I'm new as well here, and like you, I have probably a lot to say about TWI. Never did the Corps thing, thank God! I did, however endure years of pretense, fake smiles, and thinly veiled elitism. Still, I managed to no be repulsed and learn a bit about God.

I'm not fully out yet, but it is happening. I am gradually easing out of it. I feel like I am coming out of a long slumber, and am seeing things a little more clearly. For me, the worm has definitely turned.

Good for you. I was "blinded' for so long because I grew up in TWI and knew nothing else. Ironically, going into the corps is what opened my eyes and made me second guess everything. Even though it took many years afterwards for me to figure things out.

Welcome to both of you. This is a place where you will definitely start to see things a little differently. You may find your views changing markedly while you're here. You might even think some of us are a little off the wall (blame the waiters, the coffee is strong here).

Speaking of which, hey, enjoy a cup of java and a bite of cake.