GreaseSpot Cafe

The Weirwille Betrayal

So_crates

i never had the privilege of the second original sin

it strikes me that i should have figured something was wrong when the big fat mog took me against my will

I'm speechless. Its one of those times I wish I knew the thing to say to make it better, but I know there's no such thing.

SoCrates

oh thank you so much for saying that

let's enjoy this together

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPCZROoTMWk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPCZROoTMWk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPCZROoTMWk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by excathedra

When I was but a lad, the shadow of the Lord fell upon my countenance and a mighty wind engulfed my presence. From the darkness, a mighty, booming voice was heard to declare, "I, the Lord, wilt teach thou to play piano like it has never before been played if thou wilt teach thy kid brother to play Chopsticks." Well, as my years are beginning to advance, my piano prowess has diminished greatly But, boy oh boy, can that kid brother of mine play the living daylights out of Chopsticks!

is proof of my Divine encounter. Edited by waysider

i never had the privilege of the second original sin

it strikes me that i should have figured something was wrong when the big fat mog took me against my will

ex,

I'm glad you keep telling people about this. All the while they are building up a shrine to a dead man in TWI and whitewashing his image because it's easy for them to do this PR wise and legal wise - a dead man can't be charged or sued. In reality people listening to them are just worshipping an idol or image and allowing themselves to be controlled by unreasonable people.

So keep telling people. I know you're over the emotional, psychological and spiritual trauma by now, so you telling people is a great public service warning.

Didn't Weirwille also give some train-wreck story about learning to receive revelation, by betting at a horse track?

Yep. And supposedly he saw "black hearts" and "white hearts" shown to him by God then would witness to them and they would respond accordingly.

I wonder which he saw when he looked in the mirror?

Yep. And supposedly he saw "black hearts" and "white hearts" shown to him by God then would witness to them and they would respond accordingly.

I wonder which he saw when he looked in the mirror?

My guess is that he saw nothing at all when he looked in the mirror.

• Upvote 1

My guess is that he saw nothing at all when he looked in the mirror.

Now THAT'S funny!

Anyway, Gen-2, he also went to some fair, I think a county fair, prayed and spoke in tongues around the fortune teller's tent. Soon the fortune teller had to close up shop because she didn't get any business.

Anyway, Gen-2, he also went to some fair, I think a county fair, prayed and spoke in tongues around the fortune teller's tent. Soon the fortune teller had to close up shop because she didn't get any business.

She probably closed up shop because his lecherous leer creeped her out.

Edited by waysider
  • Upvote 1

Wierwille's stories.........ever notice the same pattern over and over?

1) Audible voice from God.....

2) Pitch-black snowstorm......

3) Betting at a race track....

4) Black heart--white heart...

5) Fortune teller closes tent.

6) India itinerary accounts...

No witnesses, no one around to refute his (fabricated) stories. HOW CONVENIENT....

Even if one were to accept wierwille's premise that God was working in him.....all of these "stories" are framed in the years 1941-1957. Yet, when wierwille was, later, supposedly more spiritually intuned to walk with God, where are the signs, miracles and wonders from 1957 - 1977 ..??

By 1957.....wierwille was 40 years old.

And, if wierwille's ministry was the greatest unfoldment of truth since the first century church(es) period......WHY DIDN'T GOD CONTINUE TO VALIDATE HIS PRESENCE WITH SIGNS, MIRACLES AND WONDERS FOR "HIS MAN, WIERWILLE.?"

Where's the Holy Spirit's markings (signs, miracles and wonders) of wierwille walking with God?

:rolleyes:

. . .

No witnesses, no one around to refute his (fabricated) stories. HOW CONVENIENT....

. . .

pretty much every joe believer and his sister told stories of their own. Too bad these aren't as documented as the patriarch's.

Edited by Bolshevik

Wierwille's stories.........ever notice the same pattern over and over?

1) Audible voice from God.....

2) Pitch-black snowstorm......

3) Betting at a race track....

4) Black heart--white heart...

5) Fortune teller closes tent.

6) India itinerary accounts...

Yes. The pattern seems very similar to Joseph Smith's interaction with the angel Moroni receiving the tablets that founded the LDS religion.

• 6 years later...
On 12/7/2010 at 8:16 PM, Sunesis said:

I have come to the conclusion over the years that he was a wolf in sheeps clothing, one masquerading as an angel of light.

When the "jesus movement" exploded in the '60s in CA, he went there with the intention of getting a piece of the action. He had a product to sell (the class) and just needed young men to move it for him. He managed through Heefner and Dopp to get a piece of the action.

People ask, how can he have been so nasty in his personal life, but seem so wonderful on stage or while teaching?

Simple, he stole another man's class (B.G. Leonard), called it his own, learned it and taught it.

The class didn't come from his heart, it came from another man's heart.

There was no love in VP 's heart for the "people." OH, sure, he liked individuals well enough, and if he thought you had leadership potential, would spend money on you so you could get your teeth fixed (he did that for one leader), or whatever would make you more presentable.

I think once he had his leadership in place, the mask slipped a little more.

Anyway, he hijacked others' ministries and claimed them for his own.

Many people knew.

If you didn't agree with him you were shut out, and kicked out - you were silenced.

But, it was Geer's Passing of the Patriarch that really opened peoples' eyes - and not in the sense I think CG had in mind. He was another VP idolitor. Instead of throwing our allegience to him, people saw how self-serving that writing and the author really were.

People turned away in disgust - it was the straw that broke the camel's back. People now had license to leave - and we did.

Yes, I think people felt betrayed. They gave their life, gave up their youth - for what?

VP was shown to be just another "man behind the curtain." Especially at the end - a whiny man - blaming everyone but himself for TWI's failings.

Sun, :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

On 12/14/2010 at 1:07 PM, chockfull said:

Yes. The pattern seems very similar to Joseph Smith's interaction with the angel Moroni receiving the tablets that founded the LDS religion.

Chock, let me tell you something about those tablets.  I grew up on a farm in Central New York State, and know for a fact, there are no Golden Tablets on farms in that particular part of the State.  A lot of rocks, and sometimes fruit, but no Golden Tablets.  I think JS was full of Manure, when he claimed the Angel Moroni gave him Golden Tablets on a farm in Central NY State.  Bunk!!