GreaseSpot Cafe

It's TurkeyDay Eve..Thoughts From The Cook

Well, here I am. Mother-in-law doing the hams & dressing, sweet potato pies completed (orginally there were 5, but one went for quality control ), & I'm smoking the host, a 20 pounder. I've got about 4 more hours to go, but it's a dark golden brown with a mesquite flavor. There's an extra chair for & a warm welcome for anyone who wants to come...we'll start about 2:00pm. If not, just drop a line here.

Happy Thanksgiving to All G'spoters!!!!!

...on the 8th Day, GOD made the Harley, & it was Good.

I have picked up the 3 pies from Publix' bakery and the frozen cool whip. Personally, I'd prefer vanilla ice cream, but it won't travel the hour and a half drive to bowtwi jr's as well as the frozen cool whip will. It's nice of them to bake such a nice pie, so I don't feel obligated to do them from scratch...

I have all the fixins for the potato and cheddar cheese casserole with the chex cereal on top and the green bean casserole that are my responsibility to bring anytime we gather for a meal these days, to be prepared in the morning.

I have the dressing altogether in the fridge - how do they say, permeating, I think is the word I'm looking for...

Oh yeah, we do love Thanksgiving! The best part is all my favorite people will be around me all day!!! Woo hoo!!!

bowtwi...

I LOVE PUBLIX!!! Didja get the two for $5.00 pumpkin pies? They look great. I bought a can of Readi-whip because they had it in the same case as the pies.

I got everything from Publix... the turkey, the ham, the side dishes. We're having another ex-TWI family over tomorrow. This is the first time we've been home in a few years. We usually go to my mom's in S. Fla.

BTW - I don't think I'm doing the Christmas party this year. I will let you know if I change my mind. If I do, it'll be smaller than last year's.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!!

Hope R. color>size>face>

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now" - Stephen Stills

All I have to do is bake two pumpkin pies and go over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's (and Grandfather's) house in my little white sleigh.

My son's here for a week, and it's his first Thanksgiving with us in more than a decade when he wasn't a vegetarian, so he gave fair warning: "I'm ready to eat!" This is also my first Thanksgiving as a nonsmoker in more years than I care to count, so my tastebuds are jumpin' for joy. This is gonna be good.

Linda Z

I had a complete Publix Thanksgiving dinner last year, Hope! Great stuff! Of course, I still made my potato casserole...

yep, I got the pies 2/$5 - can't beat em!

Just spoke with bowtwi jr's girlfriend - love that girl! She tells me that bowtwi jr has decided HE wants to make the pumpkin pies!!! So I chuckled and we had pumpkin pie for breakfast.

(The princess informed me she does NOT eat sweets for breakfast - what is WITH these kids today???

LOL - as if it matters - it WILL get eaten, no doubt)

THEN, the girlfriend tells me that SHE is making stuffing. LOL We'll be eating punkin pie and stuffing over and over til maybe even I will get sick of it!!! LOL

But, she ALSO told me she is making ham, no turkey, and is roasting a chicken in case my guest doesn't eat pork... So, what the heck, it's all good.

The main thing is, we're getting together and doing what we do best - EAT.

Seriously, we do have a Thanksgiving tradition that I really enjoy. We each tell something we're thankful for and I sure like that part!!!

btw Hope, party or none, we'll have to get together one of these days...