GreaseSpot Cafe

hello from me too

cara

I've been reading and reading and still have a lot to read but wanted to say hello. You are all lovely people! I also have to get used to the furniture - I thought the status report would be under or would be my name - and find a picture. The photos of bluebells or of cliffs by the sea that I was thinking of are too big. I remember/recognize/know a lot whereof you speak but am horrified at the extent of some of the things I knew a little or nothing about. I wish rest to you who are troubled. And some of the posts I've read have just made me laugh. Thanks for letting me sit down for a bit!

Thank you very much Waysider. I don't know who this Jack Handy is (not the deep thoughts?) and don't have speakers at "work" but I'll google him and I'll give it a listen at home. I actually thought of cara as a name because of its meaning "friend" in Irish but figured that if people understood it as "dear," that would be nice - wonder are they both related to caritas. Thanks again! Hope I can get some rhubarb pie and a regular regular coffee next time.

Oh, I'm an idiot - it's jay and the Americans (still don't know them). Bye again.

Edited by cara

Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got rhubarb in my tummy.

He has an impressive voice, waysider, and maybe I did hear it on the radio. It's amazing how you find those pictures and links.

Sir Guess, thanks. I know "anam cara" as a description but not any history associated with it. It's got me thinking about friendship, why I ended up keeping my own counsel so much among TWIers in the later years while I can babble to strangers. I suppose it's the same with any large group of people though, you're good friends with a few, and careful of others but able to say a lot of inconsequential things.

Welcome, Cara, nice to have you here.

Shocking what you will learn. And with all you learn, surprising how free you will become.

Waysider, I fancy that rhubarb pie too, is there another piece? Yum yum.