GreaseSpot Cafe

what is the PURPOSE of da corps *training*?

Ham

We were only "in" the FWC for three months, so I'm not sure how qualified I am to answer this question. But here's what I recall:

Rome City campus had farm fields, a dairy barn, a pig barn and chickens. While I was there, chickens were slaughtered and dressed and frozen, potatoes, onions and tomatoes were harvested (I wrote elsewhere about the nightmare salsa making and tomato processing), pigs were slaughtered, dressed and frozen. You would think we ate like kings! Nope, these goodies were for the tables of the anointed ones at NK. We worked four hours and went to classes four hours. I was on the cleaning crew at first, and we would scrub that long open staircase with wonderfully fragrant Murphy's Oil Soap, then polish it with some sort of furniture polish. Often I would labor at this task in the morning, and see the afternoon cleaning crew doing the same thing!

The best I can recall, our purpose was to be the lowly and unworthy servants of the powers that be. We provided them with food and someone to yell at.

After the first wave of hapless souls were sent to Gunnison for LEAD and many of them failed, including one poor woman who went into a bad bout of asthma and was housed in a hotel because she was so disgusting to the Martindale he couldn't bear the thought of her contaminating the holy ground of Camp Gunnison, we had a corps night hookup to end all hookups. Martindale was screaming and howling about the situation in general and this asthma sufferer in particular. I was in shock; call a doctor for her you damn fool; people die from status asthmaticus!

Then, in perfect rage and completely unspeakable fury, The One Man Of God For This Day And For This Time And For This Hour bellows at the top of his voice, referring to the FWC:  THERE'S NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU THAT IS WORTHY OF THE PRIVILEGE OF CARRYING MY JOCKSTRAP!

It was all I could do to not jump to my feet, throw my hands in the air and yell:  THANK YOU JESUS!

So that's what I saw as the purpose of FWC: Feed the anointed ones, be screamed at by the MOG, be criticized, condemned, run ragged, and oh by the way half starved. WE didn't get to eat any of the goodies! Work your butt off four hours straight, eat a few veggies and a piece of zwieback for lunch. Listen to a boring lecture for four hours, eat a bowl of soup for dinner and a few leftover veggies and zwieback for supper, either go work on a special project or go to another boring class, go to bed at 11:00 and up at 5:00.

To make a short story long, one more thing: I don't think VPW or LCM had ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation. Volunteers my foot! We were slaves, pure and simple.

• Like 1

I thought it was one of the most most disgusting things I'd ever heard anyone say. But then you get this mental image of a king, wearing a long, red velvet robe trimmed in ermine, wearing a huge glittering crown and carrying a scepter. And behind him, as he pridefully strides down a long aisle of bowing, scraping sycophants, a proud acolyte bears a red velvet, ermine trimmed pillow, upon which rests...The Golden Jock Strap!

And now, the Golden Jock lives on, being passed down from generation to generation, complete with the original inscriptions etched by God via some Gas pumps while an imaginary snow flurry kept others mentally occupied.

Citizen non-members of the Way rejoice!  The Golden Jock is not lost!  It has not suffered a meltdown due to the economy to be auctioned off to make golden earrings for Way weddings.  NO.  It survives intact, passed down from Rosie to JY DeLoser to symbolize prosperity, rulership, and the protection of those in charge without nads. 

:jump:

:dance:

:beer:

On 10/18/2017 at 9:02 PM, Rocky said:

Probably wouldn't find production capital (or anywhere that would be willing to broadcast it) so easily these days... might have to wait a few months to determine the extent of fade in the Weinstein uproar.

Yeah for that pig - “payback is a bi+ch “ - as they say......hmmm how’s that for poetic justice!

Please excuse my French, Ladies - but I meant it no slight to you...just a fright to Weinstein.

Edited by T-Bone
Got some ‘splainin’ to do